Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RVJATL

Hawksquawk Forum

17 posts in this topic

I think it was nice of the mods to hear our request for a Hawks forum, but let's be serious. Do we really need this on a football forum? Try Hawksquawk if you haven't already. It has a pretty active community and their board format look a lot like AFMB.

I think it was nice of the mods to hear our request for a Hawks forum, but let's be serious. Do we really need this on a football forum? Try Hawksquawk if you haven't already. It has a pretty active community and their board format look a lot like AFMB.

The purpose of this forum isn't and wasn't meant to be a proxy for the Hawks main discussion board, just like the Braves forum isn't. So, it's not that we "need" this forum; it's just a convenience for people who want to discuss the Hawks at a high level without having to go to another site, that's all.

The purpose of this forum isn't and wasn't meant to be a proxy for the Hawks main discussion board, just like the Braves forum isn't. So, it's not that we "need" this forum; it's just a convenience for people who want to discuss the Hawks at a high level without having to go to another site, that's all.

I get what you're saying, but I just think a Hawks forum here will just end up being very underutilized. I mean, most people here come to talk about the Falcons and probably either don't care for the Hawks (because the like another team) or just don't care about the NBA period. Also, if people really wanted to, it wouldn't that inconvenient to just leave another tab open to another board.

I get what you're saying, but I just think a Hawks forum here will just end up being very underutilized. I mean, most people here come to talk about the Falcons and probably either don't care for the Hawks (because the like another team) or just don't care about the NBA period. Also, if people really wanted to, it wouldn't that inconvenient to just leave another tab open to another board.

If so, that's fine. Like I said, the purpose of the forum is not to compete with or replace the Hawks main forum. If it turns out that it's being underutilized, then, I'll just delete the forum, that's all. But, let's at least wait until the NBA season starts and see. Conversely, I anticipate the Braves forum being more active once the MLB playoffs start.

If so, that's fine. Like I said, the purpose of the forum is not to compete with or replace the Hawks main forum. If it turns out that it's being underutilized, then, I'll just delete the forum, that's all. But, let's at least wait until the NBA season starts and see. Conversely, I anticipate the Braves forum being more active once the MLB playoffs start.

Sure thing. I'm just letting people that like the Hawks that there are other options and they're welcome to check it out if they're unsatisfied with the amount of activity or seek to hear opinions from a much larger community.

hah, screw that mess. This board makes this website that much better. Under-used?I'll be up in here everyday. So will a bunch of other Hawks fans. I'd rather discuss them with people I know from these boards than go to a whole new forum. If you don't like that, don't bother to post here.

blkbigdog35 likes this

This forum makes it much more convenient for me. I also have a profile at Hawksquawk but this allows me to just stay on AFMB to discuss the Hawks with most of the posters that I know like what +William Moore+ said. I think it is a great addition to AFMB and it will see more traffic once the NBA season starts.

Birdy™ and blkbigdog35 like this

hah, screw that mess. This board makes this website that much better. Under-used?I'll be up in here everyday. So will a bunch of other Hawks fans. I'd rather discuss them with people I know from these boards than go to a whole new forum. If you don't like that, don't bother to post here.

It's up to you. You can post wherever. If you like talking to some of them same people on this board, that's fine. Or if you like talking to a new community with some of the same people that post here, that's fine too. I will occasionally lurk here it's slow on the other site. I'm just giving some options.

The Braves forum doesn't have a ton of posters but it's been very active for a long time and I personally love that forum because, as BankerBird mentioned, it's very convenient as opposed to joining a Braves MB. Same applies for this forum.

blkbigdog35 and LouDog. like this

I agree willy mo I would rather chat with you guys as well!

Thanks for this forum. Hawksquawk and Peachtreehoops are nice, but aren't as user friendly for my mobile device like this forum.

Thanks for this forum. Hawksquawk and Peachtreehoops are nice, but aren't as user friendly for my mobile device like this forum.

Hawksquawk uses the same forum software and looks the same on my phone with the web browser or Tapatalk that this site does. Exactly the same actually. But Peachtree is nowhere near as mobile friendly.

Not sure you can talk about something being underutilized when it literally is days old. If you want proof of a new forum working, take the Braves subforum. That place has more replies or slightly less than ones that have been around for many more years (pure football, draft & FA, etc). I suspect this place will follow in its footsteps at about the same rate.

Hawksquawk uses the same forum software and looks the same on my phone with the web browser or Tapatalk that this site does. Exactly the same actually. But Peachtree is nowhere near as mobile friendly.

Thanks for the correction. Hadn't visited in a long time because of that. Glad to hear about the updated software format.

It's up to you. You can post wherever. If you like talking to some of them same people on this board, that's fine. Or if you like talking to a new community with some of the same people that post here, that's fine too. I will occasionally lurk here it's slow on the other site. I'm just giving some options.

everybody already knew the other options. They asked for this forum to be created anyway. Not a big deal