Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega Flare

How Far Will Our Hustlin' Hawks Go This Season?

15 posts in this topic

First off, this off-season was a HUGE letdown! I was expecting Ferry to make a HUGE splash after getting rid of Josh and Drew, but it looks like we'll be a clone of the Spurs (as far as initial star power) after all. Plus, the two players I was most excited to see are staying in Spain for another year (they should have kept BeBe here to bulk up and work on his post game, but whatever). The biggest move I wanted Ferry to make was making Doc Rivers a ridiculous offer so the Hawks all-time leader in assists would finally be our head coach (he should have scooped him up after Orlando(?) fired him years ago.

Overall, since half of the NBA makes the playoffs, I know we'll get in, but based on how some teams in the East are on the rise (Indiana, Chicago with a healthy Rose possibly), I say we grab the 6th seed and win a series if we're lucky.

What are your predictions?

Yeah I can see us definitely making the playoffs again this year. I see us getting in with the 6 or 7 seed. I agree with you that this off season was a huuuuuuge letdown! With millions to spend I just knew we would be able to lure at least one top free agent. I don't get it because a lot of pro athletes make ATL their home in the offseason. It is what it is I guess! I'm looking forward to developing our young guys and another playoff run.

Mega Flare likes this

I'm sure the ownership is a BIG reason why free agents don't come here, but I hope the next few years of stability (and hopefully some success) will lead a few to sign here in the near future.

I'm liking our new, young guys, and I could definitely see the Hawks raising some eyebrows this season. We won't do much this season I'm sure, but it's a rebuilding year so we'll be working our way to the top in preparation for future seasons.

Mega Flare likes this

Since the rest of the teams suck,

they will make the playoffs again.

LOU, TEA ,KK, AL, CAR, Brand, Menace , BIG Ayon and Millsap will gets some wins,

sux BEBE isn't going to be here to run the other Centers to Death!

1354145738.jpg

I'm liking our new, young guys, and I could definitely see the Hawks raising some eyebrows this season. We won't do much this season I'm sure, but it's a rebuilding year so we'll be working our way to the top in preparation for future seasons.

I was surprised we made the playoffs at all last year, since it was also supposed to be a rebuilding year, but a few other teams have healed up in the meantime. I wonder how the fans will embrace a team with zero flash and a blue-collar work ethic?

Yeah, I agree with y'all, with the massive TV ratings this town produces for the NBA, a star could OWN this town. I've never understood why no major players want to come here. Especially as good as they've been for a few years, one big star and they would have got a banner!

Mega Flare likes this

I'm confused at the decisions made in the draft, a bunch of foreigners,? Also signing Milsap and letting Smith go was like the Nique, Manning trade, why? I was disappointed they didn't make a run for Iguodala

i think 7-8 seed also. I was very disappointed with Danny Ferry's offseason decisions. Teague isn't worth 32 million to me. Josh is gone and somehow we end up with Paul Milsap. He's good but he needs help. Zaza's gone so now we have an even bigger hole to fill at the 5. I really thought we were gonna work out something with Monte Ellis that would've been epic

BankerBird™ and Mega Flare like this