Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iDash

Suns Release Michael Beasley For Mj!

10 posts in this topic

I'm okay with it if Ferry is but does Beasley seem like a player that the Spurs would pick up?

I say that because Ferry's Spurs roots are showing in the way he is building this team.

Just look at the players he has picked up in the draft this offseason.

• Schroeder(from Germany) - a fast PG that has great court vision, great passing skills, good ball-handling skills, and is a good shooter even though he does need some work on getting better defensively and setting up his own shot.
  • Nogueira (from Brazil) - Tall but very lanky and small weight wise. He is a very athletic 7ft center that has the potential to be a very good shot blocker along with providing good play on the offensive side. He is currently going back to play in Spain for another 1 or 2 years to continue to grow his skills because he is still very raw. Nogueira also needs to put on at least close to 20 more lbs in order for him to not get so easily overpowered in the paint like he was during his time playing in the NBA Summer League. I like how he showed good court vision when it comes to getting the ball out to players in the perimeter.
  • Muscala - A PF/C combo player and good agility for his size(6'11). He is an all around solid player and is going to play in Spain for 1 year to sharpen his skills and plus get more playing time because the Hawks already have a crowded backcourt.

Those kind of seem like Spurs esque pickups to me by Ferry and the Hawks.

On a side note: I really hope that Nogeira develops well during his time in Spain and be brought in to allow Horford to finally move over primarily to the 4(which is the best fit for him). That could allow Horford to finally play like a big-time allstar. Nogueira and Horford could be a very good and athletic C/PF combo, which the Hawks need badly.

blkbigdog35 likes this

I'm okay with it if Ferry is but does Beasley seem like a player that the Spurs would pick up?

I say that because Ferry's Spurs roots are showing in the way he is building this team.

Just look at the players he has picked up in the draft this offseason.

• Schroeder(from Germany) - a fast PG that has great court vision, great passing skills, good ball-handling skills, and is a good shooter even though he does need some work on getting better defensively and setting up his own shot.
  • Nogueira (from Brazil) - Tall but very lanky and small weight wise. He is a very athletic 7ft center that has the potential to be a very good shot blocker along with providing good play on the offensive side. He is currently going back to play in Spain for another 1 or 2 years to continue to grow his skills because he is still very raw. Nogueira also needs to put on at least close to 20 more lbs in order for him to not get so easily overpowered in the paint like he was during his time playing in the NBA Summer League. I like how he showed good court vision when it comes to getting the ball out to players in the perimeter.
  • Muscala - A PF/C combo player and good agility for his size(6'11). He is an all around solid player and is going to play in Spain for 1 year to sharpen his skills and plus get more playing time because the Hawks already have a crowded backcourt.

Those kind of seem like Spurs esque pickups to me by Ferry and the Hawks.

On a side note: I really hope that Nogeira develops well during his time in Spain and be brought in to allow Horford to finally move over primarily to the 4(which is the best fit for him). That could allow Horford to finally play like a big-time allstar. Nogueira and Horford could be a very good and athletic C/PF combo, which the Hawks need badly.

Good post and maybe with this type of staff we have here now we could turn this guy into a consistent pro. He is a talented kid.

Waste of a roster spot and cap space. Ineffecient chucker with no work ethic and not willing to compromise in order to mold the team. Not that he's a bad person in general, he just really doesn't give two shets. Remember how Darko Milicic was tossed around from team to team just because he was the second overall pick and some team thought they would be able to get solid production out of him? Same situation here.