Saints Bring Fresh Faces Into Week 1 Vs. Atlanta

wonderboy09

He's the real deal and a true headhunter. Don't even pay attention to the depth chart because it not accurate at all. When the season ends, he will be a top candidate for ROY you can bank on that. He has been so dominate at times that the team has asked him to tone it down. If you haven't watch any Saints practices and/or games then you wouldn't know because the media depth chart is a waste of your reading time. I think after watching his play this Sunday many of you will come away pretty impress by this guys swagger and true ball hawking ability.

elohel

Link me.

Not the point- several posters here claimed that the number of UDFAs that made the Falcons team were evidence of lack of quality depth on the Falcons. Or maybe it was just multiple swift incarnations, hard to tell.

Nobody is making that claim about the Saints- or the Seahawks, who have 17 new faces on their roster.

It's just evidence of the double standards that some have around here.

Great, Great point.

Vaccaro had as many tackles in 4 preseason games as Worrilow had in the first 2. Just saying.

Worrilow is a linebacker on a team with little depth. Mean he had many opportunities to make tackles. Vaccaro is a "safety" that spent lots of time in coverage. Can you get the gist of what all that means or do we need to keep going further?

Vaccaro is listed as a 2nd stringer according to the Saint's website. He couldn't even beat out Harper for the starting job. I'm not too worried about him having an immediate impact.

Means nothing. Vaccaro spent lots of time on the field with both Harper and Jenkins on the field. He is listed as a safety in theory but he switches to slot corner, strong safety, free safety, or even linebacker depending on the call. It's obvious folks over here aren't familiar with how modern hybrid defenses work.

Edited by Saintdogg

Worrilow is a linebacker on a team with little depth. Mean he had many opportunities to make tackles. Vaccaro is a "safety" that spent lots of time in coverage. Can you get the gist of what all that means or do we need to keep going further?

Means nothing. Vaccaro spent lots of time on the field with both Harper and Jenkins on the field. He is listed as a safety in theory but he switches to slot corner, strong safety, free safety, or even linebacker depending on the call. It's obvious folks over here aren't familiar with how modern hybrid defenses work.

So you argue at me that Worrilow has more chances to tackle while Vaccaro is in coverage all the time, then turn around and argue at the other guy that Vaccaro is on the field all the time and plays linebacker and SS a lot? Make up your mind and pick one argument, can't go both ways.

So you argue at me that Worrilow has more chances to tackle while Vaccaro is in coverage all the time, then turn around and argue at the other guy that Vaccaro is on the field all the time and plays linebacker and SS a lot? Make up your mind and pick one argument, can't go both ways.

Where did I say he plays linebacker "a lot"? Point me to it. Didn't even say which LB spot since 3/4 lbs still have to cover.

The point is that depth charts means very little with regards to how Vaccaro is used.

Edited by Saintdogg

Nah people over here understand how hybrid defenses work. It's what we run too. **** just about every defense has hybrid looks. And ultimately I think Vaccaro will be a great addition to the saints d. It just bothers me seeing the same saints fans claiming how great their rookie is doing or will do, yet seem to think we're doomed with our inexperienced secondary.

Payton added that the Saints record of giving undrafted players a fair shot gives the team a chance to get the best of them after each draft, which might explain why six were good enough to be on the Week 1 roster.

''One of the selling points (of signing with New Orleans) is we are going to play the best players, and a guy who is a free agent out of college will have the same opportunities as the draft picks,'' Payton said. ''So I think (it helps) in that regard.''<<<<

Payton added that the Saints record of giving undrafted players a fair shot gives the team a chance to get the best of them after each draft, which might explain why six were good enough to be on the Week 1 roster.

''One of the selling points (of signing with New Orleans) is we are going to play the best players, and a guy who is a free agent out of college will have the same opportunities as the draft picks,'' Payton said. ''So I think (it helps) in that regard.''<<< I cant the same about the Falcons. We cut a lot of players at DT that was better than Jerry.