Could New Orleans Be A Trap Game?

The OP posed this question as a question for debate. Something to talk about. Why all the hostility?

To answer... No. This team knows what this game is about. The Saints know what this game is about. We embarrased Drew Brees on national television. No Drew, the division isn't yours. And we ended his streak. This game is going to be a slugfest, no doubt, unless Atlanta gets up big early and keeps their foots on their throats. I do think it is going to be a high scoring game though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP posed this question as a question for debate. Something to talk about. Why all the hostility?

To answer... No. This team knows what this game is about. The Saints know what this game is about. We embarrased Drew Brees on national television. No Drew, the division isn't yours. And we ended his streak. This game is going to be a slugfest, no doubt, unless Atlanta gets up big early and keeps their foots on their throats. I do think it is going to be a high scoring game though.

I don't think there is anything debatable about his question. There is NO WAY anyone in the league would consider this a trap game

I don't think there is anything debatable about his question. There is NO WAY anyone in the league would consider this a trap game

Not in your typical sense of a trap game. I think it means is this an opponent we won't be ready for. Of course trap games are usually playing a lesser opponent the week before a big game with a fierce rival. But I can see how this could be a "trap game," in the sense that we will not be ready for.

You have to think outside the box. ;)

OP is joking, he is mocking the trap threads folks start every week.

watching NFL network,only one had us as the game of the week,eric said this game will show if we are for real the contenders we think we are.we win either scenario,either by dominance or by squeeking out a win.

These reporters are just paid by the word. This isn't college football. Nobody will know really what kind of team they have until week 6ish and even then some teams start out 6-0 and then lose 9 out of their last 10.

Not in your typical sense of a trap game. I think it means is this an opponent we won't be ready for. Of course trap games are usually playing a lesser opponent the week before a big game with a fierce rival. But I can see how this could be a "trap game," in the sense that we will not be ready for.

You have to think outside the box. wink.png

No thanks

blaming the Refs is a weak whiners crutch. Just like injuries the Refs are a part of the game.

"Developing screen pass" call to negate a safety and keep the ball in Brees' hands for the Marino record......PI call on Grimes INT......helmet-to-helmet hit flag on Lofton, no call when Palmer got blown up the same game.....

Dude, the Falcons got every break and every call last year and still couldn't get it done. Stop the pregame crying and wait until you actually lose.

Yeah, I remember those breaks.....like when one of our starting corners went out for the season in the first game....or when our QB threw five picks in a game.....or when Coach Smith challenged a turnover and got an unsportsmanlike penalty....or when Spoon, Julio, and William Moore missed time.....or when Matt Bryant missed all of those field goals against the Cowboys...or when Roddy couldn't find the game winner against the Superdome ceiling.....or when the referees flagged Abe for a non-offsides on the Corey Peters interception. Yep, everything went our way last year.