Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miller2Rison

Tim Tebow Cut

He's a proven playoff winner and is the best back-up on the market.

Gotta disagree with you there, KOG.

Dennis Dixon is the best backup on the market, that is, if noone has snatched him up already.

They could have put Knowshon Moreno at QB on the broncos and had the same success. I truly do not understand how people don't see that.

Their success was largely credited to the defense, but if any QB could have done it, why did they bench Orton for him? And as soon as he starts, the wins come in. He played pretty awful most of the games, but when the 4th quarter rolled around, he was great. You have to give him some of the credit. He was the starting QB.

Their success was largely credited to the defense, but if any QB could have done it, why did they bench Orton for him? And as soon as he starts, the wins come in. He played pretty awful most of the games, but when the 4th quarter rolled around, he was great. You have to give him some of the credit. He was the starting QB.

That credit should go to the defense for 4 quarters of solid shut-down work. Also, there are 10 other players on offense in that fourth quarter who shouldn't be ignored if we are handing out credit to Denver's O for their playoff run that year.

If the defense didn't play well when he played they got blown out. Remember the Detroit game? Every now and then he'd put together a decent game, but every now and then doesn't cut it for an NFL QB.

Also, I'll give him credit beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs. They basically put everyone in the box instead of making him make tight throws they left the field wide open for him. Nobody is going to do that same strategy ever again. If you play Tebow like every other QB he will struggle.

I'm not saying any QB could have done it, but any running back could have. That's basically all Tebow is. **** I've seen RB's that throw better than him too.

Charlie Batch is available, too.

I'd be happy with either of those guys.

Charlie Batch is on the market? That's nuts. Yeah I'd take Batch. Dixon first though. I like those guys who can turn on the jets when necessary. Mini-checkdown.

Charlie Batch is on the market? That's nuts. Yeah I'd take Batch. Dixon first though. I like those guys who can turn on the jets when necessary. Mini-checkdown.

We should sign Vince Young. He's a proven winner in the NFL and we can ignore his accuracy issues because hey! He's a winner!!!

That credit should go to the defense for 4 quarters of solid shut-down work. Also, there are 10 other players on offense in that fourth quarter who shouldn't be ignored if we are handing out credit to Denver's O for their playoff run that year.

Their whole team pulled together and made a playoff run. I'm not saying it was due to Tebow. He's a great man & a great ATHLETE but not a great, or good QB. The defense balled out all season & led them to the playoffs. The offense did enough to pull out some wins. I'm not saying Tebow is to be credited with all of that, because he's not, but he did contribute & he provided a spark of enthusiasm for that team & for the fans.

I could have lit that defense up lol. Defense is a great guy and a motivational teammate but an nfl qb is something that he is not

yeah you could have if Clark wasn't playing. He is a good football player to me. Just not a qb like you said.

he has to get credit. But that defense has to get most. But they did start winning once he became the starter

to be clear, I'm not a fan of Tebow and not a churchy guy who's just rooting for the QB who genuflects after every good play. However, I saw some of those games and while it was a team effort you can't deny his contribution or success. All this while everyone was saying he's not good enough. Now that he's not starting all you 'he's not good enough' guys get to remember history with your own twist. The fact is he's a good character guy with a successful track record and for all his faults he knows how to win in the NFL. Do I want to circus? No. Am I saying Tebow's going to displace Matt? No. All I'm saying is we couldn't ask for a better backup considering what's available this year.

There are allot of talented guys out there with great shinny, sparkly skills that don't translate to wins. So, for your sake, for you families sake why not try a product that looks bad but, gets the job done. Anyone can put a warranty on a box.

hqdefault.jpg

No but winning does. And Tebow has won more games than he has lossed... in the NFL.

He did take the NFL by storm, but then people started figuring him out near the end of that season. I already gave him credit for beating Pittsburgh. He's had about a seasons worth of starts. With his terrible QB play if he started for several years it's more likely he'll lose more than he'll win, and if, by some reason he still does win with terrible QB play, he's never going to win a Super Bowl as a starter.

If Tebow didn't wear his religion on his sleeve he wouldn't have nearly as many followers. Heck, if he wasn't religious he'd just be another terrible backup people don't care about. Although that's something I won't go into detail about because I'm pretty sure talking about that would be against the rules.

i personally think tebow is a solid player and a winner, he made denver a winning team and took them into the playoffs and brought home a playoff win. i think the pats cut him bc he didnt want to be a hybrid player. i think he would fit good as a back up to ryan here, if ever needed i think he could manage a couple of ws if ryan eve goe down.

please do not reply to this post if your reply lacks football knowledge.

I wouldn't go this route.. He can't play in this offense as effectively as some other guys out there. I like his personality for being a Falcon, but that's about it. And I REALLY root for him and his personality. I wish he was better right now, but he isn't..

...As for the football knowledge part, if a kicker sends it through the uprights during a kickoff, 3 points are sadly NOT awarded.