Turner was flat out a touchdown machine. I loved watching him play. I'm glad we had him and now that he's gone, I'm glad we have SJax, who is flat out a beast and will also be fun to watch.

I wouldn't trade the time Turner was here though - EXCEPT maybe last year. I think he should have been used less last year, he just wasn't as effective.

Turner all the way. S Jax has done nothing in preseason, but he hasn't had any blocking. That was Turner's problem - he never got any blocking last year. Jax just does't hit like Turner did. Plus, Turner was faster than Jax. Turner had breakaway speed that Jax doesn't. Jax may be quicker hitting the hole, but on a long run he gets caught up with whereas Turner could break the long runs and score.

I like Jax I'm just saying.

Turner all the way. S Jax has done nothing in preseason, but he hasn't had any blocking. That was Turner's problem - he never got any blocking last year. Jax just does't hit like Turner did. Plus, Turner was faster than Jax. Turner had breakaway speed that Jax doesn't. Jax may be quicker hitting the hole, but on a long run he gets caught up with whereas Turner could break the long runs and score.

I like Jax I'm just saying.

uh, what? Turner had so many runs that should have been long TDs where he got caught from behind.You aren't really insinuating that Turner is faster than Sjax are you?

I think Turner was the better runner of the 2 in their prime, but SJax is probably better overall because of the huge difference between the two's pass catching abilities. Still, which of the 2 you choose comes down to which offense you want them for... MT for the ground and pound clock control offense and SJax for a more balanced offense or a pass happy offense.

For our current offense, SJax is probably the better choice of the 2. Either one in their prime would be good, though.

Jackson. God knows what he would've done with a decent line and team around him

Man I hope the OL blocks for him just a little, the guy has 2-3 good seasons left. Going to be interesting to see how the Falcons incorporate him into the offense. As long as it's not forced, I think they will be all right.

Comparing these two is a mute point, they're different guys. For me, I'll ALWAYS hv luv for the Burner cause we were dead in the water that season after "dog-gate" and we had to suffer that season with Joey "Blowey" Harrington as a QB. Turner helped tow line that next season when our star to be QB Matt Ryan was a rook. He was top three in rushing and nearly MVP with a crappy o-line. He helped us fast forward to being a

relevant team when in other situation we would STILL be suffering from that mess today. It should hv been, with our history, possibly 5-6 seasons b4 we wld recover from that embarrassing nuclear meltdown of our franchise if not for that. He can't help that he turned 30 yrs old (the wall for nearly every RB) and that he ran out of gas like most do. Having said that, I'm super-glad that we hv S-Jax too. He is a diff guy and a diff RB. But of course S-Jax in his prime wld be the logical choice. I just think it's unfair to rip Turner for that. I mean is it every point guard's fault they are not Magic Johnson? Turner did a lot for us when we were in our darkest hour and it just seems disrespectful and pointless to use S-Jax as a comparison just to bash Turner imho. Two diff guys, two diff situations.

Edited by The Vent King

Comparing these two is a MOOT point, they're different guys. For me, I'll ALWAYS hv luv for the Burner cause we were dead in the water that season after "dog-gate" and we had to suffer that season with Joey "Blowey" Harrington as a QB. Turner helped tow line that next season when our star to be QB Matt Ryan was a rook. He was top three in rushing and nearly MVP with a crappy o-line. He helped us fast forward to being a

relevant team when in other situation we would STILL be suffering from that mess today. It should hv been, with our history, possibly 5-6 seasons b4 we wld recover from that embarrassing nuclear meltdown of our franchise if not for that. He can't help that he turned 30 yrs old (the wall for nearly every RB) and that he ran out of gas like most do. Having said that, I'm super-glad that we hv S-Jax too. He is a diff guy and a diff RB. But of course S-Jax in his prime wld be the logical choice. I just think it's unfair to rip Turner for that. I mean is it every point guard's fault they are not Magic Johnson? Turner did a lot for us when we were in our darkest hour and it just seems disrespectful and pointless to use S-Jax as a comparison just to bash Turner imho. Two diff guys, two diff situations.

Dont mention it.

Turner was flat out a touchdown machine. I loved watching him play. I'm glad we had him and now that he's gone, I'm glad we have SJax, who is flat out a beast and will also be fun to watch.

I wouldn't trade the time Turner was here though - EXCEPT maybe last year. I think he should have been used less last year, he just wasn't as effective.

Truth ^^^^. No reason to crap on what Turner did here. He's a big reason we are where we are today. I would love to see him get a job within the Falcons FO at some point.

Turner's first year with us, was really impressive. But I think he had a great O-line that made him look good. I would have to go with Jackson overall, since he had the ability to catch the football and play on 3rd and longs consistently.

Great o-line? We've NEVER had that ever in the last TWENTY years and that year was one of the worst due to transitioning from that cut-block philosophy. Turner was just good and unfortunately got old like most RBs hitting 30 do.