BankerBird™

The Official Welcome New A F M B Members Thread

872 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2017 at 10:17 AM, Falcon form E said:

Hi, long time reader, decided to finally register

Welcome. JPowers will give you the tour and invite you over for the NFCCG on Sunday!

Jpowers likes this

On 1/11/2017 at 0:09 PM, NyFalconsFan92 said:

Been lurking for years finally going to start posting lol happy times let's go on this run 

Welcome. Be obnoxious and you'll fit right in. 

I wanted to stop by and wish all of you Falcon's fans and the team the best of luck in this years Super Bowl.  From Everett Washington so a Seahawks fan, but still wishing you the best.  Hope you take the Lombardi home this year.

P.S.  Tell Dan Quinn we want him back here in Seattle, he's a heck of a good coach.  You guys picked well.

Best,  Les.

I'm a long time Panther fan from NC I want to wish you guys nothing but the best. If y'all play in the SB as well as you did Sun. against the Packers, I have no doubt you will win. I'll be hanging around till the SB to see what y'all are talking about.

Ron

I've been a fan of the Falcons from over here in the UK since around 2002.

A friend of mine (a Patriots fan no less) got me into Football, we used to go to our local pub on a Sunday evening and forced the staff to put the games on the big screen. I ended up marrying the lady who ran the pub 4 years later.

I started supporting the Falcons because of Michael Vick, as I was learning about the game his style was so different to what other QBs were doing then and as a rugby player I felt he would have made a great player in my own sport.

As the years have gone on I've grown older but I've always supported the Dirty Birds through thick and thin. Some of my favourite players to pull on the jersey over the years have been the likes of Warrick Dunn, Roddy White, Tony Gonzales, Michael Turner, John Abraham and I'm sure I've left someone important out!

I've seen disappointments during the last 15 or so years and every season I tell myself this is going to be our year but this season feels different. The team is a machine and every cog is working so effectively and they are working for each other. There is no ego with these players just high levels of skill and a true team spirit.

I've been going through some stuff in my personal life really and seeing the Falcons do so well has provided a welcome relief. Through my work I spoke with a guy from Sheboygan County, Wisconsin today and mentioned the game on Sunday and he took my light hearted joking about whether Aaron Rogers is still missing quite well!

I've read these boards for some time and felt that I should write something to show my support.  I know a few of you guys will probably cry 'bandwagoner' but I have honestly followed the team for over a decade and every time the Falcons are shown on TV I have made sure that I am watching! I actually missed the chance to watch at Wembley in 2014 against the Lions due to work commitments overseas but I will get to see the team live sometime soon I'm sure after we become Super Bowl Champions (thats got a nice 'ring' to it!)

Rise Up

Checking in from Steeler Nation to lend support to the Falcons for the Super Bowl.  

The Cheating So-and-So's From New England are our most hated rival, even more than teams in our division.

Packer fan here sitting in the middle of Seahawk country, first off, knocking the Hawks out of the playoffs made my weekend!! Of course it was the Refs fault, but I am used to hearing all the excuses. 2nd, I was hoping the beatdown you guys put on our horrid corners and terrible defensive scheme would prompt change, but no, Dom Capers will return to further GB's mediocrity defense in 2017. 3rd, I have always liked the Falcons since waaaay back in the early 80's, so obviously I am rooting for you guys to win it all!! Good luck in the big dance!  

Edited by PackerKing

On 1/25/2017 at 0:07 PM, rooumyUK said:

I've been a fan of the Falcons from over here in the UK since around 2002.

A friend of mine (a Patriots fan no less) got me into Football, we used to go to our local pub on a Sunday evening and forced the staff to put the games on the big screen. I ended up marrying the lady who ran the pub 4 years later.

I started supporting the Falcons because of Michael Vick, as I was learning about the game his style was so different to what other QBs were doing then and as a rugby player I felt he would have made a great player in my own sport.

As the years have gone on I've grown older but I've always supported the Dirty Birds through thick and thin. Some of my favourite players to pull on the jersey over the years have been the likes of Warrick Dunn, Roddy White, Tony Gonzales, Michael Turner, John Abraham and I'm sure I've left someone important out!

I've seen disappointments during the last 15 or so years and every season I tell myself this is going to be our year but this season feels different. The team is a machine and every cog is working so effectively and they are working for each other. There is no ego with these players just high levels of skill and a true team spirit.

I've been going through some stuff in my personal life really and seeing the Falcons do so well has provided a welcome relief. Through my work I spoke with a guy from Sheboygan County, Wisconsin today and mentioned the game on Sunday and he took my light hearted joking about whether Aaron Rogers is still missing quite well!

I've read these boards for some time and felt that I should write something to show my support.  I know a few of you guys will probably cry 'bandwagoner' but I have honestly followed the team for over a decade and every time the Falcons are shown on TV I have made sure that I am watching! I actually missed the chance to watch at Wembley in 2014 against the Lions due to work commitments overseas but I will get to see the team live sometime soon I'm sure after we become Super Bowl Champions (thats got a nice 'ring' to it!)

Rise Up

UK. you'll see some rugby style nastiness from the Atlanta defense this Sunday. Thanks for your support. My favorite college class at CAL was an English elective on the Arthurian myth. Been to Deutschland, love to see Great Britain. 

On 1/26/2017 at 10:31 PM, ATL in Super Bowl said:

Hey Everyone, I'll be in Houston for Super Bowl LI.  One of my friends has a house for rent if anyone is interested, may be able to negotiate.  Just let me know.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14102420?checkin=02%2F02%2F2017&checkout=02%2F06%2F2017&guests=10&adults=10&children=0&infants=0&s=qWYI8TSq

Welcome. Don't let any Pats fans in the house!

Huge fan here! I read the boards daily, but never comment. This game is huge for me because my husband is from New England. That means I have to watch the game with a bunch of loud Patriots fans (love my in-laws, bless their hearts). Pray for me! On the flip-side, he walked in the door this afternoon singing "Falcons Rise-Up" because it is all he has heard (we're south of Atlanta). He said he's sick of hearing it. I say hashtag deal with it. 

You know I had to show out today, on Falcons Friday, and make sure our daughter was showing her support for the better team. She will most certainly be a Falcons fan on Sunday. Screw the other half of her DNA. 

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

Edited by PFurtado
RiversideFalcon and Jpowers like this

13 hours ago, PFurtado said:

Huge fan here! I read the boards daily, but never comment. This game is huge for me because my husband is from New England. That means I have to watch the game with a bunch of loud Patriots fans (love my in-laws, bless their hearts). Pray for me! On the flip-side, he walked in the door this afternoon singing "Falcons Rise-Up" because it is all he has heard (we're south of Atlanta). He said he's sick of hearing it. I say hashtag deal with it. 

You know I had to show out today, on Falcons Friday, and make sure our daughter was showing her support for the better team. She will most certainly be a Falcons fan on Sunday. Screw the other half of her DNA. 

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

Welcome aboard and here's to hoping you get to **** talk your husband all next week. 

Hey peoples just wanted to drop by and invite you all to check out my new channel on youtube where i preview up coming falcons game 

check out pt 2 of my 2 part video on the Superbowl

Hi all,

Just joined the forum, been reading posts for the majority of the 2016 season. Full disclosure, I am a 28 year year old male who resides in Toronto ON Canada so I don't have a "home team". Truth be told, I have followed and supported the Jets since 2004 when Curtis Martin won me my first fantasy football title - been through Herm, Mangini, Rex and now dumb-*** Bowles years.

However, this year I drafted Matt Ryan and traded for Mo Sanu, and they guided me to another title. I know many of you may hate fantasy football, but it's fun, I win $, and let me have it! Coincidentally, the first fantasy player I ever drafted was Mike Vick and he was also the first NFL jersey I ever bought. Back to this year, I have followed this miraculous season week to week and have been so impressed with DQ and the entire bunch. I also have a soft spot for Dimitroff given he went to the University of Guelph which is about 90 minutes outside of Toronto where his dad was the head football coach  (after being a scout for Belichick's Browns).

All of this to say, other than the AFC championship game when the Steelers beat the Sanchez-led Jets, I can't remember an NFL game hangover like I felt after watching this Super Bowl. Part of it may have been my hatred for the Pats, but I can't help but shake this desire to see these Falcons win a championship. What happened last Sunday was unimaginable. I will be cheering for this team to get back there again next year, or the year after, or the year after. 

Some may say that I am just jumping on the bandwagon, but I want this team to win. And if so, so what? You would be right in saying that I wasn't there for the SF collapse or through the real dark ages post-Vick, but I will be cheering for these guys from here on out. I'm as new a fan as it can get and if I get slack for that, so be it. But I'll be on this bandwagon for a long enough time that eventually, I won't be just a bandwagoner anymore.

I felt the need to post this because I often see "true fans" questioning others and saying "they weren't there when ____ happened". Yes, that may be the case, but it's better late than never. I'll be representing these Falcons up here in Toronto from here on out.

From what I've read this year, this is an active, insightful board with great members. I'm excited to keep reading your posts and hope to contribute here and there.

Let's hope the momentum continues into next year and Sarkisian seamlessly transitions into the OC this year. Hopefully guys like Raheem Morris can help in this regard.

Glad to be on board. Rise Up!

Edited by T.O._Falcon

Sup everyone. 25 Years old. Been a falcons fan for my entire life (unfortunately) thanks to my Dad, who grew up in East Point, and who went to Falcons games when he was a kid in the 70s. I grew up in Greensboro, GA about an hour east of Atlanta, before moving to Alabama where I have lived for about 15 years. I have read the board off and on for years. I spend a lot of time on a GT sports forum since I am an avid Tech fan, but I love the falcons and look forward to joining in on the conversation here as well. I have to do something at work besides work occasionally.

RiversideFalcon likes this

Greetings from a Falcons fan from Riverside California.

I am sick and devastated by the Super Bowl loss.  Bad offensive call playing and an exhausted defense were our achilles heel and a fantastic Super Bowl worthy Patriots team too. 

If only we  can take back a fumble... 

If only we can take back a pair  of offensive flags... 

If only we can take back a sack... 

Excuses,  excuses this year was our year. Pfft!

Our position (Falcons fans) is unique in all American professional sports,  a burden we must shoulder in the annals of Super Bowl history. 

I pray it isn't our beloved team's legacy!

Hey guys, a little long winded story to introduce myself.

I've been following this board for several years now, just reading the comments and having a blast.  I grew up in NYC and am a life long NY Football Giant fan.  In my youth I played football across the avenue from Yankee Stadium where the Giants played. Yeah i'm that old!  But during that time one of my favorite NFL players was Tommy Nobis. Then in the late 70's my second team became the Atlanta Falcons.  Those were the Falcons of the Grits Blitz!  My favorite Falcons then were Claude Humphrey and Steve Bartkowski.  

In Oct. of 1984 my work brought me to Atlanta to live.  I arrived bringing with me my NYC > ATL attitude. After all, wasn't I born, raised and educated there.  A native New Yorker grows up just knowing NYC is the greatest city in the world and we are the greatest citizens on the planet. And we know all that without ever having traveled outside the confines of the city.  Well, it wasn't that long before I grew to appreciate the beautiful city of Atlanta and it's metro area for the things that make it a great place to live. I've since traveled to many places throughout the south, to the cities and small towns. And I've also traveled to  different parts of the world. I've learned to appreciate the uniqueness of each place I've traveled and what they all bring to earths table.

Atlanta is my home now. I've raised my family here. I still love the New York Football Giants but the Atlanta Falcons are also my team now. If they play each other I root for the Falcon's. The Giants have 4 SB Trophy's and I want the Falcons to get theirs!  I get ragged severely by my NY friends for that.  I have it thrown in my face that the Falcons are a "Choker" team. And this last SB was a affirmation of that for them and crushing to me.  But they must forget, i'm a Native New Yorker, I can take it!

Take heart Falcon fans we're close!  When I was growing up in NYC the Giants were frequent also rans, and at times the laughing stock of the league. Before this last SB meltdown the most devastating football moment for me was in a game that the Giants QB simply had to kneel down to preserve a victory against the hated Eagles, we hate Boston and Philly, instead there was confusion, the ball was snapped for a running play and the snap was fumbled.  It was picked up by Herman Edwards, who I couldn't stand at the time, and run back for a TD and an Eagles victory.  I watched the tube not believing what i'd just seen!  Just like with this SB. When Edwards scored I remember the Philly QB Ron Jaworski right there on the field, on TV, holding his nose and say "They stink!". Wow... the city was in an uproar!  It seemed that the Giants were the most inept football team in the NFL.  But some years later the Giants had the talent and the coaches (Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick) that made us SB Champions. I believe that with Coach Quinn and the talent the Falcons possess that a SB Championship is within our gasp. I know, we should have taken it this game and it's hard to get back there.  But some teams get back frequently.  Just look at New England.  To me the Falcons are building a team that can do it.  We can win it all and soon!