BankerBird™

The Official Welcome New A F M B Members Thread

875 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BourbonBird said:

Just joined up, though a longtime lurker. 2nd gen fan since I was a kid in the 90's.

Welcome aboard. Buckle up though because it's weird season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2016 at 9:07 PM, jdawg4876 said:

I dont know where else to post this so I will post this here. Im not one to usually ask for thoughts and prayers but a friend of mine that I played highschool football with is going through a rough time if you could add him to your prayer list it would be greatly appreciated. his name is carson bird he played cb for the airforce and was a coach after that. he is fighting cancer in his hips and lugs

 

here he is better times

here he is going through rehab after getting his leg amputated. docs say he is moving quicker than most who have had this surgery done

13508877_10209970161920846_8887464188002

 

 if you could that would be greatly appreciated

He's got my prayers, I only wish for his life to turn around and the good times come back around again.  

jdawg4876 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I was on these boards was the Reeves era as Birdland.  I remember Iowa Horse, Gazoo, Rev Hal, Cannon Ball's Ghost and Green Bay Goes Down.  I became a Falcons fan after reading an article in Campus Crusade for Christ in 1981 about Steve Bartkowski.  As a new Christian in the Spring of 1981 reading about his skill, faith and presence impressed me so much I became a team fan. This team has broken my heart more than an addict telling his wife for the millionth time he promises he'll get clean and sober; however, I truly believe TMQ , The Mighty Quinn, IS THE COACH who will bring this team a Lombardi trophy.  He's assembled the staff, has the QB, now O-line and an emerging D.  We need two more D linemen, preferably another fast DE and a DT like Rod Coleman to be complete.  I was born and raised in the Bay Area, CA (birthday 1/14/66).  Am a public school teacher working on an education specialist credential at Touro University, Mare Island. Have two BA's from CAL (1989), so Bartkowski has a special place in my heart.  I am a TEA PARTY conservative who gave up on liberalism in 1992 and the Republican Party unofficially in 2012.  Besides Falcon and CAL football, I like reading, isometrics, martial arts, spending time with my wife Stephanie and our two tuxedo cats Ella Fitzgerald II and Duke Ellington II (Ella and Duke).  I am involved in the Christian 12 Steps, Celebrate Recovery, due to addiction struggles.  This program has changed my life and marriage.  When I was on these boards last, I was strung out on pills, depressed, very angry and recovering from a minor traumatic brain injury from a serious car accident.  I really enjoy reading posts, even the fights. Peyton Manning's Forhead, Knight of God and Fatboi, you three give some excellent tactical insights.  I never played football; instead I was a band geek in marching band/jazz band/symphonic band, 2 years JV swimteam and have green belt in Kajukenbo.  I competed in martial arts forms while rehabbing from my car accident from 1998-2003.  Gazoo, glad to see you're still on boards plugging away encouragement and giving insights.  Let's kick some and hand out legal pain, Birdland.  PS:  I put Scott Case on my avatar because our D needs a role model.  Case always reminded me of a 1970s Raider or Steeler throwback, MOVING PROJECTILE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello falcons fans it's my first post ! I'm from PA and love my falcons * it's all eagles and Steelers junk here ! MATT RYAN IS FROM PA THOUGH THATS COOL !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Last time I was on these boards was the Reeves era as Birdland.  I remember Iowa Horse, Gazoo, Rev Hal, Cannon Ball's Ghost and Green Bay Goes Down.  I became a Falcons fan after reading an article in Campus Crusade for Christ in 1981 about Steve Bartkowski.  As a new Christian in the Spring of 1981 reading about his skill, faith and presence impressed me so much I became a team fan. This team has broken my heart more than an addict telling his wife for the millionth time he promises he'll get clean and sober; however, I truly believe TMQ , The Mighty Quinn, IS THE COACH who will bring this team a Lombardi trophy.  He's assembled the staff, has the QB, now O-line and an emerging D.  We need two more D linemen, preferably another fast DE and a DT like Rod Coleman to be complete.  I was born and raised in the Bay Area, CA (birthday 1/14/66).  Am a public school teacher working on an education specialist credential at Touro University, Mare Island. Have two BA's from CAL (1989), so Bartkowski has a special place in my heart.  I am a TEA PARTY conservative who gave up on liberalism in 1992 and the Republican Party unofficially in 2012.  Besides Falcon and CAL football, I like reading, isometrics, martial arts, spending time with my wife Stephanie and our two tuxedo cats Ella Fitzgerald II and Duke Ellington II (Ella and Duke).  I am involved in the Christian 12 Steps, Celebrate Recovery, due to addiction struggles.  This program has changed my life and marriage.  When I was on these boards last, I was strung out on pills, depressed, very angry and recovering from a minor traumatic brain injury from a serious car accident.  I really enjoy reading posts, even the fights. Peyton Manning's Forhead, Knight of God and Fatboi, you three give some excellent tactical insights.  I never played football; instead I was a band geek in marching band/jazz band/symphonic band, 2 years JV swimteam and have green belt in Kajukenbo.  I competed in martial arts forms while rehabbing from my car accident from 1998-2003.  Gazoo, glad to see you're still on boards plugging away encouragement and giving insights.  Let's kick some and hand out legal pain, Birdland.  PS:  I put Scott Case on my avatar because our D needs a role model.  Case always reminded me of a 1970s Raider or Steeler throwback, MOVING PROJECTILE.

Well ****..........:o

 

Welcome back on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally decided to join these boards Falcon fan since early 80's. 

Anyone heading to the Philly game? Traveling down from CT to the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atticus67 said:

Finally decided to join these boards Falcon fan since early 80's. 

Anyone heading to the Philly game? Traveling down from CT to the game

When you get to South Philly go to the Penrose Diner. Tell Elisa the Georgia boy sent you. And tell Billy the Patriots suck!

Atticus67 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2013 at 2:17 PM, BankerBird™ said:

Not sure if we've ever had a thread to welcome new members to the boards, so I thought I'd start one before the season starts. If you're new to the AFMBs, let us know so we can officially welcome you to the best and most over-reactive fan boards in the entire NFL. tongue.png

HI BB! I have been locked out of my Stoic account, can you help?

 

Thanks!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting times... I'm glad I found this forum.  I've been lurking the last few weeks and have enjoyed seeing so many people as passionate as I am about our team.  I have been following the falcons since the early 80s here and there.  I took a real hard look back in the Deion Sanders days then in 98 I was put on notice and kept a close eye on them.  By the time Michael Vick showed up I was hooked.  To be honest, I missed the train wreck and the aftermath as well as the early days of Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. 

I was deployed in 2006 and at the end of 2007 I took a job in the Army that required me to basically work 12-15 hours a day for two weeks... get four days off, rinse and repeat.  It was like this until 2010, so there was no time for football.  Unfortunately for me, I moved and had to deploy again... however I was home by mid the season of the 2012 season and have not missed a game since.  

I was sad when Mike Smith was fired.  He brought consistency and respect to our team we never had prior to his tenor.  No coach, not even Dan Reeves was able to achieve that.  However I understood it was his time to go.  I am grateful AB took a chance and gave Dan Quinn the opportunity because today we have something special building in Flowery Branch.  We know it and the opposition knows it, soon the media and the rest of the football world will know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, james b said:

Exciting times... I'm glad I found this forum.  I've been lurking the last few weeks and have enjoyed seeing so many people as passionate as I am about our team.  I have been following the falcons since the early 80s here and there.  I took a real hard look back in the Deion Sanders days then in 98 I was put on notice and kept a close eye on them.  By the time Michael Vick showed up I was hooked.  To be honest, I missed the train wreck and the aftermath as well as the early days of Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. 

I was deployed in 2006 and at the end of 2007 I took a job in the Army that required me to basically work 12-15 hours a day for two weeks... get four days off, rinse and repeat.  It was like this until 2010, so there was no time for football.  Unfortunately for me, I moved and had to deploy again... however I was home by mid the season of the 2012 season and have not missed a game since.  

I was sad when Mike Smith was fired.  He brought consistency and respect to our team we never had prior to his tenor.  No coach, not even Dan Reeves was able to achieve that.  However I understood it was his time to go.  I am grateful AB took a chance and gave Dan Quinn the opportunity because today we have something special building in Flowery Branch.  We know it and the opposition knows it, soon the media and the rest of the football world will know it.

Thank you for your service and welcome!

james b and SkerFalcon8710 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now