Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BankerBird™

The Official Welcome New A F M B Members Thread

797 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2016 at 0:08 PM, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

very happy to be here. i just joined last year

I've been a member since 1969 apparently.

12 hours ago, Tuggle'2 said:

I've been a member since 1969 apparently.

That's one thing I still don't get.  I don't think you're the only one either. 

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Pip76 said:

Im Phil from England and have started to take some interest in NFL - however you need to support a team to enjoy the roller-coaster ride!

After reading the book : War Room by Michael Holley - I enjoyed the parts about Thomas Dimitroff and his move for Julio Jones in draft so I have decided to support the Falcons (from affair) Any book recommendations would be greatly received. So hello from the other side of the pond! 

That's kinda interesting to me. That single decision has been arguably the most controversial move this franchise has made in a very long time.  Even as far back as the turn of the century. 

4 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Yeah, there are a few that I have noticed.  Always makes me laugh ... I was a member 10 years before I was born beaches!

50 minutes ago, Tuggle'2 said:

Yeah, there are a few that I have noticed.  Always makes me laugh ... I was a member 10 years before I was born beaches!

That's a real fan right there!  Been a fan since existing as nothing more than pure essence and not yet fabricated reproductive tissu..... yea I'm gonna stop now...

11 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Serious answer...it's because Unix time, which computers use, starts at midnight on Dec 31, 1969.  If there is an invalid timestamp, the date shown will either be Dec 31, 1969 or Jan 1, 1970.  I think it is happening for people who have been here long enough that the newer software doesn't know their joined date.

Super interesting, I know, but in case anyone was curious.

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

8 hours ago, Tuggle'2 said:

Actually that really is kinda interesting.  I guess I couldn't have asked for a better answer.:lol:

Hi Atlanta Fans, 

I am a visiting Colts fan, just checking in to see how your 1st Round pick Keanu Neal is doing so far.  When we did our Colts board Mock draft I played the Colts and picked Neal (one pick after Atlanta ironically) and got an incredible amount of abuse from everyone saying it was the dumbest pick ever and that no one would ever pick Neal that high blah blah blah.   The Colts desperately needed Safety help and I researched all of them and thought Neal would be a STEAL at that pick.  I kept receiving hate mail, even from the moderators there sadly, who all wanted me to know how stupid I was.  Then the REAL draft happened and you guys (with your EXPERT DEFENSIVE head coach chose Keanu one pick higher than I did.  To be fair, outside of one moderator, the others had an official "Eating Crow" session to apologize that obviously I had accurately seen his value.   Though we couldn't have drafted him in the end, I'll never know if the Colts coaches would have taken Neal, but I look forward to watching him prove me right going forward and I think you guys got a MONSTER player.   We ended up with Ryan Kelly, C out of Alabama which I had posted that I was down to along with Neal, so all is not lost as he's also looking very good.  

Good luck with your season!  Go Neal, Go Colts and thanks to the Falcons for stopping Carolina from going undefeated.  We lost to them in overtime as the only team ever in NFL history to score first in overtime, get tied and then lose.  Ack! 

Tim Mazetti likes this

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Hi Atlanta Fans, 

I am a visiting Colts fan, just checking in to see how your 1st Round pick Keanu Neal is doing so far.  When we did our Colts board Mock draft I played the Colts and picked Neal (one pick after Atlanta ironically) and got an incredible amount of abuse from everyone saying it was the dumbest pick ever and that no one would ever pick Neal that high blah blah blah.   The Colts desperately needed Safety help and I researched all of them and thought Neal would be a STEAL at that pick.  I kept receiving hate mail, even from the moderators there sadly, who all wanted me to know how stupid I was.  Then the REAL draft happened and you guys (with your EXPERT DEFENSIVE head coach chose Keanu one pick higher than I did.  To be fair, outside of one moderator, the others had an official "Eating Crow" session to apologize that obviously I had accurately seen his value.   Though we couldn't have drafted him in the end, I'll never know if the Colts coaches would have taken Neal, but I look forward to watching him prove me right going forward and I think you guys got a MONSTER player.   We ended up with Ryan Kelly, C out of Alabama which I had posted that I was down to along with Neal, so all is not lost as he's also looking very good.  

Good luck with your season!  Go Neal, Go Colts and thanks to the Falcons for stopping Carolina from going undefeated.  We lost to them in overtime as the only team ever in NFL history to score first in overtime, get tied and then lose.  Ack! 

I'm JP around these parts fool.                                               

Neal is doing fantastic from all the reports we're getting from camp. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick at the time but I'm really coming around after hearing the praise he's getting.

PK Manley likes this

14 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I'm JP around these parts fool.                                               

Neal is doing fantastic from all the reports we're getting from camp. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick at the time but I'm really coming around after hearing the praise he's getting.

I think the problem is most all of the rating sites had him at a second round or lower pick.  He seemed like a Cam Chancellor type with better coverage skills.  I thought he could excel in any safety scenario he was asked to do with that skill set.  No one ever really knows until they get in live games but there was just something about the guy that I thought flagged him as a potential game changer.  Of course he could bust like any other draft choice on any team.  I hope he doesn't.  

PS: The JP in my case stands for Just Plain Folks... it's a trademark I own for my work.  Good luck this season and thanks for responding.  

Tim Mazetti likes this

I dont know where else to post this so I will post this here. Im not one to usually ask for thoughts and prayers but a friend of mine that I played highschool football with is going through a rough time if you could add him to your prayer list it would be greatly appreciated. his name is carson bird he played cb for the airforce and was a coach after that. he is fighting cancer in his hips and lugs

here he is better times

here he is going through rehab after getting his leg amputated. docs say he is moving quicker than most who have had this surgery done

13508877_10209970161920846_8887464188002

if you could that would be greatly appreciated

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

I dont know where else to post this so I will post this here. Im not one to usually ask for thoughts and prayers but a friend of mine that I played highschool football with is going through a rough time if you could add him to your prayer list it would be greatly appreciated. his name is carson bird he played cb for the airforce and was a coach after that. he is fighting cancer in his hips and lugs

here he is better times

here he is going through rehab after getting his leg amputated. docs say he is moving quicker than most who have had this surgery done

Make a thread on it man. I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Make a thread on it man. I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind.

to be honest i wasnt sure that I should post it at all but he is a good dude,  but he is a private guy. his fiancee runs his fb page basically now; bc I dont think he likes all the attention from this. Just any support would be great he has an uphill battle

Jpowers likes this

1 hour ago, BourbonBird said:

Just joined up, though a longtime lurker. 2nd gen fan since I was a kid in the 90's.

Welcome aboard. Buckle up though because it's weird season.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:07 PM, jdawg4876 said:

here he is better times

He's got my prayers, I only wish for his life to turn around and the good times come back around again.  

jdawg4876 likes this