Idk.....clabo And Svitek

falconcrest58

I liked Svitek but people really need to calm down. He was a solid backup tackle. Is he better than Holmes (a guy who probably wasn't starting this season if not for an injury) is TODAY? Probably. Will he be 4 weeks into the season and beyond? I don't know that. None of you people with all this foresight that TD allegedly doesn't have would have predicted Sam Baker being our best O linemen last year so seriously just calm down and stop with "TD is stupid b/c..." talk. RT is a question mark but I actually think the line will be better with Konz taking over at Center.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reasonable point. However, during Clabo's tenure we had a shot with his level of production. Even if Clabo is struggling now, which I wont saythat he is. It could be due to learning a new system. We know that when he was here, we could envision a Super Bowl run without his spot being a matter of concern.

Do you think we can navigate the postseason with Holmes? Do you have questions about Holmes? If you do, then it would seem your argument is in peril.

This team is in pursuit of a super bowl. The window is closing. Why make the offensive line so much as a distraction?

Reasonable?

I have questions about Holmes, just like I had questions about Clabo.

It's hard to make a full assessment in pre-season because we're running vanilla sets and not exactly trying to counter the opponent. In real game scenarios, you would have seen a bunch of screens to counter all that blitzing. The Titans would have been burned several times and the O-line wouldn't have looked as bad.

Are you seriously suggesting Clabo is the difference between us winning a Super Bowl or not

No. I am not suggesting that. But since you brought it up, let me suggest this.

1) This conversation may be a little over your head.

2) Stand down when you see grown folk talking.

I have questions about Holmes, just like I had questions about Clabo.

It's hard to make a full assessment in pre-season because we're running vanilla sets and not exactly trying to counter the opponent. In real game scenarios, you would have seen a bunch of screens to counter all that blitzing. The Titans would have been burned several times and the O-line wouldn't have looked as bad.

Come on bro. Don't do that.

You can't say you have questions about Holmes "JUST LIKE I HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT CLABO".

That's a little dishonest. You can group Clabo with Holmes like that.

No. I am not suggesting that. But since you brought it up, let me suggest this.

1) This conversation may be a little over your head.

2) Stand down when you see grown folk talking.

You can't say you have questions about Holmes "JUST LIKE I HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT CLABO".

Players and teams can get better throughout the season and with more game experience so we honestly dont know if Clabo at the time of the postseason would be better than Holmes.

I have reservations about Holmes but I had the same about Baker and other players in prior years so it doesn't mean much.

IMO, Clabo really tailed off. In fact, a lot of ppl were calling for Holmes. So yes, questions about both.

Like I said, Holmes has a higher upside and I think he could be better than Clabo by season's end. Hopefully, he doesn't get Matt Ryan killed before then!

Clabo wasnt good in pass protection last season. hardy completely annhilated him last season. So I think he was decent. Was he better than holmes? probably. Was he worth what we were going to pay him? not really. He was getting old, and was getting slow. Svitek did not get on anywhere else somehow, so you can't really question that move.

I think Holmes could be a gem in disguise.

Players and teams can get better throughout the season and with more game experience so we honestly dont know if Clabo at the time of the postseason would be better than Holmes.

I have reservations about Holmes but I had the same about Baker and other players in prior years so it doesn't mean much.

Whats happenin ATL... The issue is how you feel about Holmes compared to how you felt about Clabo before he left. Of course you will have questions about somebody ealry on. The point being, we are on a super bowl run. That window may be closing. Why create a question mark at right tackle when you do not have too.

IMO, Clabo really tailed off. In fact, a lot of ppl were calling for Holmes. So yes, questions about both.

Like I said, Holmes has a higher upside and I think he could be better than Clabo by season's end. Hopefully, he doesn't get Matt Ryan killed before then!

I just don't see it Diesel. If you are telling me you were equally concerned about Clabo last season as you are about Holmes now. I just don't buy it bro.

Clabo wasnt good in pass protection last season. hardy completely annhilated him last season. So I think he was decent. Was he better than holmes? probably. Was he worth what we were going to pay him? not really. He was getting old, and was getting slow. Svitek did not get on anywhere else somehow, so you can't really question that move.

I think Holmes could be a gem in disguise.

That's cool bro. But don't think you should do a better job of defending Holmes on some of these threads? I haven't seen many references to Holmes being a gem lately.

Clabo was great in pass protection but then he'd get called for a hold after each "good" play.

How many holding calls did Clabo have compared to the league average?

Clabo was great in pass protection but then he'd get called for a hold after each "good" play.

Clabo was rated the 5th best rt tackle in the league by PFF. Only gave up 5 sacks in over 1000 snaps. Only 4 penalties in 16 starts.

So... HONESTY?

We really need to do a better job of being a more appreciative fan base folks.

I just wished they had put more competition at RG this offseason. Signing Reynold to a two year deal doesn't seem that they have much faith in Reynolds for the future. Maybe Reynolds will work out and our line will be together for the next two or three years and we won't have to worry about continuity.

IMO Clabo wasn't worth the 5.5 mil a season... BUT was he better than Lamar Holmes? probably

And yes, it would have been nice to have Svitek.

I will go ahead and trust TD though, as he was completely right about Sam Baker.

Didn't Svitek leave with a waived injury settlement or something?

That's cool bro. But don't think you should do a better job of defending Holmes on some of these threads? I haven't seen many references to Holmes being a gem lately.

How many holding calls did Clabo have compared to the league average?

I don't need to defend his honor. This isn't 8th grade, lol.

Ol take time to develop, I think he'll be good by the 8th game of the season.

I don't need to defend his honor. This isn't 8th grade, lol.

Ol take time to develop, I think he'll be good by the 8th game of the season.

Defend his "honor"? I didn't know HE was your sister.

But? Hey... I can see your point about taking time to develop. Makes good sense.

How about this counterpoint though?

Do you want to have to give your right tackle 8 games to develop while you're in the midst of a Super Bowl run? They don't come every day ya know.

That sound reasonable?