5 Years No Offense Of Line

Ok then how should have addresses the lines?

Bring in a high prices free agent like Ray Edwards?

Spend a first round pick like Jerry & Baker? Maybe draft the highest rated center in the draft?

Oh that's right we did all of that and yet here we are.

There are no guarantees that had we not traded for Julio any of those picks would have turned out better.

Of couse it's always easier to b!tch and complain.

And it's sooo easy to look back and we should have drafted this guy or that guy

While your at it lets ***** about how we didn't draft Richard Sherman, Revis, Atkins, Brady, Ed Reed, etc...

You say that in a convincing way but something one can argue about it is that it proves subpar scouting under his regime. I think the best scouts don't just hit the homeruns, they get on base with the others as well. Strong intimidating players are needed on the lines, and yes, we've passed up on quite a few over the years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am on board with that... bring him on down to the Branch... if he survives and makes the cut he is on the team.

He can only fill one spot, don't want the rest of the line losing what little confidence they have left by getting upstaged.

And didn't say it would be better, just not worse.

You know what guys, its not even draft picks, there were plenty of FA defensive and offensive linemen out there that would of helped this team tremendously. We realistically only needed three new faces on the defensive line and two new faces on the offensive line. I am not even talking about the high priced FA's. I am talking about guys who bring some toughness and physicality to the team.

I do feel as if teams with great offensive lines an good QBs make mediocre skill players better because they have time and space to get open and gain yards.

Tom Brady consistently makes no names into stars meanwhile we have stars that cant get open deep because our QB is chased out of the pocket in less than two seconds.

Im happy we have JJ, TG, RW, SJax, etc but imagine how great we could really be if Matt had time to read more than one or two options and set his feet

You say that in a convincing way but something one can argue about it is that it proves subpar scouting under his regime. I think the best scouts don't just hit the homeruns, they get on base with the others as well. Strong intimidating players are needed on the lines, and yes, we've passed up on quite a few over the years.

"Strong intimidating players?"

Have you seen the size of the guys we have on the oline? It's probably collectively the biggest oline we've ever had.

The problem against the Titans wasn't strength or intimidation. It was communication and technique.

We had problems with stunts... And you can bet we're going to be seeing them again and again until we show we can stop it.

could someone please give me the reason why a highly regarded general manager in the past 5 years as yet built a good office of line around his star player

Can we actually play at least a couple of actual games, before all the doom and gloom? For all any of us know the first team unit could gel after a couple of games and become excellent...then the same bit chy folks will be calling TD a genius for finding hidden gems

Just give it a rest until after a couple of games that count!

people here will always complain about the offensive line on this board. They did last year (dispite the good line play) and they have every year before that. Our line is alright, we have Sam Baker, Justin Blaylock, both solid players. I think our line will be alright this year, I'm not to worried and I am not worried over one small pre season game. What I am more scared of is if one of the crazy fans on here (that thinks its important that we win a pre season game) all of a sudden becomes our GM. Our GM, coach and everything is great, some of you just take the term "game by game basis" a little over board

Blanks is a marketing guy. Not a football guy.

All the money goes to guys most likely to be photographed.

In football, thats the guys that have the football in their hands.

Thats: the QB, WR, RB, and a receiving TE..

Follow the money folks.

And guees what? It works! From a marketing standpoint, that is. Face the facts. We are bombarded with images of various guys basking in the glory with the ball in their hands. So much so that, at the end of the day, we lose sight of the FACT that we have not achieved much more than the: panthers, bucs, lions... Meanwhile so many teams like Seattle have gained ground and surpassed us.

This team is considered great for the worst reason possible. Brace yourself...

BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS!

If Blanks was a football guy he would know that this team would be much better with: Clabo, Abe, and Osi. With TG giving commentary in the booth.

Oh but nooooooo. Blanks knows what sells. TG is a better marketing tool (Kuz God knows he aint outran nobody in years). He kept TG over what would obviously have been a better TEAM. Clabo and Abe had to kiss a**. Osi has to manage on his own.

He sold us out. Too many of us fall for it.

Good post. Too much money and draft picks invested into the skill positions and we overpaid the most important skill position in the NFL. Quarterback.

You know what guys, its not even draft picks, there were plenty of FA defensive and offensive linemen out there that would of helped this team tremendously. We realistically only needed three new faces on the defensive line and two new faces on the offensive line. I am not even talking about the high priced FA's. I am talking about guys who bring some toughness and physicality to the team.

Who? Lol

"Who" is always the tough question to the moaners.

I need details. I dont mind people finding faults, but at least have an alternative.

Being in business, I hate complainers who offer no alternate solution.

Who?

At what cost?

Who would we sacrifice?

What would our cap look like?

How will our cap look in the future?

How long until we have to find a replacement?

What offensive or defensive changes, if any, would we have to make for said players?

We are soft. Both lines.That permeates our whole team. Willy Mo is THE ONLY intimidating player on our entire D.

Steven Jackson is the ONLY player on O.

I would agree with intimidation factor. Although I would add Julio to the intimidating list.

I dont think you need to be intimidating to win a Super Bowl though.

Well that is a good point about being more focused on the flashier position rather than the trenches. Or could it just be we lack the scouting department to find the right lineman?

I don't really know what it is, but I do know teams don't win the Lombardi with average/mediocre lines, and so far that appears to be what we have again this year. Hopefully, I am wrong as usual.

It's still very early though, so I will keep my optimism high.

could someone please give me the reason why a highly regarded general manager in the past 5 years as yet built a good office of line around his star player

Great question...why don't you think MS has done his best with those players. Yet, MS is going 13-3 in 2 seasons with those players under 2

different coordinators and O-line coaches. Who is puttin in work(MS) and whose playing fantasy football(TD).

Follow the money folks.

And guees what? It works! From a marketing standpoint, that is. Face the facts. We are bombarded with images of various guys basking in the glory with the ball in their hands. So much so that, at the end of the day, we lose sight of the FACT that we have not achieved much more than the: panthers, bucs, lions... Meanwhile so many teams like Seattle have gained ground and surpassed us.

If Blanks was a football guy he would know that this team would be much better with: Clabo, Abe, and Osi. With TG giving commentary in the booth.

Oh but nooooooo. Blanks knows what sells. TG is a better marketing tool (Kuz God knows he aint outran nobody in years). He kept TG over what would obviously have been a better TEAM. Clabo and Abe had to kiss a**. Osi has to manage on his own.

*Blank

Actually the way the game has changed, there's less emphasis on having the best O-line and more emphasis on having skill position players. Look at the packers for instance. Terrible O-line. Great QB, great defense. Having a great QB and great defense is now a winning formula. We actually nearly went all the way to the SB last season, so most of yall are being unreasonable fans.

But carry on.

Again...lol at you who believe TD and Smith don't know something about a game they have been a part of all their lives and been very successful at it...lol.

It's a shame some of you are on a blog typing about professionals who don't know anything instead of coaching and drawing up plays going 18-0 year after year with the best players at every position. What do GM's everywhere not see in you...wait they simply don't know how to evaluate talent when they see it.

*Blank

Actually the way the game has changed, there's less emphasis on having the best O-line and more emphasis on having skill position players. Look at the packers for instance. Terrible O-line. Great QB, great defense. Having a great QB and great defense is now a winning formula. We actually nearly went all the way to the SB last season, so most of yall are being unreasonable fans.

But carry on.

Then where are you on these Ryan v. Flacco threads bro.

You just defied gravity.

Follow the money folks.

How exactly has Seattle surpassed us? Did they win multiple superbowls when I wasn't looking? Not much more than the bucs panties and lions seriously? When we have more playoff appearances than the 3 combined in the last 5 years foh? What other previous bottom dwelling inconsistent team has surpassed us? What is the basis on which you are basing this theory on? How do you measure success oh it must be hype because it sure isn't based on winning football games