Think Roddy should have the chance to retire a Falcon, don't know if he'll take it. Falcons may let him hit FA and see what the market is for him.

May depend on if Davis/Cone/draftee 2104 steps up.

They could also extend him next off season, make him a Falcon for life and free up cap space for Julio's extension.

May also be that Roddy hits the wall for his career in 2014- wouldn't be the first player to just lose it over a a year.

Mark my words: Roddy will undoubtedly retire a Falcon. He has been a staple in this organization. He's been consistent and had no off-field issue. He talks a lot (which I like), but performs on Game Day.

The better question is, why would we let him go?!?! Money? No. Letting Roddy go would severely weaken this team. We are FAR more dangerous when he's playing. And to add to that, not many receivers can do what Roddy does, day in and day out. If they can do what he does, then the team certainly isn't going to be letting them go.

God, I hope not. CJ didn't even deserve that much money and he's the best. No receiver is worth that.

I hope not either, but since CJ set the market at that other players will likely follow suit, case in point a top 15 WR like Mike Wallace taking a 76 mill total deal with what 30 mill guaranteed ?

Anything more than 6-7$ Mil per year and they're going to allow him to walk IMO. Even if Roddy is great you can't give an aging receiver big money and Dimitroff knows that.

Agree, and Julio will be getting something like $12-14 per year and I think Roddy will want close to that. He likely won't get it from another team either, but he's the kind of guy that could get upset

Agree, and Julio will be getting something like $12-14 per year and I think Roddy will want close to that. He likely won't get it from another team either, but he's the kind of guy that could get upset

I doubt roddy would want close to what julio will make. Roddy already got a big payday but he will want to be paid FAIRLY.

You people are crazy if you think roddy is going anywhere

I doubt roddy would want close to what julio will make. Roddy already got a big payday but he will want to be paid FAIRLY.

You people are crazy if you think roddy is going anywhere

I could see a Curlis Lofton type situation. He is offered lower than he wants, gets mad, feels out the market and still doesn't get what he wants, goes to another team out of spite

I could see a Curlis Lofton type situation. He is offered lower than he wants, gets mad, feels out the market and still doesn't get what he wants, goes to another team out of spite

Or, in Roddy's case, get a lot more from another team than the Falcons are willing to pay.

Would hate to see that, and don't expect it, but could happen.

For some reason I have a weird feeling that Roddy is going to try and play hardball with the Falcons on his next deal. It's just a feeling I have; nothing quantifiable to back it up. But, by the time White's contract is up he'll be closing in on 33 years old, and it's at that stage of a player's career that agents like to get involved (too involved if you ask me.) If Roddy truly wants to end his career as a Falcon, then, I'd like to see him be proactive and say so directly (not through his agent) to Mr. Blank and Mr. Dimitroff and do the right thing and not demand more than a 33-year old receiver is worth. Because I'd hate to see Roddy go somewhere else, especially over money.

Roddy has been one of my favorite players since he first walked on to the field at Flowery Branch. Having said that I remember he held out on his rookie contract too. I think Roddy's a nice guy who says dumb things. We'll see how big the ego is. Right now, who cares though.

Roddy has been one of my favorite players since he first walked on to the field at Flowery Branch. Having said that I remember he held out on his rookie contract too. I think Roddy's a nice guy who says dumb things. We'll see how big the ego is. Right now, who cares though.

Good point about Roddy holding out, Phatty. I'd forgotten about that.