Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

College Football Thread (Pf Style)

128 posts in this topic

well we are talking about a fanbase that will claim a national title if anyone says "roll tide"

got a good point. If Saban leaves, that program goes right back down hill

Is Miami trying to get an on-campus stadium?

heard rumors about it. But we can't afford it. We would have to pay and the city of Florida would have to pay most of it. If we did build it the student fees would go up. Us being a private school and only having 10,000 undergrads hurt our chances of ever having an on campus stadium. Sun Life Stadium is like a 30 minute drive from campus. And a lot of students don't have cars.

Alabama didn't get back on the map until Saban came. Don't try to act like they have been winning every single year of their existence

they have won more than every other team in the country. That is good enough for me

they have won more than every other team in the country. That is good enough for me

I don't know Princeton claims 28 national titles. I think Bama claims 14 or 16

Bama might win the most titles but the 2001 Miami Hurricanes are the GOAT team. We had Kellen Winslow Willis McGahee Frank Gore Sean Taylor all playing on special teams. Not one of them started that year. And they all were All Americans the next year except Frank. 16 First Round draft picks on that team

Bama might win the most titles but the 2001 Miami Hurricanes are the GOAT team. We had Kellen Winslow Willis McGahee Frank Gore Sean Taylor all playing on special teams. Not one of them started that year. And they all were All Americans the next year except Frank. 16 First Round draft picks on that team

With Ken Dorsey as the starting QB. Just more proof that just because your great in college doesn't mean you'll be great in the NFL. But that Canes team was the best I ever saw.

With Ken Dorsey as the starting QB. Just more proof that just because your great in college doesn't mean you'll be great in the NFL. But that Canes team was the best I ever saw.

you right. Ken was a great college QB. So was Matt Leinert. But I think Matt problem was he liked being a celebrity more than a football player

you right. Ken was a great college QB. So was Matt Leinert. But I think Matt problem was he liked being a celebrity more than a football player

Don't forget about David green and Jason white

hey, you guys succeed in college our guys succeed in the nfl

Don't forget about David green and Jason white

David Greene yes but I never thought Jason White was all that good. I also never thought Matt Leinart was all that good either.

true but that freaking option was deadly with him.

Yep. His athletic ability was one of the reasons the Rams drafted him and wanted him to play WR but Crouch acted like a baby about it and quit football.

David Greene yes but I never thought Jason White was all that good. I also never thought Matt Leinart was all that good either.

I only mention white because he won the heisman

Yep. His athletic ability was one of the reasons the Rams drafted him and wanted him to play WR but Crouch acted like a baby about it and quit football.

did you see one of the hits he took that made him say screw it. Trust me, you would have acted like a baby to lol

I only mention white because he won the heisman

Yeah but he shouldn't have.

did you see one of the hits he took that made him say screw it. Trust me, you would have acted like a baby to lol

I guarantee you I would have acted like a baby. LOL.

yeah that was crazy. He should have tried it. He was never going to make it as a QB

Leinart could have been a product of the talent around him. But he let it up the year he won the Heisman

oh I thought he just quit and didn't try it.

Leinart could have been a product of the talent around him. But he let it up the year he won the Heisman

Leinart never had enough arm strength to make it in the NFL. Also as was said earlier he was more focused on parting then on making himself better on the field.