Top Five Special Interest Groups Lobbying To Keep Marijuana Illegal

If you want to legalize even Marijuana, you have to be able to overcome this hurdle. Marijuana has clinically been shown to have serious negative effects. Persistent adolescent use and long term use have been shown to have serious negative effects. John Q Public does not support the widespread legalization of drugs. Generally people support controlling substance possession.

then make it like alcohol. Make it where you have to be a certain age to smoke. Beef has been known to cause high cholesterol which will lead to heartattacks. Had a cheeseburger lately?

then make it like alcohol. Make it where you have to be a certain age to smoke. Beef has been known to cause high cholesterol which will lead to heartattacks. Had a cheeseburger lately?

lol. Marijuana has been shown to cause reduced IQ and memory. Beef is an excellent source of protein. It may be the best source. What vital health role does cannabis fill? I am on your side. Non sequeters arent going to help you convice me that marijuana should be legal. I already support legalized marijuana. Edited by Flip Flop

lol. Marijuana has been shown to cause reduced IQ and memory. Beef is an excellent source of protein. It may be the best source. What vital health role does cannabis fill?

ask that to people with chrones disease, several forms of cancer, etc. You said you are for legalization and then keep arguing why it shouldn't be legal

ask that to people with chrones disease, several forms of cancer, etc. You said you are for legalization and then keep arguing why it shouldn't be legal

I am not arguing that it shouldnt be legal. Im evaluating the reasons for which people will refuse to legalize. They are real and powerful reasons. Saying beef causes high cholesterol is not going to convice people that marijuana should be legal.

Medical marijuana and legalized drugs to stop the drug war are very different.

im all for the war on drugs being ended. Even though some drugs are way worse than others it should be each persons option what they put in their bodies. I don't care if its a joint or a crackrock. And as far as drugs I use. At this moment im not using any drugs. I haven't smoked weed for about 6 months. Not because im against it but because right now I have a lot going on and need to remain focused.

There are some drugs that are extremely dangerous and using them represents a legitimate harm to society. Meth is a good example. PCP is another. Bath salts is yet another.

Nobody has ever smoked marijuana and eaten another person's face off. People have done that after taking bath salts.

The truly dangerous drugs should be banned.

If you want to legalize even Marijuana, you have to be able to overcome this hurdle. Marijuana has clinically been shown to have serious negative effects. Persistent adolescent use and long term use have been shown to have serious negative effects. John Q Public does not support the widespread legalization of drugs. Generally people support controlling substance possession.

All of the same arguments can be made against cigarettes and alcohol. What makes marijuana so bad that people should go to jail, lose their careers, and otherwise have their lives destroyed for smoking it?

There are some drugs that are extremely dangerous and using them represents a legitimate harm to society. Meth is a good example. PCP is another. Bath salts is yet another.

Nobody has ever smoked marijuana and eaten another person's face off. People have done that after taking bath salts.

The truly dangerous drugs should be banned.

I agree. I tend toward complete legalization, but some drugs are too volatile to be considered only harmful to the user.

I'm in favor of legalization, it's a waste of time to prosecute. Sure, there are negative effects but it's up to people to suffer them or not. All it really does is just give people police records for nothing...................I used to have a friend who was very annoying and a pot head, who was obsessed with getting me to smoke. I would have enjoyed watching him get arrested for it, but that doesn't mean it's worth law enforcement's time.

I am not arguing that it shouldnt be legal. Im evaluating the reasons for which people will refuse to legalize. They are real and powerful reasons. Saying beef causes high cholesterol is not going to convice people that marijuana should be legal.

Medical marijuana and legalized drugs to stop the drug war are very different.

Actually, people cite the health dangers because they do not have any real and legitimate reasons. Most of the opposition to legalization is from old people who are stuck in the "it's immoral and hippies stink and we like our traditions" mentality. I've not heard a legitimate reason to ban marijuana that doesn't also argue for the ban of cigarettes, alcohol, and most of the common medications like morphine that doctors prescribe.

All of the same arguments can be made against cigarettes and alcohol. What makes marijuana so bad that people should go to jail, lose their careers, and otherwise have their lives destroyed for smoking it?

Im on your side. You cant overdose on cannabis, it doesnt cause violent behaviour, the impairment is fairly mild. It should be legal. It is dumb to smoke weed regularly, but it is dumb to smoke cigarettes or dring alcohol regularly. The purpose of the law should not be to stop people from being dumb. But, I am not the majority of voters. I am typically outnumbered by people who think that the law should regulate my behavior beyond preventing me from harming others. Edited by Flip Flop

Research has shown that persistent use of cannabis in adolescence can cause harm to intelligence and memory.

Just about **** near everything hurts the development of a child..No large scale of people are going to let their kids touch weed until their like 15 and by then their probably so screwed up from TV, Soda, Stress, Pills, and everything else that the damage is likely minimal

Im on your side. You cant overdose on cannabis, it doesnt cause violent behaviour, the impairment is fairly mild. It should be legal. It is dumb to smoke weed regularly, but it is dumb to smoke cigarettes or dring alcohol regularly. The purpose of the law should not be to stop people from being dumb.

Okay. Sounds like we're in agreement. That doesn't happen very often! cool.png

Just about **** near everything hurts the development of a child..No large scale of people are going to let their kids touch weed until their like 15 and by then their probably so screwed up from TV, Soda, Stress, Pills, and everything else that the damage is likely minimal

TV, soda, stress, dont cause permanently reduced IQ and recall. While I do support the legalization of marijuana, I do think that it should be prohibited for people under the age of 18. I read a study that showed that the worst effects of marijuana are severe when used in adolescence.