• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess we all whiffed on this one.

Not me. Pull up the posts.

Vel swore to me he'd be a day one starter. He got cross trained to the RG merrygoround in year one and failed. Failed at center in his second year.

I was happy we drafted a center but when I saw him in camp I was like, NO. Vel you were wrong bro. Dude is at least two or three years away.

I'm really disappointed in Konz, I thought it was a great pick when it was made.

But we should have known with an 18 bench press he only had the strength of a 13 year old girl.

His shoulder got hurt during the season, Konz was not up to speed at the combine. He did better on the press at his pro day.

Not defending Konz, just reporting the facts.

Not me. Pull up the posts.

Vel swore to me he'd be a day one starter. He got cross trained to the RG merrygoround in year one and failed. Failed at center in his second year.

I was happy we drafted a center but when I saw him in camp I was like, NO. Vel you were wrong bro. Dude is at least two or three years away.

I wasn't happy with the pick at all because I felt like Hawley had the goods. I honestly think Hawley should have started last year and this whole season but it is what it is. People are so jaded on the o-line issues that a good portion of this board can't see good play or discount it based on other things that has nothing to do with performance...

I'm extremely high on Konz. I think he'll be a huge upgrade over Mudduck once he gets control of his line. He's talented physically, if he gets the mental aspect down he'll be a great player for us for years to come. I'm extremely excited to see him develop.

Look everyone is entitled to their opinions on this board, but Konz is garbage at the two positions we've played him (RG and Center) this year. Dude is fat and has no strength. I've seen him get pushed back on his azz a number of times this year. How can you come outta college not knowing the basics of blocking is leverage? He stands too high, doesn't know how to use his feet or get under the defender's pads. The Falcons need to fire a number of their scouts.