Brady is doing just fine with his Wrs now like I also stated . He doesn't need Julio be is working with trash compared to what Ryan has

Im at 70 % right on things 30 % wrong

not to shabby

Im not saying Bradys WRs arent trash cause theyre young and we dont know,

But its weird how if Brady and Manning get an unkown WR they are trash and they have to make them better.

But if Brees and others like eli get an unknown WR that wr is a beast and the QB gets no credit.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady is doing just fine with his Wrs now like I also stated . He doesn't need Julio be is working with trash compared to what Ryan has

not to shabby

I have yet to see you be "right" on really anything at all.....let alone 70% of things. And IF you are right, its most likely because of your "I'm gonna be negative about literally everything and argue the **** side no matter what choice anyone else makes"

So **** you.

I only wish. I've seen Konz tossed aside like a rag doll more than once. Reynolds looks like he's developing into a good run blocker especially on trap type plays, but his pass blocking technique is horrendous. Blaylock the vet has been very inconsistent. Trueblood is a temporary solution at best. Johnson can't stay on the field. Baker only can in his contract year. And Holmes, well...for all the rub and knocks he may end up being pretty solid eventually. But he REALLY seems to have trouble with outside speed guys. And his (lack of) conditioning??? What does that say about his work ethic?

As far as the defense the only one I've seen flashes from is Mass. But we said the same about Sidbury and he never broke through.

I think if you watch a lot of other teams, you'll see OL getting tossed aside or beaten badly fairly frequently. There's a certain heuristic at work here that amplifies problems you're concerned with (the fortunes of your favorite team) and ignores the issues that are irrelevant to you (the issues along the OL of other contending teams).

The OL's performance has certainly improved from the preseason to now. I think you can strongly argue that the OL has improved week to week. Are they perfect? Absolutely not. No OL is. Its up to the Ol and the QB to work together to make sure the offense continues to run. And given how our offense runs much more efficiently in no huddle and the protection looks much better, I feel confident saying the capacity is there.

Sidbury was a disappointment, but guys need reps to turn into something special, and I just don't know that he ever got the reps necessary. Mass looks like he IS getting those reps. And I think you've seen a decent amount of really nice plays by him. Again, by no means is he perfect, but he does appear to be developing. And that's what we should have expected....he was a developmental guy with lots of talent.

not to shabby

Hardly, you're just ignoring all the ish you say during the year that folks can't pull up any more because the accounts got banned.

More more along the lines of 5-10% right.

We are 31 times more likely to fail than to win, so It doesn't take a genius to predict that we won't win a SB and be right about it.

That's like claiming to be able to predict the future, because you knew that you'd neighbour wasn 't going to win the lottery with the ticket that he bought last week.

Look at it this way guys - do we need the best d line or o line to win a SB ?? Appparently not because we were 1 step away last year- with an adequate one and the skill players we have, when ( if ) healthy we can make a run. What kind of numbers can Ryan put up when (if) this line gels and gives him time to go down field??

Apparently the GM and coaching staff thinks these are the players that can get the job done . We will see .

Yeah, this season has turned to s###. Really disappointed in Smith, TD, Ryan, Moore, Special Teams, Defense, Offense. Too many injuries,mistakes, penalties, missed tackles, drops, bad throws, bad coaching decisions.

Even I can't see the Falcons turning it around this year, well, yeah, I can, but even I don't believe it.

F##K

Yeah, this season has turned to s###. Really disappointed in Smith, TD, Ryan, Moore, Special Teams, Defense, Offense. Too many injuries,mistakes, penalties, missed tackles, drops, bad throws, bad coaching decisions.

Even I can't see the Falcons turning it around this year, well, yeah, I can, but even I don't believe it.

F##K

I know what you mean!

The ******** attitude of people on this board is completely ridiculous.

Thomas Dimitroff inherited an absolute train wreck of a franchise. 42 years in and the team had ZERO consecutive winnings seasons. ******* ZERO. Not once. Not twice (which would be terrible for 40+ years of football). ZERO. All told, the franchise had 9 winning seasons PERIOD. A winning season every 4+ years was the average.

So what happens? He turns the team around. The "failed GM" somehow lucks into a roster that INSTANTLY becomes a contender in the NFC.

Consecutive winnings seasons? How about 5? How about 4 playoff appearances after 9 in the history of the franchise?

But clearly, he's a failure. He's a failure, Coach Smith is a failure, Matt Ryan blows, Michael Turner was a back up who would never make it, Julio sucks balls, Arthur Blank has put together a **** show and everything else associated with the team is a train wreck.

Criticism is one thing. I get it. But delusional ********? Something else. So take your revisionist history and shove it. Ingrates.

Cmon now, nobody's overlooking the fact that TD's been instrumental in this team's success(2008-12), but should he now also shoulder some of the blame for our most recent downward trend?
  • 3 weeks later...

He has the genes...

I actually feel a lot more confident in our defensive line than I do our offensive. I like a lot of the young guys that we've drafted the past couple of years.

I'm far, far more confident in our young defensive players than I am in our defensive scheme. It seems no matter how much better they become, they're destined to be pulled down in the Smittyball Black Hole of Fail and be disintegrated into insurance agents and tv sports analysts.

Our OL goes backwards vs crap teams even,

Other than Peters(Was a Beast), 110% Effort Reynolds(Run blocking Beast) and Babs(Good all round).

Nobody on our OL/DL will make the Pro Bowl ever.

Mr Blank/TD should fire all the OL/DL scouts immediately and start over next year draft with the trenches as the Main Theme like most good teams every year.

Also, Most Mean BA OL/DL comes with little rap sheets, so the FALCONS FILTER needs to be loosen on guys over 300+! (Atleast 2 minor strikes is OK!)

Matt Ryan better go back the to 3 secs throw it in the stands if he wants to survive this year.

I feel worst for SJackson its going to be brutal if he makes it to The End.

The first post is blind homerism. Sorry but not all of TD's O-line and D-line draft picks will be pro bowlers. We'd be lucky to get one or two.

iDash's post is borderline hater trollish.

The answer lies somewhere in the middle. Some of TD's O-line and D-line picks have been pretty good, some have been pretty bad thus far. That's how it goes. On the O-line I have the most faith in Konz since he was the top rated center in his draft. On D-line Peters is probably TDs biggest success story since he's a starter unlike Mass and the others.

borderline hater trollish is only falcon fan who knows his team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TD has been stocking up the lines last couple of years. What if he got it right? What if Konz & Holmes anchor the Oline for years? What if Mass, Peters, Matthews,Goodman and Maponga become beasts on the Dline? What if Reynolds and Manley work out?

If that happens, and the early returns are good, then this team is set for years.

By the end of midseason, we'll have a better idea who is working out, halfway through the year an even better idea.

Think Holmes had a pretty good debut as the RT last week.

Mass had a couple of sacks at FNL, couple of sacks in the practice against the Bengals, and a sack and some pressures in the first game. That gives me hope.

Maponga had a couple of moments in the game as well.

Lots of players really blossom in their 3rd year- Peters was set back a year due to his foot injury, this could be his year to take a big step up.

Konz was number one ranked center last year, got valuable experience playing guard and now moves to his regular position.

Matthews and Robertson are bigger and stronger this year.

Really looking forward to seeing how the lines do this preseason, and regular season.

don't hold your breath

He has beaten all the odds at drafting guys in those positions at the draft picks they were selected which most of them have a below 40% chance of being a 3 year starters

I take that with a grain of salt. Most GMs can be honest with themselves and replace guys who are clearly not working out. TD seems to be set in his ways and insist that these linemen that he drafted will eventually will work out.

That is not good drafting but simply being stubborn.