Official Preseason Game 1 Thread

WOR

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first drive. Second drive held them to a FG.

After they ran the ball all the way down the field. What's the **** difference between a field goal and touchdown? Nothing. It's a ******* preseason game. It doesn't mean jack ****. Who in the **** cares if the Falcons win or lose? Stop crying about giving up a ******* touchdown because the Bengals only had to go 50 yards to get it instead of 80.

the concerning thing for me is that the same things that haunted us last year are very evident again. I know its preseason, but I think Nolan forgot to go over how to defend a mobile qb in training camp. They have three more weeks to figure this out. I just wish Smitty would address this. That is all

Many of these guys won't make the team. A few are shining, a few are stinking. It's game one of the preseason.

I'm sure Nolan has seen more than enough great pieces to assemble a good defense, but there's another half to go.

I'm not complaining about us losing. I'm critiquing a HORRIBLE decision by DD. The proof is in the pudding buddy. All you have to do is watch the game.

DD looks like hot garbage.

And I have said DD hasn't played good tonight. But the OL has played like horse **** all night and you are giving them a free pass.

After they ran the ball all the way down the field. What's the **** difference between a field goal and touchdown? Nothing. It's a ******* preseason game. It doesn't mean jack ****. Who in the **** cares if the Falcons win or lose? Stop crying about giving up a ******* touchdown because the Bengals only had to go 50 yards to get it instead of 80.

Once again. I don't care if the Falcons win or lose.

I am critiquing DD, who is having a horrible game against a second and third team defense.

Coincidence that he has done NOTHING with the offense, and the Bengals scored all their points after he came on the field?

Once again. I don't care if the Falcons win or lose.

I am critiquing DD, who is having a horrible game against a second and third team defense.

Coincidence that he has done NOTHING with the offense, and the Bengals scored all their points after he came on the field?

So now you're blaming DD because the Bengals offense is scoring against the Falcons defense? That's ******* stupid man! DD doesn't play defense.

Do you really think Nolan game planned for JJ? GTFO

ok so after getting killed by mobile qbs all season and in the playoffs and losing to one to fail to reach the superbowl and we have the perfect opportunity to get some practice time on one in the first game of the preseason and we look worse than last year. maybe he should have game planned for him. Didn't they see this kid in the combined practice a few days ago.

Yeah because DD plays defense now. The Bengals would have gotten the touchdown either way with the way the Falcons backup defense is getting ripped apart by Josh Johnson.

I'm certainly not defending the OL play (not possible) but even the best OL has breakdowns. A QB has to make the SMART play. Throwing it away is just that with tight coverage on the receiver and you're running for your life. These guys don't need to impress us, the have to impress the coaches. Which decision by DD do you think would have impressed the coaches more?

Oh, btw, these games are just practice. Smith has always used preseason for nothing more than evaluating talent. What's our preseason record over the past 5 years?

Time to calm down.

So now you're blaming DD because the Bengals offense is scoring against the Falcons defense? That's ******* stupid man! DD doesn't play defense.

He's had the offense on the field for a total of 6:47 seconds. With 2, 3 and outs and 1 5:14 drive which he ended up throwing a interception to end.

The defense has been on the field the whole time he's been in the game basically. Yes, I blame him for giving them a short field every drive, including a horrible INT.