Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Wall

Abraham's Deal With Cardinals

I shall now put all my hopes and dreams into Mass.

I think he has the best chance of making an impact, Maponga looks good but I haven't seen much that makes me think he can step into the NFL and dominate.

KB I know what I should get so I can't get excited for him I like him though.

Matthews I don't think we ever be good.

Goodman will still be in his three point stance waiting to react to the snap when the play is over.

Nolan made huge gains last year with the leftovers of BVGs defense. He is now building the D he wants. It can only get better. Coaching is the key to players improving. Right now this team is right there at the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Don't you think players will step up for a chance to win?

That's why great players struggle on losing teams, what do they have to play for?

Unknown is unknown, until it pans out it is a figment of one's imagination. Right now? I don't see it.

Which is fine your perspective is different from mine. It does not make one right or wrong, but in this case it creates two possible outcomes which would be our unproven defensive line does not fare well and well you know how that turns out. Or the defense shows just enough of something and actually turns into a decent unit. Now as far as which way the scale shall turn......time is the judge of that my friend

Nolan made huge gains last year with the leftovers of BVGs defense. He is now building the D he wants. It can only get better. Coaching is the key to players improving. Right now this team is right there at the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Don't you think players will step up for a chance to win?

That's why great players struggle on losing teams, what do they have to play for?

I really like Nolan, but except the rookies they all had the chance to step up last season, and I don't expect rookies to be good players I want the to be average that would be a win, except Alford and Tru they need to live up the the draft position, however our cbs were not the issue in the playoffs.

Osi is the other guy, but I don't see him coming in and improving the D much all by himself... compared to Abe he isn't an upgrade that will put us over the top, instead a straight swap.

This is 100% a different type of "D" than I've ever seen Nolan assemble. It looks like something, but not a Nolan defense. I don't know what this is, but I hope its the greatest he has ever put together.

Which is fine your perspective is different from mine. It does not make one right or wrong, but in this case it creates two possible outcomes which would be our unproven defensive line does not fare well and well you know how that turns out. Or the defense shows just enough of something and actually turns into a decent unit. Now as far as which way the scale shall turn......time is the judge of that my friend

The continuum of perspective theory. Still, plain and simple for me. I don't like it as of right now, and won't unless I'm wrong.

Honestly, though, I think that's where a lot of the animosity from fans come from, in regards to the pass rush. Most fans seem to have little if any confidence in Ray Hamilton. Osi is supposedly helping to teach the youngins atm, so hopefully that'll help.

I really like Nolan, but except the rookies they all had the chance to step up last season, and I don't expect rookies to be good players I want the to be average that would be a win, except Alford and Tru they need to live up the the draft position, however our cbs were not the issue in the playoffs.

Osi is the other guy, but I don't see him coming in and improving the D much all by himself... compared to Abe he isn't an upgrade that will put us over the top, instead a straight swap.

Osi is a wildcard. Why did he sign here? To play closer to home? To win a championship? He has two of those already. To prove something to the world...that he isn't washed up? I like that one. He plays with a chip we might have something but if he kicks back and coasts because the winning is easy than....

Osi is a wildcard. Why did he sign here? To play closer to home? To win a championship? He has two of those already. To prove something to the world...that he isn't washed up? I like that one. He plays with a chip we might have something but if he kicks back and coasts because the winning is easy than....

It could also be door #3, $$$$$

Honestly, though, I think that's where a lot of the animosity from fans come from, in regards to the pass rush. Most fans seem to have little if any confidence in Ray Hamilton. Osi is supposedly helping to teach the youngins atm, so hopefully that'll help.

I'm of the theory, and its my theory alone cause most think its nutty, that Abe hurt our pass rush more than helped it. He was a one man show. He was moved around the line giving him the best chance at success. This threw off Edwards who always rushed from one side and stunted the growth of Sid and Kroy cause they couldn't settle into one spot. I think if we focus on getting more pressure from more places we will succeed. Teams slowed down Abe there was no one ready to come from a different angle. They never got comfortable.

The continuum of perspective theory. Still, plain and simple for me. I don't like it as of right now, and won't unless I'm wrong.

I have no issue with that. I do hope they can prove you wrong this year though.

I'm of the theory, and its my theory alone cause most think its nutty, that Abe hurt our pass rush more than helped it. He was a one man show. He was moved around the line giving him the best chance at success. This threw off Edwards who always rushed from one side and stunted the growth of Sid and Kroy cause they couldn't settle into one spot. I think if we focus on getting more pressure from more places we will succeed. Teams slowed down Abe there was no one ready to come from a different angle. They never got comfortable.

While I do think that arguments can be made for Abe's prescence being a hinderance to younger players' development, I just can't agree with that being one of them. Nolan is running a multiplicity defense. He will moving players all over, both left and right, as well as inside and out. Like I said, arguments can made, but I can't see that being one of them.

Edit: Oh, and forward and back as well, for the OLB roles.

While I do think that arguments can be made for Abe's prescence being a hinderance to younger players' development, I just can't agree with that being one of them. Nolan is running a multiplicity defense. He will moving players all over, both left and right, as well as inside and out. Like I said, arguments can made, but I can't see that being one of them.

Edit: Oh, and forward and back as well, for the OLB roles.

True but in the past the focus was soley on Abe. In Nolan's system the focus is on the defense as a whole. It's why Edwards failed because he isn't a team guy and probably why Abe was shown the door. He wants it to be all about him.

The only way I ever wanted Osi here, is with Abe on the other side. I'm not excited about this defense at all. Favorite DC of all time, but this crap looks wonky. No DL or LB.

KOG don't you think another year in the Nolan system helps alot of our guys on the defense???

I'm expecting big years from Moore Peters Umenyiora & Spoon.

To me the only real thing that worries me is the Rooks like Alford & Trufant getting up to speed.

KOG don't you think another year in the Nolan system helps alot of our guys on the defense???

I'm expecting big years from Moore Peters Umenyiora & Spoon.

To me the only real thing that worries me is the Rooks like Alford & Trufant getting up to speed.

Asante, McClain, Moore, and Decoud will make it an easy transition for the secondary. This is Osi's first year under Nolan and I'm not a fan of the DT's yet and still. I have zero confidence in those guys, especially now. The LB's? We have exactly one worth talking about and I'm not so certain there.

No, I'm not really confident about our pass rush. Yet again.

Asante, McClain, Moore, and Decoud will make it an easy transition for the secondary. This is Osi's first year under Nolan and I'm not a fan of the DT's yet and still. I have zero confidence in those guys, especially now. The LB's? We have exactly one worth talking about and I'm not so certain there.

KOG when you talk pass rush are you talking getting there with just the front 4 as if you are I understand your worry.

But I'm thinking this year with more speed outside we'll be bringing Moore & Spoon specifically to aid in this cause.

KOG when you talk pass rush are you talking getting there with just the front 4 as if you are I understand your worry.

But I'm thinking this year with more speed outside we'll be bringing Moore & Spoon specifically to aid in this cause.

Which makes covering a TE difficult...

We need our front 7 to handle the run and be able to pass rush or else the same thing will happen

Pass rush is overrated in the NFL. The rules and play books favor the offenses. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 52(!) times last year and still had one of the greatest statistical seasons of all time.

The rams and broncos tied for the league lead in team sacks with 52. The rams stayed home in January and the broncos D got slapped by the Ravens. They lost not just because their D wasn't up to the task but because they had no faith in their all world QB to win it for them.

I have to look at it as front 4 until I see the blitzes. As of now, they are fan conjurings only.

Pass rush is overrated in the NFL. The rules and play books favor the offenses. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 52(!) times last year and still had one of the greatest statistical seasons of all time.

The rams and broncos tied for the league lead in team sacks with 52. The rams stayed home in January and the broncos D got slapped by the Ravens. They lost not just because their D wasn't up to the task but because they had no faith in their all world QB to win it for them.

uh no

Which makes covering a TE difficult...

We need our front 7 to handle the run and be able to pass rush or else the same thing will happen

Who says there'll be a front 7 we were in the nickel pretty much as the base last year.

Hence why I mentioned having the speed on the outside the ability to go man there and move guys like Mclain DeCoud & Moore around it makes us more versatile how we go after guys in pass rush and in coverage.Speed is going to be the key in my eyes and how quickly these Rooks pickup Nolan's scheme.

I feel once eveyone is locked in I really think this defense will click.

Who says there'll be a front 7 we were in the nickel pretty much as the base last year.

Hence why I mentioned having the speed on the outside the ability to go man there and move guys like Mclain DeCoud & Moore around it makes us more versatile how we go after guys in pass rush and in coverage.Speed is going to be the key in my eyes and how quickly these Rooks pickup Nolan's scheme.

I feel once eveyone is locked in I really think this defense will click.

If the nickel is the base...you actually need a rush from your front 4.