Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AustFalcon

Abraham Tweeting Again

108 posts in this topic

I never got over it...had the defensive line been worth a crap I would have...maybe...nah!

I figured of anything, you wouldn't be over Michael Turner. I guess that's easier since they made the right call there.

To be fair he did not run out of gas in playoffs, he had a flat tire, bad ankle.

thats exactly right because Coach Smith played the starters in game 16 of a meaningless game when we had homefield already wrapped up. That pissed me off they didn't play 2nd string---and we lost the game!

#another Smith coaching blunder

slamee101 likes this

I figured of anything, you wouldn't be over Michael Turner. I guess that's easier since they made the right call there.

I was more of an Abraham fan. I'm more a defense guy, but yeah I felt like it was time for Mike to finish up. It is what it is. Can't say for sure if it was the right call...the run game still sucks. Looks like a problem for the line. I definitely miss those 11TD's from last year too.

I was more of an Abraham fan. I'm more a defense guy, but yeah I felt like it was time for Mike to finish up. It is what it is. Can't say for sure if it was the right call...the run game still sucks. Looks like a problem for the line. I definitely miss those 11TD's from last year too.

I miss Michael Turner. I think he undeservedly got too much chit and blame for our run game and offense. Like a scapegoat. I think he left our organization disrespected.

slamee101 likes this

i agree that Turner got an unfair amount of blame, but it looks like other teams thought he was at least part of the problem. I'd like to hear abut him getting into better shape and getting another shot next year. One of the best we've ever had. He and Abe. Never say TD can't make the tough emotional decisions though. Even if he did fudge one of them.

Plenty of people, almost everyone in fact, admits it was a mistake. But to drudge up 6 or 7 old threads? A tad much, I knew it was a mistake, I'd hope it wasn't, but I'm not acting like I want a cookie over it lol

I don't know...I can't tell. The people who were still claiming Abe was old, over the hill, and overrated seem to be claiming the same thing.

I miss Michael Turner. I think he undeservedly got too much chit and blame for our run game and offense. Like a scapegoat. I think he left our organization disrespected.

I definitely could see letting go of Turner with what he was getting paid. He wasn't the same Turner he was in '08, '09 or even '10 but I definitely still thought he had gas left in the tank if the line was better at run blocking. We upgraded at that position and Jackson cost less than what Turner was scheduled to make but I don't know that any of us saw the line getting this much worse.