Pat Y: Eight In The Box: Can't Lose Players.

Well I actually think the player each team can least afford to lose is their starting QB's. But I think that is a given, so I can't argue with his analysis and picks. I was just looking at the pics of mini-camp and was BLOWN AWAY by the sheer physical presence of Jackson. I knew he was a huge back, but seeing him without pads is even more impressive. I don't think we are going to get shut down on those 4th and short yardage plays anymore.

Well I actually think the player each team can least afford to lose is their starting QB's. But I think that is a given, so I can't argue with his analysis and picks. I was just looking at the pics of mini-camp and was BLOWN AWAY by the sheer physical presence of Jackson. I knew he was a huge back, but seeing him without pads is even more impressive. I don't think we are going to get shut down on those 4th and short yardage plays anymore.

Some of those pictures coming from camp were ridiculous. SJax looked like a giant among midgets. He is huge!

Really??? Brees is not the saints can't lose player?

If the aints missed Brees they would be 3-13 every year..

Pat Y is showing himself to be the putz we all knew he was.

You could have chosen to read the entire article as well :) This was at the top of it easy to read Other than the quarterback, which player could each NFC South team least afford to lose to injury? Here's a look:

I'll never forget the first time I saw the guy. I think it was our '04 playoff game. I took one look and said "omg this guy is gonna run for 250 on us". He was a backup to Faulk at the time and I was actually relieved when they had him on the bench.

I used to make fun of him, because he would do a spin move a lot to no effect, especially those 2 games that year they played against us.

And then I think he fumbled on a kickoff return as well.

I disagree with Jackson being the "can't lose" player. While I do think he's a huge upgrade (literally huge), I think Quizz and Snelling could do a decent job carrying the load. Also, both are good pass catchers and good in pass protection, so the offense would continue to be able to move the ball IMO.

Mine would be Asante Samuel. As much as I love the young talent at corner, I wouldn't be comfortable with Trufant, Alford, and McClain as the top 3 corners with such little experience. I'm good with it as it is now, with presumably just one rookie starter, Asante, and McClain who did very well in the nickel last year. Take away Asante, and it's pretty worrisome IMO.

I was at the practice where Asante got banged up and it was definitely one of those "Oh ****" moments.

I'm not so sure I would agree on the Falcons

Beside Sjax there is Rodgers(suspose to be his breakout year?) then Snelling - a proven commodity, A. Smith an unknown

and at FB Ewing and DiMarco

I think they could absorb Sjax loss

However What is behind Weatherspoon??? R. James???

Banks and Schiller more MLB types (unknowns) then 3 UDFAs

not so sure they could absorb Spoon loss

Edited by delaigle

While I don't want to have to find out, I think we could survive losing SJax for an extensive period. We would have to rely more heavily on our passing game, but I think the combo of Quizz and Snelling are up to the task. Snelling has been very underrated as a do-it-all RB the last several years.

as much as i like having SJax, cant agree he is our cant lose player. This team went 13-3 and almost to the SB without him. And I think Quizz is an upgrade over 2012 Turner so....

SJax could put us over the hump, but the cant lose players for this season have to be:

1. Julio Jones - he opens up the field every play

2. Osi Umenyiora - no other pass rusher as of now

3. Asante Samuel - starting 2 rookies would lead to some big plays, and could cost us some games

4. Sam Baker - best case scenerio is a guy who is as of now 2nd string at RT, with no NFL or big school experience.