Why Do You Really Want A Championship?

WOR

This is a philosophical post about your approach as a fan.

Why do you care about Championships so much? Will it change your life? Do you have so much invested in a team that you live vicariously through them?

I would LOVE a championship. It would be cool. But at the end of the day, I really dont care one way or the other.

On a very fundamental level the NFL exists for entertainment. Thats what I get out of The Falcons. Entertainment. I love them and I want them to succeed, but if they win Im not going to wake up 2 years later and say, **** yes. The thing keeping me going in life is that Falcons title.

In the end a championship does nothing for us as fans. We dont get rings. We dont get legacies. We dont get money.

All I ask for is a competitive team that makes watching the Falcons fun. Because after it all, all the team is is a source of entertainment.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a new poster but have been a fan since 1990. Win or lose I root for the falcons all day every day. Ive wanted to watch them win it for so long that when we reach that point (which should be very soon) it will almost feel like I won the superbowl myself. Its a great time to be a Bird

Edited by Dwight83

im a new poster but have been a fan since 1990. Win or lose I root for the falcons all day every day. Ive wanted to watch them win it for so long that when we reach that point (which should be very soon) it will almost feel like I won the superbowl myself. Its a bright time to be a Bird

Lol I do kind of feel the same way. If they win it all I"ll feel like I won. I've spent a lot of time watching/supporting the Falcons. They owe me nothing, but it would be awesome for them to win it all. I would feel as I'm part of it being the 12th man.

Im just saying, I dont buy into the argument that the Falcons are a failure until they win a Super Bowl. I dont understand it. Someone should explain it logically.

Im just saying, I dont buy into the argument that the Falcons are a failure until they win a Super Bowl. I dont understand it. Someone should explain it logically.

The falcons have turned into one of the best franchises in the league and that wont change even if we don't win it all. With that said, the point in sports is to try to be 'The Best' so ofcourse we all want them to win it all.

I'm more for having the best regular season record possible.

I do not drink the NFL cool aide on playoffs.

I do not know if I would change my mind even if they did fix the broken playoff system.

Would I be elated if they won the championship 7734 YES

I do not like the sell out of "do just enough to make it into the playoffs" --then win in the second season to me the "regular" season is more important.

ADDED

If I ask who went 17-0 99% of you would say Miami

If I asked who won SB23 99% of you would have to look it up

Isn't it about being unique most of all

Edited by delaigle

It is the ultimate goal for any compettitor and the accomplisment

is something that the Team and fans can enjoy together.

Come compete against me in Darts, and I will reveal to you the

true meaning of this. wink.png

It is the ultimate goal for any compettitor and the accomplisment

is something that the Team and fans can enjoy together.

Come compete against me in Darts, and I will reveal to you the

true meaning of this. wink.png

as will I with you at a pool tablebiggrin.png

The falcons have turned into one of the best franchises in the league and that wont change even if we don't win it all. With that said, the point in sports is to try to be 'The Best' so ofcourse we all want them to win it all.

We all want it. Clearly. But Im not running around disappointed when they dont. I hate when they lose, but after an hour Im fine, because it doesnt really mean anything and my Falcons still exist to fight another day.

I guess I should have worded it a little better in the OP. We all want to win. I dont understand all the fierce hate and disappointment when we lose though.

So my grandfather can see them win one before he passes.

Winning post. My grandfather passed away right before the SEC title game. I thought he was up there helping UGA out on that last drive. He must have taken a nap in the last few seconds lol

Because I'm proud of my home teams,and I want to see them validated. You get tired of the same old teams winning.

That and that it would just be gravy to watch the trolls and contrarians try to spin it.

One doesnt mean anything. Even Trent Dilfer won one. laugh.png