Are The Falcons A Team Of Destiny?

Birdy™

We are not the best team in the NFL. We may not even stand in the top 3-5. We have numerous amounts of question marks that still surround this team, as pointed out by the usual "realists" that lurk around this board, and although they are relentlessly negative, they do touch on some accuracy of our flaws.

The O-Line is a question mark; the front 7 is a question mark etc. Yes we all know this. That stuff is all very true. But those won’t be the deciding factors of this team’s postseason success…

The Falcons will not be a "dream team" entering the 2013 season, but they will be, without question, a team of destiny.

Here’s why:

- Matt Ryan’s hard work and determination to be the best QB he can possibly be, as he looks to silence his critics and bring home a long-waited Lombardi.

- The intense determination and leadership of our veterans and their hunger to win a championship.

- Tony’s last year and chance to finally get his ring after 17 seasons of being ringless.

- Brian Banks making his dream come true after his heartbreaking struggles.

- Osi playing for his hometown as he desires to win a Super Bowl for his and our city.

- Being so close (10 yards) to the promise land the previous season and the devastation that came with it .

- And how about the fact that the city of Atlanta has only experienced ONE championship in the history of Atlanta’s major sports teams. (It's been almost 18 years since I've witnessed an ATL championship, and I'm hungry as a fuging mofo dam it)

So again, the Falcons may not be the best team in the NFL but they sure do have the best storyline to follow, and that will potentially guide the Falcons to their 1st Championship victory in franchise history and the 2nd in major ATL sports history. You can’t possibly wright this script any better.

No more bltching about this team. The stars are aligning perfectly, now all we can do is just wait, and boy have we been waiting.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any team's fan can come up with a list of points to show their team is a team of destiny. I don't think all these feel good stories is going to be the reason why this team wins in 2013. Its because we have players that make up a better team. And a little luck will fall our way which is what's needed in the post season.

There's no such thing as a team of destiny. If we earn it, we'll win it.

Of curse not. But there is such thing as great teamwork, leadership and determination, which is what will make this team great. But this thread is pretty much a positive gesture. I just thought it was kinda cool how great it would be for the Falcons to win a super bowl following such an amazing storyline.

There are no teams of destiny....there are teams that play at a higher rate more consistently than other teams and therefore win more games.

Then, if that team is fortunate, they get a break or two and play well through the requisite postseason games. Thats how you raise a trophy. We played 95% well enough to win the NFCCG....unfortunately SF played a few percentage points better. So it goes.

Yes, this team does have question marks. The right side needs to show competence against live competition. The front 7 needs to make QBs more uncomfortable on a consistent basis.

But guess what? Other teams have big question marks too.

SF - Who's gonna catch the ball? Do they have anyone to push a defense? Do they need to rely on Justin Smith so heavily to create pass rush?

Seattle - 1/3 of their defense is facing suspension. Their best pass rusher tore his ACL in January. Can Russell Wilson avoid a regression?

GB - Is their OL really in better shape than ours? Can their defense make any improvements? They have one elite passrusher and a bunch of guys. Their LB play is weak.

NE - Can they get by with their offensive weapons until Gronk gets back? Can Edelman and Amendola stay healthy? Is Michael Jenkins really going to play a role in their gameplan?

Baltimore - Who anchors the secondary? Who anchors the LBers? Who catches the ball outside of Torrey Smith?

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL HAS QUESTION MARKS. I'm not sure why its such a struggle for some around here to grasp that. The Falcon's question marks seem amplified because you pay more attention to them. That's it.

I don't care for the term "Team of Destiny". A team needs many things to go right for a Championship to happen. Health and luck play a big part, and the very best players don't guarantee anything. Good coaching, smart play and fair officiating make up the rest of what you need. How can you believe you are truly destined for anything?

The NFL wanted the Harbowl last year. They also wanted Ray Lewis to go out on top.

I am a firm believe the NFL will want Tony to go out on top this season.

The NFL is straight rigged. Conspiracy status. Tell me those lights didn't go out in the Super Bowl to make things a little tighter, because that game was out of hand. There was so much more **** that I saw the niners get away with that this past season I legitimately questioned the honesty of the game and NFL.

The NFL wanted the Harbowl last year. They also wanted Ray Lewis to go out on top.

I am a firm believe the NFL will want Tony to go out on top this season.

The NFL is straight rigged. Conspiracy status. Tell me those lights didn't go out in the Super Bowl to make things a little tighter, because that game was out of hand. There was so much more **** that I saw the niners get away with that this past season I legitimately questioned the honesty of the game and NFL.

There's so much wrong with this post, I don't know where to begin...

I don't know about destiny, but I do know you have to be lucky. For instance, the past interference on Roddy White inside the ten yard line that never happen, you guys were unlucky that it wasn't called " same thing happen to 49ers in the Superbowl". a gust of wind to push a 40 yarder wide left, a fumble that bounce out of bounds instead of going to the defense, it goes on and on. Sean Payton said it best "Your lucky to be good, But it's good to be lucky".