All This Statistical Nonsense About Why Matt Ryan Won't Win A Super Bowl

Bring It

Over the past 36 months there have been comments galore insinuating Matt Ryan can't win a Super Bowl. The list of these comments is endless. Well, it dawned on me the other day that if someone named Trent D.ildo (Dilfer) can win one...........2001............my next door neighbor's kid in high school could. Dilfer graded out somewhere between NCAA Div. III and Canadian Football League..........LOL. OK, we all know the Raven defense was All World, etc., etc. but the QB of ANY team is a vital piece. I like our chances with a guy named Matt Ryan.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning a SB is a team effort. Having a great QB like Matt helps your chances, but if the team can't put it together in the playoffs then the QB can only do so much. That's been our problem, our team never seems to put it all together and go all out come playoff time.

I've said it multiple times. These same 4-6 posters are emotionally invested in Matt Ryan failing. It's more important for them to be right than to suck it up and support the team. We've lived through 47 years of apathy, pessimism, and misery. Why should we keep that mentality when we are in the best position in decades to break that cycle? Most of us have had no reason to be optimistic, and now we finally have one. Some can't let go, and refuse to let anyone enjoy it.

When these fools bring up comparisons to TJ Yates, Tim Tebow, or John Skelton, to undermine Matt's accomplishments, how many UDFA WRs he's turned into superstars, make inane predictions presented as fact that the team will fail with no credible evidence to back it, it not only shows the agenda, but how desperate they are for attention. Some people just can't let people be happy. There are always contrarians, and wannabe devil advocates to piss on everyones' parade.

Some of these guys dig for stats and scenarios, and spin them to try and prove their point, but the great thing about Matt, is you don't have to be a numbers guy, a football guru, or a coach to prove them wrong. Matt needs to step up in certain parts of his game, especially in the playoffs, but the big picture shows Matt is a pretty prolific QB, and what he's done for this team hasn't been done before. He's our QB. He's not going anywhere. Trying to convince a fanbase he isn't the guy, when he's done more than any other QB we've ever seen in our lifetimes is a moronic exercise in futility.

I just do not understand the point of coming here and trying to down talk Matt Ryan. If you do not like him that is fine, and it is ok to voice your opinion. But there is no reason to start multiple threads trying to get attention on a board that the vast majority of people ARE Matt Ryan fans. Anyone who thinks Matt Ryan hasn't been successful is a fool. He is still a young quarterback who is getting better every day.

I think right now just reaching a SB would shut a lot of people up, and then the last thing is just winning.

One thing I've learned though the trolls will never go away, but with a SB win just say "Kiss the Ring" shoutout to SavvyFalcon09 for that line though.

For real though, Swift and a couple of others provide great entertainment to me. Most days I just read these boards although on days like today I catch an "itch" to post.

The mindless Ryan bashing does get annoying over time.

He is the best QB this franchise has ever had and I hope he delivers us to the promised land!! Whoop whoop.

I'll be back in the ATL for the Stains game again this year and hoping he puts on a clinic.

Matt Ryan and this team are capable of winning a Super Bowl, but it is far from the fait accompli that most TATF members suggest.

I'd rather converse with the so-called trolls than read the Leibniz optimism some of the acne-stricken, self-abusers come up with.

You consistently express opinions that dive far below the threshold of the "realist" label you give yourself. Of course you'd rather converse with the trolls....you're a lot closer to them than realism.

If you don't recognize that this team is one of 4-6 teams that are strong Super Bowl contenders, you're delusional. Outside of expression of that particular opinion, I don't see much flag planting for anything greater.

You consistently express opinions that dive far below the threshold of the "realist" label you give yourself. Of course you'd rather converse with the trolls....you're a lot closer to them than realism.

If you don't recognize that this team is one of 4-6 teams that are strong Super Bowl contenders, you're delusional. Outside of expression of that particular opinion, I don't see much flag planting for anything greater.

I'd agree that they are one of 6 realistic contenders.....in the NFC. That is where the 2014 Super Bowl will be contested, with the win over the AFC champ being the easiest step.

You wouldn't know realism if it bit you in the a$$, which is probably right where you have your flag planted at the moment.

It's funny that people who keep starting these threads always say' "The trolls will come out." Yet these threads are like a light drawing a moth.

Stop making posts acting as if Matt Ryan is the be all end all and others won't post saying he isn't.

It's funny that people who keep starting these threads always say' "The trolls will come out." Yet these threads are like a light drawing a moth.

Stop making posts acting as if Matt Ryan is the be all end all and others won't post saying he isn't.

If push comes to shove swift and co. will make their own threads. Only lately they haven't had to do so. If there are no Ryan-specific threads they will derail other topics that really have nothing to do with our QB if they're desperate to get their Ryan-debating fix on. It's pretty unavoidable. But I agree, some of these threads are just troll bait.

Matt Ryan and this team are capable of winning a Super Bowl, but it is far from the fait accompli that most TATF members suggest.

I'd rather converse with the so-called trolls than read the Leibniz optimism some of the acne-stricken, self-abusers come up with.

george_c_scott_dr_strange_love.gif

You are tired of reading the "Leibniz Optimism", but you and swift are the ones acting like the Book is already written on the Falcons as long as Matt Ryan and Thomas Dimitroff are part of this organization. Are you Bizarro Gottfried Leibniz? You said 2 years ago Matt Ryan had peaked and will never improve. Swift has repeatedly said Matt will never win a Super Bowl, never win an MVP. Never throw 5000 yards. Teams that give up multiple draft picks on WRs don't win championships, despite we were ridiculously close to getting to one. Then when your "facts" are proven wrong, you move the goalposts. Matt improved, so now you argue it's because he has elite weapons, and he can't develop these mystery UDFAs that aren't in the game plan. Swift says he'll leave Matt alone for 3 years if he gets to the NFCCG and contends in the game. Now it's back to the same nonsense. Another day, another username. Another Matt Ryan thread, another passive aggressive Muskoka factoid about TJ Yates or John Skelton.

Fans are hopeful. Your absolutism is really just defeatism shrouded in weak attempts at wit. Your point of view questions the point of even following a team. You accuse us of being player only fans in the case of Matt Ryan, yet it's your and your cohorts arguments that push the notion that we have no hope with this GM, this QB only rationalize the frontrunner mentality. What are we supposed to do? Just go be Aaron Rodger fans, or should we just sulk and moan all offseason and not hope, wish for the best? I'm confident that Matt Ryan will get a ring, but I'm not psychic, and I'm not claiming any absolutes. Why should we respect your opinion? Why should we take you seriously? Your only purpose here is to go against the grain, not to enlighten anyone, engage in real debate, because what you spout off isn't debate-worthy. It's wishful thinking, predictions stated as facts, and defended like opinions. Despite the obvious in your face proof of success Matt Ryan has demonstrated in his time here, you will always undermine, always dig for the one little minute detail that you think you've cleverly found that will cause every one to turn, and then make you feel smarter than everyone else. No ones going to buy it.