Hard Knocks, Mandatory?

SuperAINTSfan

http://www.nfl.com/n...for-hard-knocks

It will mark the Bengals' second star turn on the popular documentary series in the last four years. If NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has his way, more teams will be involved with the show going forward.

"Hard Knocks" is beloved programming for NFL fans, but many teams have chosen to keep the all-access show at a distance. It was reported that the Houston Texans,Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons all turned down an offer to appear on the show this summer. Seahawks general manager John Schneider told "PFT Live" that his team was also approached, but Seattle was not interested."We're talking about some kind of formal rotation where teams participate in the show on a more regular basis," Goodell told the Bengals' team site last week. "Not necessarily more frequently, but on a regular basis so that it is a shared obligation and it would give more teams an opportunity to have this."

Goodell is an obviously persuasive force within the NFL sphere, so don't be surprised if we begin to see improved participation going forward. This is not a bad thing for NFL fans.

I Love Hardknocks. I don't believe it's as big of a "distraction" as people say. I would love to see the Giants do it one day, It will never happen, and if It did, Coach Coughlin would probably go out of his way to make it as boring as possible. I would still enjoy it.

Edited by NYG4

I Love Hardknocks. I don't believe it's as big of a "distraction" as people say. I would love to see the Giants do it one day, It will never happen, and if It did, Coach Coughlin would probably go out of his way to make it as boring as possible. I would still enjoy it.

I can understand that point of view. I personally love anything Falcon so I would definitely watch it if they were to be on it. That said I do like that our franchise doesn't want it. I think it just goes along with the whole TD/Smitty deal that they're secretive. I think if Smitty were forced to have cameras around while he was coaching he would die from a heart attack. I am talking about a guy who cannot even give a straight forward injury report out of the need to keep quiet.

He already stated he hates the locker room cams in games. Hard Knocks would seriously piss him off.