Rich Eisen Needs A Pulitzer.

Tuggle'2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing you posted this, I would've never found out about it from the other thread on this (that you posted in) rolleyes.gif

jk i'm just messing with you.

Yeah it was a **** good interview. Some real "wtf" moments in there, dude seems to never get a break.

It's a good thing you posted this, I would've never found out about it from the other thread on this (that you posted in) rolleyes.gif

jk i'm just messing with you.

Yeah it was a **** good interview. Some real "wtf" moments in there, dude seems to never get a break.

I deserve all the flak, I get man, bring it on.

This was and is important to me. It's who I am.

I think the best bet when it comes to me is get used to it. wink.png

I was also talking about the interviewer and not the interviewee. I came away charged. The 60 Minutes interview didn't even compare to this in my opinion.

I think Eisen nailed it and thought he deserved a voice. It was a record breaking interview.

Brief summary? What did his old lawyer do? Or not do? Short on time this morning but plan on watching the interview later.

Long story short (do yourself a favor and watch/listen to the podcast) mom sold house to get lawyer, lawyer was in route to judgeship so didn't really give him attention he deserved, convinced him if he went to trial he'd get an all white jury who only saw a black youth, gave him 10 minutes to make up his mind without any outside council (his mom namely) and he took a plea deal where he thought he would get 90 days, but got the max, his lawyer then told him he needed an appellate lawyer, she knew a guy, sign this to release her, once he signed it poor kid never heard from her again OR the appellate lawyer she promised....she went on to be a judge and he rotted in jail.

She knew his mom denied all other offers and he said something along the lines of "Are you guilty (to Brian)?" and Brian says no and she says "then you will fight it" but the lawyer sat him in a room right before he was to plead and gave him a 10 minutes or never deal because she didnt want to have to deal with going through the trial. Even though all the evidence clearly shows plenty of reasonable doubt and theres almost no way he would have been convicted of rap and kidnapping with NO evidence.

but she couldnt be bothered to take her time.

Worth every second of your time to listen to the story.

Not only is the guy a model when it comes to turning the other cheek, but he is a well spoken, well educated, role model. Not just to blacks, or men, but to people of every color and sex.

I hope he makes the team, and I hope he proves to be a beast in the NFL. He deserves everything that is coming his way in the future. Incredible man...

Edited by treefidy

Yep great interview and it is over before you know it even if it is an hour long. I'm so glad our team is the one that stepped up and gave him a shot.

He is the ultimate TD player, more character and determination then probably anyone in the NFL his presence alone in the locker room will inspire the rest of the team.

This kid was screwed every which way and his only form of revenge he says he wants is his personal success.

It's going to suck if he doesn't make our 53 man roster now that he has got soo much publicity. Watch a team like the Patriots pick him up and make him ignite into a great player. What would that say of our coaching staff if he, hypothetically, can be turned into a breast on another squad. You have to admire the man's determination and heart to want to play. That is why I pull for him moreso than any of the other UDFA. He HAS the initiative.