Seymour On 790 The Zone Wed. A M

Bring It

Oh no, not ANOTHER Richard Seymour thread. This AM he was on 790 The Zone and most of the dialogue was the same ole same ole. There was ONE thing that he said that stood out for me however and it was on his Work Ethic. He said growing up as a kid his father was in the construction business and he taught Richard the importance of a STRONG WORK ETHIC and that this has stayed with him in everything he does in his life. No matter how much money he has made or has in the bank he will ALWAYS believe in hard work as a way of life. This was significant to me. Another Ray Edwards he is NOT. Will he be a Falcon ? No idea, but if we do sign him and he turns out to be over the hill or just "average", it won't be from lack of effort I believe.

He is not coming here unless he takes close to Vet minimum or at most 2M. TD already said he is not going to pay the money for Vets to sit on the bench.

I think we are all ok with this though I doubt he would sit on the bench, he would be a nice upgrade in our Dline rotation. No one wants to over pay for him but it is pretty obvious he would be a good rotational upgrade.

I think we are all ok with this though I doubt he would sit on the bench, he would be a nice upgrade in our Dline rotation. No one wants to over pay for him but it is pretty obvious he would be a good rotational upgrade.

He sat on the bench a lot last year, even when he was healthy. Raiders took him off on 3rd downs and obvious passing plays. He struggled mightily against good OL in last 1.5 years. I was all for Seymour till I went and watched the Raiders game for last year and half. He will be mostly backing up Babs as part of rotation.

He sat on the bench a lot last year, even when he was healthy. Raiders took him off on 3rd downs and obvious passing plays. He struggled mightily against good OL in last 1.5 years. I was all for Seymour till I went and watched the Raiders game for last year and half. He will be mostly backing up Babs as part of rotation.

Randy Moss quit on the Raiders too. Turned out to have a pretty decent year with the Patriots.

Even if Seymour isn't the answer, personally I'd feel better going into the season with him than without him. Ideally on a one year deal.

I agree. I didn't feel this way a month ago but I do now. I think he would contribute more than a little. I think TD is "playing Poker" with his agent and waiting for the right $$$ deal.

Oh no, not ANOTHER Richard Seymour thread. This AM he was on 790 The Zone and most of the dialogue was the same ole same ole. There was ONE thing that he said that stood out for me however and it was on his Work Ethic. He said growing up as a kid his father was in the construction business and he taught Richard the importance of a STRONG WORK ETHIC and that this has stayed with him in everything he does in his life. No matter how much money he has made or has in the bank he will ALWAYS believe in hard work as a way of life. This was significant to me. Another Ray Edwards he is NOT. Will he be a Falcon ? No idea, but if we do sign him and he turns out to be over the hill or just "average", it won't be from lack of effort I believe.

Right there is the Final Proof for why we Do Not sign Seymour.

If his "Work Ethic" was all that then he would have put up better numbers in Oakland.

The injury does not stand to factor because his numbers were pedestrian prior to it.

Now let us take Seymour at his word.

The Guy is a very Hard Worker who can no longer put up the numbers

that will make a differance to the team, let alone justify over paying for his services.

OP:

Not trying to bash your comments, and Thank You for "Bringing It" forward.

Randy Moss quit on the Raiders too. Turned out to have a pretty decent year with the Patriots.

Seymour got paid 15 M and quit on Raiders? Or may be, more like benched in the games when healthy because he was bad. Randy Moss was much younger for a WR and he wanted to play not just for the right money.

If his "Work Ethic" was all that then he would have put up better numbers in Oakland.

The injury does not stand to factor because his numbers were pedestrian prior to it.

that will make a differance to the team, let alone justify over paying for his services.

OP:

TD said it best, We are not going to pay vets to sit on the bench. Mike Peterson was paid Vet minimum so, didn't really matter because he played ST.

OP:

You're welcome. Thank you for your comments.