Report: Falcons Stadium Negotiations Hit Wall

Mega Flare

How about just take it out of that **** hole down town area? Dallas Cowboys have their stadium in Arlington, Texas. Anyone ever heard of Arlington? Oh yeah, its just that nice area that has six flags, Rangers stadium, is in between the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Downtown ******* SUCKS!!!!!!!

Better yet, don't build it in the ghetto.

Alright then, that rules out Gwinnett.

How about just take it out of that **** hole down town area? Dallas Cowboys have their stadium in Arlington, Texas. Anyone ever heard of Arlington? Oh yeah, its just that nice area that has six flags, Rangers stadium, is in between the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Downtown ******* SUCKS!!!!!!!

No, you suck laugh.png

Thought Arlington was where Hank Hill lived.

They just need to be real with these churches show them the money you want to build where they are just help them out Blank.

EDIT: @ Da Bird is Da Word

Think it's Arlen.

Edited by Zone#7

Cramming it into an even smaller footprint at the south site is an even dumber idea rolleyes.gif

that's what I would do. build right up to the edge and schedule as many events as humanly possible on Sundays. it'll be like playing that "I'm not touching you" game with a younger sibling

that area in Doraville, I think it was the GM plant would have been perfect

Doraville would have been hands down the best location due to the

interstates and State Roads.

Blanks offer was around 20 mil for the property.

GM valued it at 40mil.

Both sides were too far apart on the numbers to even consider counter offers.

My conclusion is that this is a Historic Landmark.

If it is demolished, within 40 years the New Dome will be demolished

and all that will remain is a parking lot.

If left alone, the Church and Property will still be standing.

The whole thing is a very bad idea and when you consider

that an alternate build site is available, this now becomes the

dumbest proposal that you have ever seen.

"If they feel five or six million dollars makes a difference in a billion dollar project, that's their prerogative," said Hawk. Lloyd Hawk, the chairman of the board of trustees for the church.

It's that kind of attitude that lead to billion dollar bank bail outs... Hate that chit ...

Move it to the North side location.

It's close to a MARTA station while the north site is not.

Can't the folks get off of the subway and freakn walk to the "Pantheon". I know the Marta runs under the CNN building. If the existing Dome is to be turned into a parking lot then what is the difference? The north site isn't that far away is it?

Doraville would have been hands down the best location due to the

interstates and State Roads.

Blanks offer was around 20 mil for the property.

GM valued it at 40mil.

Both sides were too far apart on the numbers to even consider counter offers.

My conclusion is that this is a Historic Landmark.

If it is demolished, within 40 years the New Dome will be demolished

and all that will remain is a parking lot.

If left alone, the Church and Property will still be standing.

The whole thing is a very bad idea and when you consider

that an alternate build site is available, this now becomes the

dumbest proposal that you have ever seen.

Instead of giving 10M more to church, they should settle with GM half way through for 30M and build the new stadium in Doraville.

Can't the folks get off of the subway and freakn walk to the "Pantheon". I know the Marta runs under the CNN building. If the existing Dome is to be turned into a parking lot then what is the difference? The north site isn't that far away is it?

Probably don't need to change the lines either if you are coming from north.

From the looks of it, it's about a half a mile walk.

I don't understand this. Can someone please explain why they're so obsessed with the site on the south?

Personally, I think Kasim just wants it to have an MLK address. Build the Millenium Falcon on Ivan Allen and the Multimodal Passenger Terminal can still have an MLK address. I'm not sure how much the new MARTA station near the north site would cost, but find a way to get it done and the north site is clearly the better stadium location.