13. Vincent Jackson

14. Percy Harvin

15. Hakeem Nicks

16. Jordy Nelson

17. Michael Crabtree

18. Anquan Boldin

19. Marques Colston

20. Stevie Johnson

I showed the ones with Super Bowl rings in boldface. Says to me that you don't need a shiny hood ornament to win a Lombardi.

I showed the ones with Super Bowl rings in boldface. Says to me that you don't need a shiny hood ornament to win a Lombardi.

There is no such thing as a special formula to win a Lombardi. All a team and a FO can do is focus on making their team better.

There is no such thing as a special formula to win a Lombardi. All a team and a FO can do is focus on making their team better.

Maybe not but it's been proven time and again that you don't need the #1 receiver to win one. It think the last Super Bowl champion that had a receiver finish 1st in the league in receptions was the 1983 Raiders with Todd Christenson who was a TE and FB.

Maybe not but it's been proven time and again that you don't need the #1 receiver to win one. It think the last Super Bowl champion that had a receiver finish 1st in the league in receptions was the 1983 Raiders with Todd Christenson who was a TE and FB.

in today's NFL you have to have great Wrs especially if your defense is average to below average

Alright guys FF1970 has whined enough. Someone pack up Julio in his original packaging and help me get him to back to Walmart. Time to return him. FF1970 knows all.

Oh wait. You cant do that? His incessant whining makes no difference? Well Ill be damned.

How about top 10 or top 5 receiver? That is basically what we're talking about. The difference between the #3rd ranked and the #8th ranked isn't that much. I mean CJ stands alone at the top but the rest are all "shiny hood ornaments" too.

Is the list based on who you would rather have or career? Bc I'd take JJ and Greene over A Johnson.

Oh of course. Now were talking about future potential versus present day personal accomplishments. I just think it's much more fair to let the two young studs hit year 3 before I would put them in the top 3. Besides , year 3 is usually the breakout year for receivers. I think that would give a better gauge on what's to come.

Are we complaining about having elite receivers? I think it's clear they are not a must have piece for a Super Bowl but they are sure nice to have.

Pass rushers, road graders and run stoppers are nicer to have.

We only lost four games last year. The only thing constant in all four games was we couldn't run the ball and we got run over. How T F will a Top 5 WR fix that problem?

We only lost four games last year. The only thing constant in all four games was we couldn't run the ball and we got run over. How T F will a Top 5 WR fix that problem?

Stopped Reading after this

A good WR and good RB compliment each other. If you're say, Stephen Jackson at the Rams and their only offensive threat, they load up the box to stop him. Vice versa, lets say you're Calvin Johnson and there's no good RB to take away defenders attention then they're going to triple cover you.

We have the good WRs part down, and now hopefully Jackson is the solution to our RB problem, so now they can compliment each other nicely and give opposing defenses a big headache.

A good WR and good RB compliment each other. If you're say, Stephen Jackson at the Rams and their only offensive threat, they load up the box to stop him. Vice versa, lets say you're Calvin Johnson and there's no good RB to take away defenders attention then they're going to triple cover you.

We have the good WRs part down, and now hopefully Jackson is the solution to our RB problem, so now they can compliment each other nicely and give opposing defenses a big headache.

But they won't stop the run so they are a small part of this teams success. /purple

Stopped Reading after this

Not sure why:

@NO - 29 carries, 148 yards, 5.1 ypc and 1TD allowed. Rushed for 18 carries, 46 yards, 2.9 ypc and 0 TDs

@CAR - 32 carries, 195 yards, 6.1 ypc and 1TD allowed. Rushed for 11 carries, 35 yards, 3.2 ypc and 1 TD

TB - 30 carries, 144 yards, 4.8 ypc and 1TD allowed. Rushed for 16 carries, 65 yards, 4.1 ypc and 1 TD

SF - 29 carries, 149 yards, 5.1 ypc and 3 TDs allowed. Rushed for 23 carries, 81 yards, 3.5 ypc and 0 TDs

Now tell me again how a shiny hood ornament will fix that problem.