I'm Excited

apl2g

To see how the defense does( with or without Seymour or Abe). This will be the second year under Nolan and I'm excited to see if he can get the most out of the vets and even the younger guys who were with the team last year. I think he is a great DC and the defense should be better. Then throw in the talented rookies who , if they play at just a good level, will be an upgrade over Dunta and Owens and a hurt Grimes.

It literally dawned on me moments ago that we're going to have two rookies in our dime rotation. Not so much an "a-ha!" moment as a "oh sh*t!" moment.

I hope we can get them up to speed quick. I like Samuel as a #2 and love McClain in the nickel, but we will be as good as two wet-behind-the-ears, ankle-biting, on-the-job-learning-via-harsh-experience rookies permit us to be.

It literally dawned on me moments ago that we're going to have two rookies in our dime rotation. Not so much an "a-ha!" moment as a "oh sh*t!" moment.

I hope we can get them up to speed quick. I like Samuel as a #2 and love McClain in the nickel, but we will be as good as two wet-behind-the-ears, ankle-biting, on-the-job-learning-via-harsh-experience rookies permit us to be.

look at seattles rookies for example wagner! being a rookie dont mean a thing if ur good and got determination!

Many blind loyalists have already penciled these rooks in as shut down corners. Face it. They are rooks who will be targeted by the slate of QBs on this year's schedule. They both have already gotten lit up in mini camp. I believe they will struggle mightily. I just hope we can at least get to the playoffs and they can settle down by then and not hurt us in the second season when it counts most.

going against roddy and julio in practice should help

To see how the defense does( with or without Seymour or Abe). This will be the second year under Nolan and I'm excited to see if he can get the most out of the vets and even the younger guys who were with the team last year. I think he is a great DC and the defense should be better. Then throw in the talented rookies who , if they play at just a good level, will be an upgrade over Dunta and Owens and a hurt Grimes.

From what I saw last season Dunta and Owens actually played really well.... average does not upgrade.

Our Pass D can only downgrade IMO (unless Moore can figure out how to man a TE)

I just want our Pass rush/ Run D to improve.

From what I saw last season Dunta and Owens actually played really well.... average does not upgrade.

Our Pass D can only downgrade IMO (unless Moore can figure out how to man a TE)

I just want our Pass rush/ Run D to improve.

I may be the only mfker here that was actually puzzled to see Owens let go ...I mean, we burped and babied him along, and last year, it seems like he was finally starting to get it, was actually making progress, then after we put all that effort into him, " poof " he is gone. I actually think he will do pretty good in Cleveland ....

I may be the only mfker here that was actually puzzled to see Owens let go ...I mean, we burped and babied him along, and last year, it seems like he was finally starting to get it, was actually making progress, then after we put all that effort into him, " poof " he is gone. I actually think he will do pretty good in Cleveland ....

I actually agree, I liked him a lot more than Franks.

But I suppose Franks is too good on STs to let him go. ph34r.png

I actually agree, I liked him a lot more than Franks.

But I suppose Franks is too good on STs to let him go. ph34r.png

Could be more it had something to do with reasons beyond actual ability. I think we all know how our team works in that aspect. Maybe he wanted more than we wanted to give , maybe he started becoming frustrated in the locker room. It could be anything in Atlanta which I personally appreciate.

Could be more it had something to do with reasons beyond actual ability. I think we all know how our team works in that aspect. Maybe he wanted more than we wanted to give , maybe he started becoming frustrated in the locker room. It could be anything in Atlanta which I personally appreciate.

Yea, who the fk knows ...certainly not I, though there are plenty of mfkers here that seem to have all the answers LOL ....

I love how you didn't try and justify Franks being better.

Yea, gonna be nice to see what Alford can do, certainly cant be any worse than Franks....

If we get a return game we will be an amazing team.... if our Run D and Pass Rush is sorted out.

If we get a return game we will be an amazing team.... if our Run D and Pass Rush is sorted out.

I would never try and justify Franks being better. lol

If there is one player on this team I truly dislike it's Franks. Last year with the PRs burned me big time.

Man, SOMEBODY has to knock the living chit out of the TE at the line of scrimmage and knock him off his route, these mfkers are killing us ....I think Osi will be steady, but still we got no real studs at DE .....Nolan is going to rotate the fk out of these guys and see who pans out , gonna be a merry go round LOL ....

Dunta stepped it up but he was still the fourth best corner on the roster last year and continued to knock himself out of games with poor tacklong mechanics. If either of Trufant or Alford provide steady coverage and solid tackling we are exactly where we left off at last year. Remember Dunta was a vet but he was no lockdown corner im more upset about losing the playmaking Grimes than anything but we faired very well without him

Dunta stepped it up but he was still the fourth best corner on the roster last year and continued to knock himself out of games with poor tacklong mechanics. If either of Trufant or Alford provide steady coverage and solid tackling we are exactly where we left off at last year. Remember Dunta was a vet but he was no lockdown corner im more upset about losing the playmaking Grimes than anything but we faired very well without him

I really don't care about Grimes for the exact reason you stated we haven't really had him for a while.

Also Dunta was not the 4th best corner last season... our Dbs covering WRs were actually insane last year.

He also tackled a lot more than he should have, but that is a front 7 problem.

Man, SOMEBODY has to knock the living chit out of the TE at the line of scrimmage and knock him off his route, these mfkers are killing us ....I think Osi will be steady, but still we got no real studs at DE .....Nolan is going to rotate the fk out of these guys and see who pans out , gonna be a merry go round LOL ....

Yer agree but they are lined up too close to the Oline where we like to move around.... I really want Moore to get better at man coverage he has all the tools and if he does that we can let DeCoud roam and help our cbs (which he was great at last year).... that would make our pass D great.

I would kill for our front 7 to have the ability to stop the run however.

Gonna be a rocky road with the rook CBs though, guys here are talking like they are automatically going to just step on the field and be the second coming of Deion ....we can expect to see a few torches burning before they get in synch....

Also Dunta was not the 4th best corner last season... our Dbs covering WRs were actually insane last year.

I agree with this, the coverage was excellent last year which makes the lack of sacks/pass rush even more concerning ....and Abe was not all that great last year despite his #s, I really think Osi may be better, one of those change of scenery guys that explodes in a new environment ...him, AND Jackson ....

Many blind loyalists have already penciled these rooks in as shut down corners. Face it. They are rooks who will be targeted by the slate of QBs on this year's schedule. They both have already gotten lit up in mini camp. I believe they will struggle mightily. I just hope we can at least get to the playoffs and they can settle down by then and not hurt us in the second season when it counts most.

I haven't heard, seen, or read anyone penciling the rooks as shut down corners. I don't know what your problem is with the Falcons all you do is put them down from what I read from your post lately. And what's wrong with being a loyal fan? What's wrong with having faith in the young guys we have know? We have had Abe for several years and he proved he is not the missing link to a Super Bowl run and know you think we can't make it without him...he went missing last year well before he got hurt and the coaches saw that and parted ways. Give our team a fighting chance.

I haven't heard, seen, or read anyone penciling the rooks as shut down corners. I don't know what your problem is with the Falcons all you do is put them down from what I read from your post lately. And what's wrong with being a loyal fan? What's wrong with having faith in the young guys we have know? We have had Abe for several years and he proved he is not the missing link to a Super Bowl run and know you think we can't make it without him...he went missing last year well before he got hurt and the coaches saw that and parted ways. Give our team a fighting chance.

So we replaced him with Osi.... who went missing as well.

I get the optimism but saying our team wouldn't be improved if we somehow got Abe back in Red & Black is just wrong, he would automatically be the best pass rusher we have.

I really don't care about Grimes for the exact reason you stated we haven't really had him for a while.

He also tackled a lot more than he should have, but that is a front 7 problem.

Yer agree but they are lined up too close to the Oline where we like to move around.... I really want Moore to get better at man coverage he has all the tools and if he does that we can let DeCoud roam and help our cbs (which he was great at last year).... that would make our pass D great.

I would kill for our front 7 to have the ability to stop the run however.

Exactly, with as much abuse as our corners took last year, and some of it rightfully so, if we could have stopped Gore, we would have gone to the SB.

Exactly, with as much abuse as our corners took last year, and some of it rightfully so, if we could have stopped Gore, we would have gone to the SB.

Yep, if our front 7 took care of Gore, Willy Mo or DeCoud could have taken Davis 1 on 1 with the other providing over the top help... then we would have been fine.