Eric Winston

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution suggests free agent RT Eric Winston as a fit for the Falcons.

Winston is battling a sharply deflated right tackle market, so perhaps he'll be willing to lower his contract demands soon. He's 30 years old and has been released in each of the last two offseasons. If the Falcons can get Matt Ryan a new contract and free up a little space, adding Winston would make some sense. Unproven incumbents Mike Johnson and Lamar Holmes are set to battle for the starting right tackle job in camp.

Related: Falcons

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Jun 25 - 12:01 PM

I keep seeing stuff on Twitter about WInston to the Falcons. This must be the source.

i hate offseason speculation becoming national news.

Yeah , it's somebody at AJC knowing we have a competition going for RT so he makes up a possible story. I don't believe it because unless the guy takes vet min then it totally defeats the purpose of cutting Clabo.

Yeah , it's somebody at AJC knowing we have a competition going for RT so he makes up a possible story. I don't believe it because unless the guy takes vet min then it totally defeats the purpose of cutting Clabo.

That's what annoys me about PFT, KFFL, and Rotoworld. They report media speculation as actual news.

That's what annoys me about PFT, KFFL, and Rotoworld. They report media speculation as actual news.

I like Rotoworld posting anything to so with the team. Wether it's truth or speculation. I like to read people's opinions along with news. Plus they make sure if its speculation they don't make it out to truth. Otherwise you would never know if we are looking to sign somebody.

I actually rather throw Holmey to the wolves. The guy has the right makeup to learn on the job. That certainly doesnt mean I won't be holding my breath when Matt drops back but unlike Mularkys old dinosaur system this scheme actually benefits the o linemen now. Between the screens and the unpredictable nature of the offense with all the weapons we have I say now is as good a time as any.

Seriously doubt it, chit if we wanted Winston we could have kept Svitek much cheaper, they want to see what Holmes and Johnson can do, aint no space for Winston ....I mean why dafk did they let Clabo and Svitek walk if they were not sold on what we already got on the roster ? ....makes zero sense at all IMO ...

Seriously doubt it, chit if we wanted Winston we could have kept Svitek much cheaper, they want to see what Holmes and Johnson can do, aint no space for Winston ....I mean why dafk did they let Clabo and Svitek walk if they were not sold on what we already got on the roster ? ....makes zero sense at all IMO ...

There are many more teams in NFL who need a tackle more than the Falcons. Something must be holding up the teams.

There are many more teams in NFL who need a tackle more than the Falcons. Something must be holding up the teams.

I would be shocked if we signed Winston, he would really not do much to improve on what we got, if we did sign him we would prolly cut either Holmes or Johnson, just dont see it ...