Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Nfl Qb Rankings (2013 Version)

391 posts in this topic

My contention, backed by statistical evidence, is that Matt Ryan will produce a higher number of positive plays than Joe Flacco. Thats because hes better.

My contention, backed by statistical evidence, is that "better" QBs don't average 2 turnovers/game in their playoff career.

My contention, backed by statistical evidence, is that "better" QBs don't average 2 turnovers/game in their playoff career.

I did not know Matt Ryan's 5 year career was over yet...

bt all you have to do is look at matt ryans first three playoff appearances and then look at last yrs two games, he played better by leaps and bounds, wouldnt you agree,

His yards and TDs increased but he DID NOT improve his turnover ratio.

You cannot have 2 turnovers/game by your star QB.

I think Ryan can be legitimately ranked in the top five:

1st - regular season winning% as a starter

1st - 4th quarter comebacks

1st - game winning drives

2st - completion%

3rd - playoff winning% as a starter

3rd - ESPN.com QBR rating

3rd - pass completions

5th - NFL.com passer rating

5th - PFF overall QB rating

5th - passing TDs

5th - passing yards

2st?

Ugh that play was on Ryan. Jenkins was wide as open and Ryan was late releasing the ball. Jenkins slipped trying to stop and come back to the ball.

Disagree somewhat, because I think Jenkins should have been able to keep his feet, but doesn't change the point- Ryan was forced to take the more dangerous throw rather than dump the ball off and settle for a FG because he knew that GB was going to score every time they had the ball. He had to try and keep up.

When comparing Ryan's career to that of Flacco's, the following should be considered:

Oh and one more:

OT

_____Baltimore______________Atlanta

Year_LT_________RT_________LT_______RT

2008_J._Gaither__W.Anderson_T._Wiener_T._Clabo

2009_J._Gaither__M._Oher_____S._Baker_T._Clabo

2010_M._Oher____M._Yanda___S._Baker_T._Clabo

2011_B._McKinnie_M._Oher____S._Baker_T._Clabo

2012_B._McKinnie_M._Oher____S._Baker_T._Clabo

No, your contention is that Flacco is better than Ryan, which you've failed miserably in your attempt to prove. You simply ignore any information which doesn't fit your agenda and then pluck stats out of context, make a minor point and claim victory.

Face it, while Flacco was learning to win the the postseason, his run game and D carried him, Ryan didn't have that luxury.

This year, Flacco had an incredible run, which could easily have been curtailed in the first game, got some incredible catches from his WRs and still needed a ST TD and his D to hold the 49ers scoreless after they had a 1st and goal at the 5 late 4th quarter to win.

Ryan didn't get any of that. No CB let a WR slip by him, his D blew big leads, his WRs fell down after the ball left his hand.

If you think that Flacco is a better QB, more power to you, You can't claim it's a consensus anywhere- among fans, commentator or players- many of whom agree with me that Ryan is better. With good reason.

Here's my prediction- Ryan is going to have a great regular season and a strong postseason run. Flacco will be inconsistent in the regular season, barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round. This time next year, it'll be obvious who the better QB is.

I'll check back in Jan 14 and see how I did.

I'm done pointing out the complete lack of understanding you have about football, QB play, statistics and pretty much everything else you've yapped about.

No, your contention is that Flacco is better than Ryan, which you've failed miserably in your attempt to prove. You simply ignore any information which doesn't fit your agenda and then pluck stats out of context, make a minor point and claim victory.

Face it, while Flacco was learning to win the the postseason, his run game and D carried him, Ryan didn't have that luxury.

If Ryan is so superior he shouldn't need that luxury.
This year, Flacco had an incredible run, which could easily have been curtailed in the first game, got some incredible catches from his WRs and still needed a ST TD and his D to hold the 49ers scoreless after they had a 1st and goal at the 5 late 4th quarter to win.

Ryan didn't get any of that. No CB let a WR slip by him, his D blew big leads, his WRs fell down after the ball left his hand.

So...Flacco gets no credit, whereas Ryan gets no blame. I see.
Here's my prediction- Ryan is going to have a great regular season and a strong postseason run. Flacco will be inconsistent in the regular season, barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round. This time next year, it'll be obvious who the better QB is.

I'll check back in Jan 14 and see how I did.

Super. At this point, it would be nice just to see if Matt Ryan can actually have more TDs than turnovers in the playoffs.

If Matt Ryan cannot win a SB with Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez and Steven Jackson, regardless of your glorified regular season stats, he is a huge failure. That is one of the most talented supporting casts in the history of the NFL. Anything less than a SB victory is a failure of epic proportions. No one will have done less with more.

You're ideas on football? He made a grammatical mistake, he's obviously a no IQ'd ****tard!

By the way, the quoted post above is going into my signature when I get to the computer after work. Thanks for the laugh.

We can't all be as brilliant as your caption of the Matt Ryan picture in another thread. Surely, you had to look at that afterwards and realize how stale it was? Don't know why you'd just leave it without a change or deletion.

Don't give up your day apprenticeship.

Oorf ...lol.

The best part are who the people supporting him are. Not a good bunch when seriously looking for recognition and being taken seriously.

I can't find video of Jaws on Ryan. Anyone have a link?

I found the transcript.

Atlanta Falcons Quarterback Matt Ryan Ranked No. 5 on Jaws’ QB Countdown

Jaworski ranks Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan at No. 5. Transcribed analysis:

“Here we go – the top five. Coming in at No. 5 is Matt Ryan. Ryan has gotten better in each of his five seasons in the NFL. He has won 72 percent of his regular-season starts, and in 2012, he won his first playoff game in spectacular fashion.

“Ryan has been terrific in pressure situations throughout his five-year career. Twenty-three game-winning drives, 16 fourth quarter comebacks. The difference in 2012? Under first-year offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, the offense was restructured to feature Matt Ryan.

“Ryan threw the ball far more on first down than he had in any previous season. In fact, only two quarterbacks threw for more first down yardage than Ryan. Despite a running game than ranked 29th in the league, Ryan was outstanding off play-action with a quarterback rating of 118. Twenty-two of Ryan’s 46 completions of 20 yards or more came off play-action.

“The final point about Ryan: there are few better anticipation throwers. This completion was a great example. You see from the coaching tape when Ryan made the decision to pull the trigger. Right here, look at Julio Jones; he had not even begun to make his inside break.

“Ryan had his best season in 2012. He’s now a veteran quarterback at the top of his game. Can he move up from No. 5? If he can take the Falcons a step further in the playoffs, I wouldn’t rule it out.”

Firstiary likes this

How utterly emotionally conflicting it must be for one to be pulling for the Falcons team while simultaneously pulling against the Falcons QB for the singular purpose of hoping for any opportunity to rip him on a message board.

How fun it must be to watch a Falcons game with him or her yelling "Go Falcons...throw an interception, Matt!"