Battlefield 4 Is 60 Fps, 64 Players On Next Gen Consoles

DICE is giving the "full Battlefield experience" to next gen consoles.

Buy the next-generation version of Battlefield 4 and you'll get the "full Battlefield experience", developer DICE has told Eurogamer.

The Swedish developer has used the PC version of the game, which as Battlefield 3 players know features huge 64-player battles and, if your computer is up to it, 60 frames per second visuals, as the target for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4, due out later this year.

Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One includes 64-player battles and 60fps visuals, unlike the console versions of Battlefield 3 and the current-gen versions of Battlefield 4.

Battlefield executive producer Patrick Bach said getting the next-gen versions of Battlefield 4 to 60fps was a priority for the development team because it wanted to recreate the PC experience in the living room.

"We have a very complicated game with a lot of moving parts," Bach said. "We had to decide, yes, we will do this in 60fps. Everything else is secondary. We know the game is great when you have 64 players and destruction, and if we could get what we had on PC for a long time in your living room with a pad, wouldn't that be amazing? That's what we're aiming for."

The extra horsepower of the next-gen consoles has allowed DICE to up the player count to 64 for multiplayer, matching the PC version. Current-gen players, however, are stuck with 24.

"They [next-gen console players] will experience another level of chaos they haven't seen before," Bach said. "12 versus 12, you can keep track of quite a few people, but only so many. When you get to 32 versus 32, that's when it becomes hard to keep track of the other team, when it feels like there are more things going on than just around me and what I can control.

"That's the experience we always wanted to get to with the consoles without sacrificing the other core pillars of the franchise."

64-player multiplayer and 60fps means next-gen console players are "getting the full Battlefield experience", Bach said.

"It lies in the title: Battlefield. You want it to feel like a proper war and that the things that are happening on the map, even though you're not a part of the battle, you can see the battle going on and you can choose to go to this other fight than the fight I'm just in. When you have 32 versus 32, that's when that starts to happen for real."

More to read in the link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-21-battlefield-4-dev-dice-on-commander-mode-and-the-importance-of-60fps

On my PS4 preorder list for sure. Gonna put Ghosts to shame, but sadly I think most of my friends are going to just keep playing COD. The ones who have preordered a PS4 have only preordered Ghosts for it... which I don't get at all, just play it for free on PS3, it's gonna be the same **** game.

On my PS4 preorder list for sure. Gonna put Ghosts to shame, but sadly I think most of my friends are going to just keep playing COD. The ones who have preordered a PS4 have only preordered Ghosts for it... which I don't get at all, just play it for free on PS3, it's gonna be the same **** game.

I've never understood that. I've met alot of COD players who admit its the same crap all the time now and that they KNOW BF is better but they continue to buy and play COD.

I've never understood that. I've met alot of COD players who admit its the same crap all the time now and that they KNOW BF is better but they continue to buy and play COD.

People buy it out of habit now. For many, it's the only online game they play and all of their friends are getting it so they feel like they have to as well. Same principle for Madden.

Most games are recycled pretty badly these days, but that's been happening even way back in PS1 era it's just so bad now because of COD.

Assassin's Creed could certainly be better than Ubisoft is making it. Heck I haven't play an AC game beyond the 2nd, but from what I hear none were as revolutionary to the series as 2 was, and even 3 people were put off by the glitches which by now I know are fixed, and now with AC4 they want the series to DIE! in the worse way.

AC4 actually looks pretty good imo.

COD at this point I'm afraid just isn't going to change much because it is what it is based on the formula it follows. Maybe it will see something significant when it starts fading in popularity, but not before.

Honestly there isn't a lot of room for innovation in first person shooters. It's been an over saturated genre for years. They are still fun, but I really really hope to see other genres thrive in this next gen.

This actually used to be me. I loved COD but after MW3 I got really sick of it. Black Ops 2 is complete crap in my opinion and I'm sure Ghost will be the same **** again as well. I will watch my friends play it and I will look at some game footage. But I'm a BF guy now.

AC4 actually looks pretty good imo.

COD at this point I'm afraid just isn't going to change much because it is what it is based on the formula it follows. Maybe it will see something significant when it starts fading in popularity, but not before.

Honestly there isn't a lot of room for innovation in first person shooters. It's been an over saturated genre for years. They are still fun, but I really really hope to see other genres thrive in this next gen.

Even though it does people are actually getting sick of it. There isn't much more room to go especiall now they've adopted the yearly release COD syndrome.

I loved COD4 MW (1) and Black ops, but they keep implementing bad ideas into the game trying to make it new. The whole draw to COD is the simplicity and rapid pace action. I understand the draw to it over battlefield because battlefield is more team based. It also is a lot more complex and not as quick to get good at. Personally I love battlefield because you can knock down walls, flank people, and be more strategic. Battlefield has always been the superior game, but if COD Ghost went back to the basics I'd probably buy it and play it and battlefield 4. If it's just like MW3 or BOPS2 then I'm not going near that game lol.