Thomas Dimitroff Respected As A Nfl "power Broker"

This article is based off the article by Gil Brandt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213601/article/bill-belichick-ted-thompson-headline-nfls-top-power-brokers?campaign=Twitter_writers_brandt

6) Thomas Dimitroff, general manager, Atlanta Falcons

Dimitroff is a different kind of cat, but he does his job well. He was regarded as a good talent evaluator before taking the GM job, and it turned out to be an accurate perception. He drafted Matt Ryan third overall in 2008, even though a lot of folks thought Ryan wasn't worthy of the pick. He traded for Tony Gonzalez when the tight end was considered to be on the downside of his career -- and the veteran turned out to be a key member of the team. He also pulled off a blockbuster trade in the 2011 NFL Draft to land receiver Julio Jones. It's said that he'll solicit the opinions of others in the Falconsorganization, but when it comes to final decisions, he's the man who makes them. Dimitroff is willing to try new technologies in an attempt to improve his risk-reward ratio.

Our very own Comrade, selected as the Sporting News Executive of the Year twice in his brief five-year career, is sixth on Brandt's list. Dimitroff is a skilled evaluator of talent, he's not afraid to make big moves, like the blockbuster trade to draft wide receiver Julio Jones, and he's willing to take chances on free agents if he feels like their veteran presence can enhance Atlanta's chances for success. Sometimes it works out--look at Tony Gonzalez--and sometimes it doesn't--Ray Edwards, ugh--but Dimitroff has had more hits than misses through the draft and free agency in his brief career.

I think that is fair. I am sure a certain small group of people will come in and spout a bunch of dumb nicknames and cry about it though.

I think its a silly point all around built by opinions. I like TD and Ozzie the best and I'm not sure how this person has Ozzie that low, but whatever. Who cares? Rings matter, hype doesn't.

She put Ozzie second behind Bill B. It was the NFL article which had Ozzie at 5.

She put Ozzie second behind Bill B. It was the NFL article which had Ozzie at 5.

Yeah, I read the article. Wish I could have my 5 minutes back. Like I said, I'm done with those articles. I'm watching this year's season to evaluate if I will continue watching NFL football. Just like that article, the league is looking more geared towards fantasy sports.

Yeah, I read the article. Wish I could have my 5 minutes back. Like I said, I'm done with those articles. I'm watching this year's season to evaluate if I will continue watching NFL football. Just like that article, the league is looking more geared towards fantasy sports.

what-the-fuck-tom-delonge-gif.gif

If Nanny Roger Goodwell keeps up his BS I will join you .....if they eliminate kickoffs, or shove a few more " safety " rules down our throats, that will be the end for me as well ....