Roddy, Julio Took Alford And Trufant To Woodshed: Pics

falcons007

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought management only traded up in the first for special players. I don't see anything special here.

Really? Its called practice and rookies need to learn as much as possible. Julio and Roddy made lot of CB look silly last year. They will get better going against RW and JJ through out the camp.

Tru and Alford looked just like our opponents last year. We needed a burn unit standing by the way Julio torched everyone including the 49'ers. We lost but it was not Julio's fault.

Yeah, no doubt about it. Trufant, said it himslef about being humbled by these guys. They will have to fight hard to compete with Roddy and Julio, which makes it easier when they play other teams.

Really? Its called practice and rookies need to learn as much as possible. Julio and Roddy made lot of CB look silly last year. They will get better going against RW and JJ through out the camp.

Redskins traded a fortune to nab RGIII. When their practice reports came out RGIII was supposedly "wowing". Is it harmful for me not to expect something spectacular from a rookie we traded up 8 spots for?

Redskins traded a fortune to nab RGIII. When their practice reports came out RGIII was supposedly "wowing". Is it harmful for me not to expect something spectacular from a rookie we traded up 8 spots for?

RGIII is a QB and a Second over all pick. Trufant was picked 22nd. Julio was wowing people because he was picked way up high. Rookie CB against the top WR duo in the NFL in camp is great way to teach these rookies. Even the best CB couldn't handle RW and JJ.

Trufant and Alford are rookies and are in mini-camp going up against 2 of the best WRs in the NFL.

Give them time.

Alford was never drafted to be a day one starter. Trufant was. NFL kickoff is in 74 days. Buddy better get his @ss in gear.

RGIII is a QB and a Second over all pick. Trufant was picked 22nd. Julio was wowing people because he was picked way up high. Rookie CB against the top WR duo in the NFL in camp is great way to teach these rookies. Even the best CB couldn't handle RW and JJ.

I don't care about handling RW or JJ. That's impossible for a rookie. Just make a play or two, show something. Even Alford made a play on the ball against Roddy.

RG3 went 2nd overall and as a rookie practiced against a not that good secondary.

Trufant went 22nd overall and is a rookie CB who is battling 2 top 10 WRs in minicamp.

That is a significant difference in talent level for a rookie.

I don't care about handling RW or JJ. That's impossible for a rookie. Just make a play or two, show something. Even Alford made a play on the ball against Roddy.

Grimes got burnt in the camp last year, so did Asante. Whats your point? There aren't lot of CB in the NFL who can shut down RW and JJ. This is practice, I rather have them get beat and get better in the camp than in the real games. They will get beat in the games, but which CB doesn't get beat in the NFL.

Right. It's almost as if one of them just showed up to practice or something. Oh, wait.

Grimes got burnt in the camp last year, so did Asante. Whats your point? There aren't lot of CB in the NFL who can shut down RW and JJ. This is practice, I rather have them get beat and get better in the camp than in the real games. They will get beat in the games, but which CB doesn't get beat in the NFL.

Just not impressed. It doesn't really matter though, plenty of time for buddy to get his @ss in gear. Carry on.

I love the experience those two will get day in and day out going against two top-7 wideout's; however, I hope they get some time against the second unit too. Confidence is a fickle thing and it will be valuable for them to get some reps against. lesser skilled receivers. I am certain they are and as such not worried about their growth. But they will make mistakes this year so it's best to have that mindset going into the season. Week one will be as tough an inauguration into the NFL as a cornerback can have. Can't wait.