2013 Fantasy Football Outlook

There are a lot of smart people here. I thought it would be fun to discuss your must have players, players you wont touch, and sleepers. MY league is an auction and I am thinking freeman may be a bargain especially if you can snag v jackson. Also roddy or julio? I think roddy may give you a better value because everyone has taken notice of Julio.

Guys I like this year:

QB

RG3 - I think the value will be solid. And I think you can easily get a very productive security blanket in late rounds. A guy like Big Ben or Eli would provide insurance for low cost.

Ryan Tannehill is a guy that I'm considering for a long-term keeper/dynasty league. There some volume passer potential there.

RB

Jamaal Charles should thrive in Reid's system

Lesean McCoy seems undervalued

Giovani Bernard is the Rookie RB i expect to have the biggest impact

I like Andre Brown as a lottery ticket

TE

After Graham and Gonzo/Witten, this is gonna be wide open. I'm particularly interested in Martellus Bennett, Jared Cook and Brandon Myers as viable options.

WR

Randall Cobb

Julio

Chris Givens is a guy that might have a blow up season. Not like a WR1 season but def a serviceable #2 type guy.

Defenses

TB

Wat ? underperformed his ADP lol He was 2nd in QB points

14 PTs better then Brady

38 PTs better then Manning

56 PTs better then Ryan

he was the unquestioned #1 qb and taken in the top 5 99% of the time. yes, he underperformed his adp greatly when late 2nd rounder brees scored ahead of him? and wtf format are you using? him and brady scored the same amount of points.

Edit: Oh, you're probably using 6 points per passing TD. A format that greatly inflates everything QB that just about nobody uses anymore. Anything to try and make your boy look better, rofl..

Edited by JulioisCoolio

nobody uses Any more ? who the **** uses 4pts for TD for QB ?

6 PTs TD

-2 int

Your looking at Brees over performing his value as indictment on Rodgers when that is far the case Rodgers still held his value as 2nd most fantasy points .

Rodgers is best fantasy QB and worth a top 7 pick

7 games of 15 points or under. A LOT of teams lost their league because their #2 pick **** the bed for half of the season and inflated his stats in a 6 TD game. You know how many games Brees had that were 15 points or under? 3. You know how many Brady had? 3. You know how many Ryan had? 5.

Take Rodgers wee wee out of your back side.

6 PTs TD

-2 int

Your looking at Brees over performing his value as indictment on Rodgers when that is far the case Rodgers still held his value as 2nd most fantasy points .

A lot of standards set it at 4 points these days. The quarterbacks are throwing 40 TDs easy, if you give 6 points it severely hurts any player who happens to miss out on a top quarterback.

A lot of standards set it at 4 points these days. The quarterbacks are throwing 40 TDs easy, if you give 6 points it severely hurts any player who happens to miss out on a top quarterback.

Must be an awesomely fun draft watching it go QB QB QB QB QB QB QB RB RB QB

Nobody uses 6 points per passing TD anymore. Dude just has a very tiny boner for Rodgers.

Only 1 QB goes in round 1 and that's Rodgers

I don't play with dummies in FF

Rodgers is worth a first round pick if you follow it up with rb and rb .Rodgers can win weeks literally by himself .GTFO with that nonsense

rodgers literally had 1 more 30+ point game than matt ryan. wasnt doing too much winning on his own last year now was he?

Guest King Jigsaw

Also Rodgers played without Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson for most of season and still threw for 7 more TDs then Ryan ... haaaa

You think the reason for that is maybe because when Atlanta got near the goal line they had Michael Turner and Green Bay had..

With the questionable status of Gronk and Hernandez in New England, former Buffalo Bill WR Donald Jones becomes quite interesting.

I think Gronk will be fine, AH, not so much, Ballard is the TE to watch

Edited by citsalp

6 PTs TD

-2 int

Most money leagues use 4pt's per TD, regarding QB TD's thrown. Been under a rock?

Only 1 QB goes in round 1 and that's Rodgers

I don't play with dummies in FF

Rodgers is worth a first round pick if you follow it up with rb and rb .Rodgers can win weeks literally by himself .GTFO with that nonsense

They probably don't play in leagues as big as ours. Godgers ain't that important when you have studs at every position.

In our league tho, yeah Godgers can, has, and will win games by himself.

Guest King Jigsaw

Matt Ryan pass attempts inside the red zone -87

Aaron Rodgers pass attempts inside the red zone -66

your turn

I said "near the goal line" and you provide red zone stats? Why not provide stats from inside the 5 where the ball is going to be put in a RB's hands like I said? How many times have the Packers dropped Rodgers back and thrown inside the 5? We know how much he loves that little corner throw to Jordy Nelson. You can throw out manipulative and misleading stats all you want. I could bring up the fact that some of those throws inside the red zone for Matt are screens and shovels. Either way, your post was stupid. You can't deny Michael Turner's tendency to have double-digit rushing TD's for Atlanta year in and year out and that's what makes your red zone passing stat irrelevant. Rodgers leans on his receivers to get in the endzone more than Ryan does because of the presence of a back like Turner. Not to mention Rodgers will take off and run it in himself more than Ryan will, which will also decrease his passing numbers.

Your turn, I guess. Though I doubt you're going to have anything worth-while to say.

Guest King Jigsaw

You do know if Ryan throws a screen or shovel pass it counts for Ryan passing TD LOL

Again just cause we had one primary runner that does goal line work doesn't mean GB didnt try to run it in they did . Also factor in Rodgers had way less TOTAL pass attempts then Ryan

You also know GB likes to hand the ball off to Kuhn down near goal line as well

GB total running TDs -9..2 of Rodgers

ATL total running TDs -12... 1 of Ryan

That's my point, you daft c unt. 'LOL' You post an irrelevant stat of MR's passing in the red zone. I say that is inflated by the shovels and screens that we were known for running down in that area of the field. If you can not keep up with a concept as simple as that, what are you even doing arguing in this thread?

Again, you like to bring up things that have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic. Green Bay had more passing TDs. Atlanta had more rushing TDs. This is common sense, which seems to evade you. Matt Ryan had more passing attempts because with the o-line performing like they did and Turner's wheels falling off, we had to pass to move the ball at all. Any Falcon fan will attest to these things. Even still, NEAR THE GOAL LINE (I stress because you don't seem to be able to follow simple ideas such as this) the Falcons were still able to put a worn down RB into the endzone behind their lackluster offensive line. When you can still do that, you don't need to throw for TDs.