How Many Nfl Teams Do You Have?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say it makes you ineligible..I just don't understand it..just hometown pride I guess..all my teams are Georgia teams so I just don't get it..probably like the people in Wisconsin don't get you w the Falcons..lol

I never got into the hometown pride, I think my uncles being completely obnoxious a-holes about the Packers completely turned me off. I pull for the Badgers but I don't really care about certain teams for the most part, just like to see good games. I guess I've always been an "against the grain" sort of guy so not rooting for the Packers was right in my wheel house. I can find something to hate about every other team in the NFL, and if they could all go 0-16 I'd be stoked.

Actually, most people don't get too bad about it, I moved away from my uncles so I don't have to deal with the hardcore cheeseheads anymore. I actually had a guy I got to know through work who is a Bucs fan so that was another rare Wisconsin find. I've also gotten to the point when the Falcons play the Packers my wife will cheer for the Falcons. Not sure if she actually wants the Falcons to win or doesn't want to deal with me sinking into my week long football induced depression :)

Me and my friend get a kick out of people. Living I ut where theres not a home there's a lot of diversity in fan base. A lot of donco fans and niners though. Every year I hear people saying well my 2nd favorite team is or they're my 2nd favorite.....

I'm like well i really like the falcons and my second favorite is probably.....uh...um the FALCONS and my third is the FALCONS and my fourth! you can't have two teams. Unless you really aren't a true fan of one I guess.

Guest King Jigsaw

I don't see a problem with pulling for two teams. If its not like the falcons and saints, then I don't think it's a big deal. The falcons will always be my number 1 team no matter what. I also like the Patriots and how they've set up a dynasty of sorts so I call them 'my AFC team'. If anyone asks me what's my team it's the Falcons, but I will pull for the Patriots to beat any of the other 30 teams in the league. Every year my Super Bowl picks are Falcons vs. Patriots. So far I have yet to be right..

Edited by King Jigsaw

I'm from the Pacific Northwest, if the Falcons disappeared today... My new team would either be the Seahawks or the 49ers. But, I don't currently like them now or any other team besides the Falcons. I'm a Falcons fan only, but an NFL fan as well. I'll watch every Sunday night game and Monday night game regardless of who's playing.

Guest King Jigsaw

I don't agree with everyone that says there's only one reason to like a team. Just because you live in New Orleans doesn't mean you should be proud of and support an organization as terrible as the Saints. If I met a Falcons fan in Cleveland I would be intrigued and appreciative, not harassing him for not liking the Browns. There are a lot of reasons to like a team. I'm a Georgia boy and I love the Falcons but I hate the Bulldogs and that surprises and baffles so many people.

I don't agree with everyone that says there's only one reason to like a team. Just because you live in New Orleans doesn't mean you should be proud of and support an organization as terrible as the Saints. If I met a Falcons fan in Cleveland I would be intrigued and appreciative, not harassing him for not liking the Browns. There are a lot of reasons to like a team. I'm a Georgia boy and I love the Falcons but I hate the Bulldogs and that surprises and baffles so many people.

some people think that you're only suppose to support the local or state team because you live in a particular state and because they think it's what you should do because they do and that's just plain stupid. I remember someone made a thread a few months back, same subject and a few guys wanted to get upset because I don't support the braves or hawks. It was a thread about Atlanta finally being a sports town or whatever. I have no reason to cheer for the braves or hawks. True, I'm not from Atlanta yet I live in the state but the Falcons are the ONLY team that I will ever root for in this state

Guest King Jigsaw

One team only.

Don't understand how you can possibly support two NFL teams.

It's a tiered thing, you have to prioritize them. Falcons over everything but 99/100 times the Patriots don't affect the falcons so I don't think it's a big deal. This year I will be pulling for the Patriots every week but 2: when they play the Falcons in the regular season, and when they play the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

I like this post! I live in Portland OR, and the Falcons have been my team since I was a little kid.

Guest King Jigsaw

I like this post! I live in Portland OR, and the Falcons have been my team since I was a little kid.

Thanks, brother. I just don't agree with saying that only people who live in Georgia can be Falcons fans. Sure, the majority of Falcons fans are in this state, but if someone from Boston likes Ice and wanted to follow his career and became a Falcons fan, I welcome him to the fanbase with open arms.

I tend to root for the Raiders when were not playing them. I do that on account that my Fiances father(God rest his soul) was a Raiders fan and I do it in his memory. Other then that I bleed red and black and will always be a Falcons fan.