Umenyiora Sees Quick Maturation For Young Des

falcons007

http://www.atlantafa...utm_source=t.co

Quoting some parts...

Since joining the Falcons in the offseason, Osi Umenyiora has quickly shown the rest of Atlanta’s young defensive ends what it means to be a professional pass rusher in the NFL. After seeing his new teammates at the recent minicamp, he shared some favorable feelings.

This isn’t Osi Umenyiora’s first time at the leadership table. After spending 10 seasons in New York, Umenyiora knows what it takes to lead a highly effective defensive line, all the way to a Super Bowl championship.

That Super Bowl pedigree may have had something to do with the decision by the Falcons in the offseason to add Umenyiora to the team. It may also have to do with the two-time Pro Bowler’s career production. Or, it could have something to do with the type of leadership he’s displayed since joining the Falcons.

“They’re maturing,” Umenyiora said. “They’re maturing very, very fast. Malliciah (Goodman) is a good player. (Jonathan) Massaquoi is very good also. These are going to be tremendous football players in this league.”

He has come from new York where some of the best pass rushers are from

He said in an interview, that Michael Strahan taught him when he first came to the NFL, and will be happy to give some of that to the young guys here. I hope the young guys learn some of that Michael Strahan wisdom in pass rush.

He said in an interview, that Michael Strahan taught him when he first came to the NFL, and will be happy to give some of that to the young guys here. I hope the young guys learn some of that Michael Strahan wisdom in pass rush.

Pretty cool he is helping the young guys. Sometimes that can be better than coaching.

Pretty cool he is helping the young guys. Sometimes that can be better than coaching.

Yeah, young guys look up to the vet players, sometimes you can't ask the coaches everything. I always respected Mike Peterson, Todd McClure and Roddy White for taking the young guys under their wings. Konz said repeatedly about McClure helping him out in the beginning and we all know Roddy and Tony helping Julio.

Loving what I'm hearing about Osi and Jackson this offseason. Osi seems more like a vocal leader, while Jackson seems to more lead by example. And that really suits what we need...Osi helping the young guys on the D-line, while Jackson really doesn't need to be that guy for the offense. They both just seem to be fitting into their roles on this team really well, and both have a great work ethic and attitude.

I have a guy feeling this is going to be the best Falcons team of All-time feeling that superbowl and I try to keep it real but I really think this is the year

Yeah, RT on OL is a big unknown and the DL has lot of young guys. Except that, the team is pretty good at starting positions.

Loving what I'm hearing about Osi and Jackson this offseason. Osi seems more like a vocal leader, while Jackson seems to more lead by example. And that really suits what we need...Osi helping the young guys on the D-line, while Jackson really doesn't need to be that guy for the offense. They both just seem to be fitting into their roles on this team really well, and both have a great work ethic and attitude.

I could not agree more..

Time shall tell though!

We just gotta put that all together this year!

I have a guy feeling this is going to be the best Falcons team of All-time feeling that superbowl and I try to keep it real but I really think this is the year

I'm more worried about the O line than anything!

We have an unproven and lacking of "game experience" O line, that HAS to protect Matt!

I believe our D should be "good enough" again to win us a division title!

Edited by Mr. Derrty Bird

We have an unproven and lacking of "game experience" O line, that HAS to protect Matt!

I hear ya man but that's the great thing about Jackson, better screens, play-action, and pass blocking that helps a o-line big time I think the big thing missing on the line is leadership

I'm not I think Pat Hill has a handle on this much like Mike Nolan has a handle on how the defense will play this year when in doubt I look at coaching what we have is very good So to me while inexpereince can be an issue I believe in our coaches.

That's not exactly true. It kinda is so no slam here. But we have a 6 year vet in Baker , 7 year vet in Blalock, a 2nd year vet who started as a rookie in Konz and a 5 year vet with both starting and game experience in Reynolds , and Johnson who is a 4 year vet with game experience. You're right if Holmes starts he has what one game with a few snaps, but even he is a second year vet who "redshirted" a year learning behind Clabo. We actually have a pretty vet and experienced OL.

I'm not I think Pat Hill has a handle on this much like Mike Nolan has a handle on how the defense will play this year when in doubt I look at coaching what we have is very good So to me while inexpereince can be an issue I believe in our coaches.

I hope so.

That's not exactly true. It kinda is so no slam here. But we have a 6 year vet in Baker , 7 year vet in Blalock, a 2nd year vet who started as a rookie in Konz and a 5 year vet with both starting and game experience in Reynolds , and Johnson who is a 4 year vet with game experience. You're right if Holmes starts he has what one game with a few snaps, but even he is a second year vet who "redshirted" a year learning behind Clabo. We actually have a pretty vet and experienced OL.

That is true, I should've worded it different.

I meant, I hope they play well together with the new pieces on the line.

The main thing is keep Matt standing, without him no SB!