Quick Question About A Tampa Restaurant

kmbutts

JB or others in the Tampa area...My wife is taking me to Bern's Steakhouse as a graduation celebration. I always ask the locals about a place rather than reading someone's review. Any thoughts???

Sorry, But I've been moving the last few days and just got my internet hooked back up. Burn's is a World renown restaurant! Pretty expensive, but the best steak you'll ever have. Back when I ran my business, one of the guys that worked for me had a brother who worked there as a waiter. He always took care of us. The minute we sat down, he'd have a margarita at the table for my wife and a small pot of some of the best coffee I've ever tasted waiting for us. You have to train for 2 years to be a dining room waiter @ Burn's. I'm going back a few years, but they use to grow 90%of their own vegetables, and their seafood was so fresh, they had 3 900 gallon aquariums keeping their Grouper & Snapper alive. Ask your waiter to give you a tour of the facilities! You could just about eat off the floor of their kitchen! They also have a wine cellar that would give most any Frenchman serious wood.

Enjoy, and let me know how it was.

Sorry, But I've been moving the last few days and just got my internet hooked back up. Burn's is a World renown restaurant! Pretty expensive, but the best steak you'll ever have. Back when I ran my business, one of the guys that worked for me had a brother who worked there as a waiter. He always took care of us. The minute we sat down, he'd have a margarita at the table for my wife and a small pot of some of the best coffee I've ever tasted waiting for us. You have to train for 2 years to be a dining room waiter @ Burn's. I'm going back a few years, but they use to grow 90%of their own vegetables, and their seafood was so fresh, they had 3 900 gallon aquariums keeping their Grouper & Snapper alive. Ask your waiter to give you a tour of the facilities! You could just about eat off the floor of their kitchen! They also have a wine cellar that would give most any Frenchman serious wood.

Thanks for the review, and I will surely let you know what my experience was like!

Nah....last time I ate there, the wings had me on the toilet for 2 days straight!

I'm with this guy, I rarely eat fried foods and went with my friends to eat wings at Hooters and spent half the night between toilet and tub, sitting in hot water in tub made the stomach ache more bearable.

Just looked up the prices and I was like blink.png. How do much do you averagely shell out in there?

Just looked up the prices and I was like blink.png. How do much do you averagely shell out in there?

Depends on whether or not you like the wine. If you add some good wine and go upstairs to the desert room. You're looking at over $200.00 for 2 people easy. We've dropped $500.00 on meals their in the past. It's definitely a "special occasion" type restaurant. I use to eat there often back in the 80's & 90's when I was making the $$ to afford it. You will not find a better steak anywhere. All their beef is aged quite a long time and it literally melts in your mouth. I know people with relatively weak stomachs that can't eat their aged beef. They can cook non-aged meat in virtually any cut offered, but it's not nearly as tender, or tasty.

Depends on whether or not you like the wine. If you add some good wine and go upstairs to the desert room. You're looking at over $200.00 for 2 people easy. We've dropped $500.00 on meals their in the past. It's definitely a "special occasion" type restaurant. I use to eat there often back in the 80's & 90's when I was making the $$ to afford it. You will not find a better steak anywhere. All their beef is aged quite a long time and it literally melts in your mouth. I know people with relatively weak stomachs that can't eat their aged beef. They can cook non-aged meat in virtually any cut offered, but it's not nearly as tender, or tasty.

Hah def not a first date destination. One day will visit this place when I'm banking.

JB or others in the Tampa area...My wife is taking me to Bern's Steakhouse as a graduation celebration. I always ask the locals about a place rather than reading someone's review. Any thoughts???

WARNING: It will ruin every steak you ever eat again in your lifetime!!!

I get to go once a year and I count down the days. Sometimes I cry when I order a steak elsewhere, and I close my eyes while I'm chewing just to think about me eating there.

You're going to spend some money there. My suggestion is don't even look at the pricing and just enjoy the moment.