Josh Freeman Will Be 'content' If He Has To Leave Bucs

JabooAlwaysWins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213790/article/josh-freeman-will-be-content-if-he-has-to-leave-bucs

I really don't want him to go..he's the best QB the Bucs ever had even with the inconsistency. He just need to up ante his accuracy and stop being a numbskull. I hope he gets a revitalization like how Eli or Drew Brees had...he's only 25 yrs old and still have a ton of potential. If he leaves, the Bucs have no one to replace him.

Guest fibonacci

yeah for 2nd string though, I doubt he'll be our starter even if Freeman ends up leaving.

That's my thoughts.

Furthermore, I doubt if they let the guy go in 2014

Freeman is in a bad boat and its not all his fault.

The GM was a tight wad and with Morris they total rebuilt the team. Not building any depth at all. then after a few injuries they had to pull people off the street holding cardboard signs "will play for food". But who was also coach of the year before that.

Lets not for get this is the South who also has Brees Ryan and Cam to set a bar against. So every year he is under stiff compition just to get a WC spot.

But back to Morris. He loses the locker room. With a tight wad owner who wouldnt spend a dime to help him fix the team. Almost like the owner set him up to fail.

Fire Morris and brinf in some hard nose college coach who wants to run a power scheme in a passing NFL. Who still thinks ctrashing the line is a good idea. But on the bright side the owner opened his pockets to bring in some help.

So enter a few HUGE name free agents costing a boat load of cash and what do you have? Injuries to those players.

So another offseason and even more money spent and even bigger name freeagents brought in.

Who is under the gun. No one else but long time QB who has years to prove he is legit. Freeman. Even if all goes well he is up against some stacked teams in the South. Who had loaded the top 100 with different players and future HOF`ers.

But Freeman is kinda like Ryan. They system says he will never have Brees type numbers as long as they can run the ball. So no matter how good Freeman does credit will always be given to RB`s or WR or Cb`s or someone else for wins. He is just the guy who hands it off.

1 thing fans dont seem to understand is the concept of practice. Practice = reps. If you practice running the ball all the time. When you need to pass it wont be perfect.

Brees doesnt only practice passing but his play book is filled with passing plays. So Freeman in all his years probably hasnt had as many reps as Brees in just 1 season.

But the Boom is about to come down on him. I doubt he has a hard time finding a job. He will likely be a starter. But his days with the bucs maybe numbered. Its gotta suck when you know QB`s are the bread winners of the NFL and yet your owner is willing to pay everyone else but you. Even if he pays you it will be long term chump change vs the big name QB`s.

Poor Freeman. He's not as bad as people make him out.

If he does leave and manages to land on a well run team he'll definitely make some noise. but, the Bucs should make some noise this year, if so he won't have to worry.

Edited by NYG4

I said it before and I'll say it again. freeman is not the type of QB that can carry a team on his back through-out and entire season a few games here and there, sure.

Christ, he had Martin and Blount behind him and a monster offensive line in front of him and still had a losing record last season.

I think what you see out of Freeman now, is what you'll see out of Freeman in 5 years, if he's still in the NFL that is.

I said it before and I'll say it again. freeman is not the type of QB that can carry a team on his back through-out and entire season a few games here and there, sure.

Christ, he had Martin and Blount behind him and a monster offensive line in front of him and still had a losing record last season.

I think what you see out of Freeman now, is what you'll see out of Freeman in 5 years, if he's still in the NFL that is.

worst pass defense that gave up 30+ points and 300+ yds a game doesn't help...the losses we've had were less by 8 points..discounting against NO. He's the reason we were able to come back and have a chance..not cuz of our RBs(though they helped a lot).

Edited by TheRedBarron

Did you really go there, there???

Todd Mclure should have retired after 2010. He was getting steamrolled the entire season and ohh yeah, he snapped the ball early on that lost fumble in the NFCCG.

you guys were 11th in points given up in the league were 23rd... in the NFCCG you guys were up 17-0 and the 49ers scored 14 in the 2nd half...what happened to Ryan and Co?

I like Freeman, I think he needs a better scheme to maximize his strengths and limit his weaknesses. That being said, V Jackson was a great pick up and the Muscle Hamster is legit. Shore up the D and I think we see a different Free!