Friendship Baptist Rejects Atlanta's $13.5 Million Offer For Stadium Site

Mega Flare

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell them their lucky they don't pay taxes. That $13.5 million is a lot more to them than it is to a normal business. Shameful.

It's a dozen times the church's value. If they were really what they are supposed to be they'd take the deal and do some good with it.

This is a church in a poor community. That money could do so much good, and they are playing hardball. They won't get $20 million +. They are going to lose an opportunity to do some good.

What have we learned? They don't give a crap about their community, nor their city.

Guest fibonacci

I hope they don't pay them a dime now.

And now i know why i hate churches. It's no longer for the sick... It's for the **** greedy.

Guest fibonacci

Tell them their lucky they don't pay taxes. That $13.5 million is a lot more to them than it is to a normal business. Shameful.

It's a dozen times the church's value. If they were really what they are supposed to be they'd take the deal and do some good with it.

I hope they don't pay them a dime now.

And now i know why i hate churches. It's no longer for the sick... It's for the **** greedy.

You have no idea how much I am biting my tongue.

lol u cant just give the government whatever they want at their price if you have a chance at getting your price. i cant believe how many of you are siding with the government on this over a sound business decision by the church

There is sound business and there is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

This sounds more like the latter to me.

lol u cant just give the government whatever they want at their price if you have a chance at getting your price. i cant believe how many of you are siding with the government on this over a sound business decision by the church

You say that, but there is an alternate site, they have little leverage, and this was a gift. They were offered more out of respect. If this were some Joe Schmoe small business, that's another story. Nobody is going to offer someone 12 times their worth to move besides a freaking church.

Imminent domain their arse.

You say that, but there is an alternate site, they have little leverage, and this was a gift. They were offered more out of respect. If this were some Joe Schmoe small business, that's another story. Nobody is going to offer someone 12 times their worth to move besides a freaking church.

Imminent domain their arse.

Their church is worth whatever they say it's worth. Imminent domain... You mean steal?

seems like they arent keen on moving anyway though but if they do it will be at their price. i'm ok with it whether it be a church or a fish store. its a rare opportunity to sell to a government that if the tables were turned wouldnt budge an inch on their price. maybe its more of me rooting for the little guy but i hope they get close to their price