Top 100 Ryan #17 Flacco #19

Willy Mo

taking a peek at the top 100. ryan got in higher than flacco. as you would imagine, TATF is grinning and is most likely going to use this as some sort of "proof" that ryan is better than flacco.

IMO, flacco is a better QB than ryan. a bunch of guys sitting at a desk on TV making a paper list isn't going to change my opinion at all.

thoughts?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fibonacci

Agreed with sherman.... "what qb does not have good WR". (I still dislike the guys mouth).

Anyhow they got this right.

Furthermore just let me add, 60% of the QBs today could throw 3500 yards with white, Julio, Tony. That right there can easily get you 2500 (and that's on a very low side).

Guest fibonacci

Brees at @ #11...still think he's top 10.

Honestly... Agreed. Make a thread on it... Cause this one is going to get covered up fast

Flacco > Ryan

When Ryan is 11-0 in the playoffs then Ryan can be equal to Flacco. Saying "Flacco had that one run in the playoffs" is great and makes you feel better about your QB. However, until your QB duplicates that, hes not as good.

Flacco > Ryan

When Ryan is 11-0 in the playoffs then Ryan can be equal to Flacco. Saying "Flacco had that one run in the playoffs" is great and makes you feel better about your QB. However, until your QB duplicates that, hes not as good.

Flaxxo is not 11-0 in the playoffs dipshyt

Guest fibonacci

Flacco > Ryan

Rave... All those respect points I have for you...... I'm whipping my butt with then as I write this.

Flacco > Ryan

What are you stupid or something?

laugh.png I'm not going down this road again. Ryan beats Flacco in every stat on the book and plays on a higher level than him with much less of a running game or defense all year long. Put Ryan on the Ravens and chances are his playoff record is very similar to Flacco's. It's a team sport. Not to mention the Falcons lost all of its games to the Super Bowl winners and losers.

I think I'm pretty justified in thinking Ryan's the better QB, and judging by the list (though I don't put too much stock in it myself) I'm not the only one who thinks that. Having said that, I get why people will say Flacco is better. Better post season record and he's got a Lombardi. I'm not really going to argue the point or suggest that anyone's wrong for using that to rank Flacco ahead. I just think Ryan's the better QB personally and believe time will reveal that. I think the stats already do. When Matt brings home the Lombardi it won't even be a debate anymore.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Flaxxo is not 11-0 in the playoffs dipshyt

I''m pretty sure he means TD to INT ratio.

Dismissing Flacco because he's only "had one hot steak" is selling him short. He's had 2 ****** post seasons, 2 decent post seasons, then 1 great post season. Ryan has yet to come out of ONE SINGLE post season with a positive TD to TO ratio. I'm just saying. and he's been to the post season one more time than Ryan, and according to many on this board, getting to the post season is like the be all and end all regardless of how you play when you get there so...there's that....

I''m pretty sure he means TD to INT ratio.

Dismissing Flacco because he's only "had one hot steak" is selling him short. He's had 2 ****** post seasons, 2 decent post seasons, then 1 great post season. Ryan has yet to come out of ONE SINGLE post season with a positive TD to TO ratio. I'm just saying. and he's been to the post season one more time than Ryan, and according to many on this board, getting to the post season is like the be all and end all regardless of how you play when you get there so...there's that....

So the only scale that matters judging a qb is post season play? Body of work Matt Ryan wins hands down. Lets not forget football is a team sport and championships are team accomplishments. Being on a championship team does not mean that every player on that team is the be all end all for rating. When it comes to personal stats thats a better judge of the individual players accomplishments.

laugh.png I'm not going down this road again. Ryan beats Flacco in every stat on the book and plays on a higher level than him with much less of a running game or defense all year long. Put Ryan on the Ravens and chances are his playoff record is very similar to Flacco's. It's a team sport. Not to mention the Falcons lost all of its games to the Super Bowl winners and losers.

I think I'm pretty justified in thinking Ryan's the better QB, and judging by the list (though I don't put too much stock in it myself) I'm not the only one who thinks that. Having said that, I get why people will say Flacco is better. Better post season record and he's got a Lombardi. I'm not really going to argue the point or suggest that anyone's wrong for using that to rank Flacco ahead. I just think Ryan's the better QB personally and believe time will reveal that. I think the stats already do. When Matt brings home the Lombardi it won't even be a debate anymore.

2n9dsf4.jpg

PPG: ATl: 18.7 BAL: 21.5

Guest fibonacci

2n9dsf4.jpg

PPG: ATl: 18.7 BAL: 21.5

Why don't you take out the post season.

Let me know what it is then.

Again regular season vs regular season. (this is why I say dez is better then Julio)

So the only scale that matters judging a qb is post season play? Body of work Matt Ryan wins hands down. Lets not forget football is a team sport and championships are team accomplishments. Being on a championship team does not mean that every player on that team is the be all end all for rating. When it comes to personal stats thats a better judge of the individual players accomplishments.

I disagree. Sorry. I think Body of work wise Flacco wins hands down. I will take lesser regular season and better post season, over better regular season and lesser post season every day. Nothing is won in the regular season.

And you keep playing the "team sport" card (how convenient), as a cop out. It's not the simple fact that he won the lombardi, it's how he PLAYED in route to said lombardi. Had he been carried, it would be a different story, but you can't argue against 11-1 TD to INT and a 117 Qb rating. Sorry.