I Want This Beast Next Year : Will Sutton

MSalmon

Guest fibonacci

Lol he won't be #1 overall and we won't be 0-16.

Plus, he's got another season. Who knows where **** land in draft

I was just messing. The guy looks big though. And I'll watch him a couple times this year.

Kinda small for a DT isn't he? It seem we always go for DTs in the 290-310 range and it really hasn't helped. We need a fatty to clog up the middle.

If he's the second coming of John Randle, I'm down with it. But I'm tired of a smallish DL that gets shoved around.

Kinda small for a DT isn't he? It seem we always go for DTs in the 290-310 range and it really hasn't helped. We need a fatty to clog up the middle.

If he's the second coming of John Randle, I'm down with it. But I'm tired of a smallish DL that gets shoved around.

As you know I'm like you a proponent of the big clogger DT, but I watched a couple of games with this kid and he was just unstoppable. I think he's 290. You know how we always talk about "baby sapp" this kid may be it

Ill be watching him this season

just from reading about him and knowing nothing else, he sounds like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I saw a few of his games. And on talent alone he looks like a first rounder in pads. But he is smallish. But he's well put together and wide. He has the motor and quickness IMO of Sapp or Randle.

But last year he wasn't well know--this year he will be so it'll be interesting to see how he plays

Interesting and something we could sure use.

Agree. Hope we find something similar this year lol

Dude is a beast, and will likely be where we're picking, late first.

He's a late first / early second player because of his height. Hopefully his weight doesn't get out of control. I could see him becoming a blob pretty easily.

Dude is a beast, and will likely be where we're picking, late first.

He's a late first / early second player because of his height. Hopefully his weight doesn't get out of control. I could see him becoming a blob pretty easily.

Yup I agree. On the weight thing. He looks solid. In a way he reminds me of Babs. Babs came in the league as a 280 pounder.

Yup I agree. On the weight thing. He looks solid. In a way he reminds me of Babs. Babs came in the league as a 280 pounder.

I think we like speed on the lines. Warren sapp was only 300 pounds but fast, quick, and strong as a bull. Peria was all of the above until he blew the knee out. Now he's just fast, and quick. I have no problem with 300 pound dlineman if he has the trifecta. Speed always kills and If he's strong to go with it...Problems. A lot of the play is meanness. Sapp was a mean man. If the player isn't a mean person it won't translate on the dline. Deacon jones was mean, Taylor was mean, randall was mean. We have a collection of nice guys but not one mean guy. We need that mean spirited, mean intented, sh!t talker on the dline. Doesn't matter if he's 300 or 350 if he ain't mean it won't matter. We need mean and nasty.

Edited by TheFatboi

I think we like speed on the lines. Warren sapp was only 300 pounds but fast, quick, and strong as a bull. Peria was all of the above until he blew the knee out. Now he's just fast, and quick. I have no problem with 300 pound dlineman if he has the trifecta. Speed always kills and If he's strong to go with it...Problems. A lot of the play is meanness. Sapp was a mean man. If the player isn't a mean person it won't translate on the dline. Deacon jones was mean, Taylor was mean, randall was mean. We have a collection of nice guys but not one mean guy. We need that mean spirited, mean intented, sh!t talker on the dline. Doesn't matter if he's 300 or 350 if he ain't mean it won't matter. We need mean and nasty.

Well said. I like sutton because his speed and quickness makes him versatile. He can line up as a 5 technique. Play the UT in a 4 man front. Play DE in 4 man front as well. Suprisingly as it sounds with his strength and speed he could even line up as the nose in 34 looks at times. Quick guys like Jason Ferguson and Jay Ratliff did excellent in that role despite not being 340.

Point being a high energy pass rusher like him could flourish in our hybrid scheme

Well said. I like sutton because his speed and quickness makes him versatile. He can line up as a 5 technique. Play the UT in a 4 man front. Play DE in 4 man front as well. Suprisingly as it sounds with his strength and speed he could even line up as the nose in 34 looks at times. Quick guys like Jason Ferguson and Jay Ratliff did excellent in that role despite not being 340.

Point being a high energy pass rusher like him could flourish in our hybrid scheme

Exactly. If he's all that I like it. It's been plenty fatty's wash out. Wilfork isn't just big. He's fast,quick and smart. Putting a fat boy out there just cause he's fat ain't good. I'm gonna check sutton out.