Cutting Off Family Members

Has anybody ever done this? I recently brought this idea up to some friends and they had the whole

"OMG NO!!! YOU GOTTA FORGIVE FAMILY!!!111"

This doesnt make sense to me though. Horrible people who happen to be family are still horrible people, and you shouldnt have to be nice to them or have them in your life just because they are family.

I feel some things are simply unforgivable.

Please define what you consider a "Horrible person."

A guy who sleeps around on his fiance(female) with men, catches HIV, and then tries to flip out on you when you tell their fiance to get tested.

All the while this same person is trying to discredit your character to other family members(Although this is inconsequential because I honestly give less than an "eff you see kay" what other people think of me)

Edited by Forever Julian

A guy who sleeps around on his fiance(female) with men, catches HIV, and then tries to flip out on you when you tell their fiance to get tested.

All the while this same person is trying to discredit your character to other family members(Although this is inconsequential because I honestly give less than an "eff you see kay" what other people think of me)

Not only are they a horrible person, but they are probably committing a crime. People who knowingly have HIV are legally required to tell their partners in most states.

There are plenty of family members that I had to cut loose. Just gotta do what you gotta do. Heck I cut one loose last year cause this Mutha plucka was trying to force his way into my home while I was at work and only my wife and daughter was there. First I found him and beat his arse , then told f family

Thankfully I've never had to do that but sometimes people aren't as fortunate and have to/need to. From extreme examples like the one you gave and sexual/physical assault to a family member that is just a leech and makes things unpleasant and difficult for everyone they come around. It is what it is.

For me personally, my family are those who I SAY is my family. I do not define my familial ties by blood or marriage. I define my familial ties by those who are loyal and true to me and I to them. I have child molesters, rapists, and cold-hearted people in my family. Do you think I consider them family? Yes, I am related to them. They are in fact my relatives because I am related to them by blood or marriage, but I will Never claim them as my family. Blood means nothing to me unless such person upholds what it means to be a family member. For example, what good is it for one to claim to be this or that, but they are not this or that inwardly as evidenced by their lifestyle, actions, words, and deeds. They are only what they claim to be outwardly, that is to say what they claim to be. My family are those who are true and loyal to me and I to them. I will not make concessions for you because you are related to me by blood or marriage. What is the difference between someone who steals from you and a family member who has done it several times over, only to ask forgiveness yet continue to do the same thing? Also, better is a friend nearby than a brother that is far off. I got into it with my wife's cousin one time and she came back with "blood is thicker than water". I told her "Well, you cant compare our marriage to water, beeotch".

hmm_wtf_gif.gif