Paula Deen Admits In Deposition To Using N-Word, Telling Racist Jokes, Reports Says Read More: Http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/19/paula-

slamee101

Wow...gotta say I'm not shocked at all.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/19/paula-deen-admits-in-deposition-to-using-n-word-telling-racist-jokes-report/

Celebrity chef Paula Deen admitted in a recorded deposition to telling racist jokes, using the N-word, and planning a slavery-themed wedding, according to multiple reports.

The May 17 deposition where she made the alleged admissions is part of a $1.2 million lawsuit brought by Lisa Jackson, the former manager of a Savannah, Georgia, restaurant run by Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers.

Jackson alleges in the suit that Deen used the N-word at the restaurant and that Hiers sexually harassed her.

According to the reports, in the deposition, Deen replied “Yes, of course,” when asked if she used the N-word.

Deen also reportedly admitted telling racist jokes, explaining: “It’s just what they are — they’re jokes…most jokes are about Jewish people, rednecks, black folks…I can’t determine what offends another person.”

Jackson said also Deen wanted African-American employees to act like slaves for a big wedding she was planning. Deen explained she got the idea from a restaurant where "the whole entire waiter staff was middle-aged black men, and they had on beautiful white jackets with a black bow tie," the National Enquirer reports. The magazine also quoted Deen as saying: “I mean, it was really impressive. That restaurant represented a certain era in America…after the Civil War, during the Civil War, before the Civil War…It was not only black men, it was black women…I would say they were slaves.”

Her brother Bubba also admitted to referring to President Obama with the N-word, the report claims.

Emails to Paula Deen's rep and reps for the Food Network, which airs "Paula's Best Dishes" and "Paula's Home Cooking," were not immediately returned.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/19/paula-deen-admits-in-deposition-to-using-n-word-telling-racist-jokes-report/#ixzz2WhJMu7X4

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWS FLASH: Old white southern ladies tend to be at least a little racist. Shocking, I know.

My grandmother in central Georgia is definitely that woman. She's an old southern democrat. Used the N word all the time, voted for Obama in 2008. lol

My grandmother in central Georgia is definitely that woman. She's an old southern democrat. Used the N word all the time, voted for Obama in 2008. lol

This is my grandparents. Both my grandfather and grandmother use the N word all the time and are dyed in the wool blue dog democrats. I will never forget the time I gave a friends little sister a ride home from kung fu. I ran into a cousin at the gas station. Within an hour I got a phone call from my mother. "Are you on a date with a black girl?" I was pretty shocked. I was tempted to say yes except that the girl was fifteen and I was twenty-four. They were ready to have me skinned. Never mind that the cousin who I saw is a bonafide mouth breather who dropped out of high school and the underage girl that I was giving a ride home was a concert cellist, black belt in kung fu, and by the time she graduated high school only needed a few credits for her bachelors degree.

And... they all voted for Obama

This is my grandparents. Both my grandfather and grandmother use the N word all the time and are dyed in the wool blue dog democrats. I will never forget the time I gave a friends little sister a ride home from kung fu. I ran into a cousin at the gas station. Within an hour I got a phone call from my mother. "Are you on a date with a black girl?" I was pretty shocked. I was tempted to say yes except that the girl was fifteen and I was twenty-four. They were ready to have me skinned. Never mind that the cousin who I saw is a bonafide mouth breather who dropped out of high school and the underage girl that I was giving a ride home was a concert cellist, black belt in kung fu, and by the time she graduated high school only needed a few credits for her bachelors degree.

And... they all voted for Obama

wacko.png

Yeah it still might cause a stir, but it's the South WGAS(Who gives a s***) Even though I'm black myself, but it's still like that's not shocking in the least bit.

aint that the truth. . . . I am dumbfounded though by how your grandparents are yet they voted for and support Obama. . . .what in the rainbow phuck?!?!

I dont think that people by and large vote based on their personal ethics. IMO there is alot of irrational motivation in peoples voting habits. Also, racism is a very irrational. So, it is hard to predict what a racist will be like.

My grandparents used that word all the time. Neither of my children have ever heard it uttered...not once= progress

The country and even the south has changed a great deal. What was routine, really isn't anymore

My ten year old nephew was reading Tom Sawyer and had to ask my brother what it meant.

I'm a Mississippi man. You think I care? I applaud her for staying real with it and not denying it. Flip Flop, lol'd at the story man. Good one. There are many blue dog Dems out there who vote Dem, but only out of habit. My fam are conservative Dems, myself included.

I will say this as I say about all situations, I don't care what you do in your personal life, its yours to live as you will. I really don't want the thought police all up in my house trying to get me to think and feel the way they want me to. LOL!!!

Black American btw.

I dont think that people by and large vote based on their personal ethics. IMO there is alot of irrational motivation in peoples voting habits. Also, racism is a very irrational. So, it is hard to predict what a racist will be like.

Are your gp's racist, or prejudiced. Using a slur and not wanting your relatives to date outside of the race, isn't actually racism as much as it is good old fashioned prejudice.

I am aware that these definitions have changed to reflect post modern "progress", but I still look at it that way. Its easier to work with.

Are your gp's racist, or prejudiced. Using a slur and not wanting your relatives to date outside of the race, isn't actually racism as much as it is good old fashioned prejudice.

I am aware that these definitions have changed to reflect post modern "progress", but I still look at it that way. Its easier to work with.

Yea, I'd have to disagree. I think their reaction to the thought of him dating a black girl and their regular use of the word pretty much makes them racist. For reasons that still make me laugh though many people in the south love to say it doesn't make them racist. If you're racist it's ok to own it.

It's almost as if being labeled "racist" hits a little harder than being labeled "prejudiced" so they prefer to go with that. Almost like homosexual men in the black community on the DL (a term used to describe men who pretend to be straight but secretly date women) who refuse to admit to being gay and come up with any and every other name for it. You are what you are.