New Stadium Reminds Me Of The Omni

At first I loved the new design and I like that we are thinking out of the box in designing the new stadium. But the more I look at it, the cheesier it looks and over time we are going to say WTF. We had the same experience with the Omni and its "Waffle" roof design. At first it was innovative and futuristic but after 5 years we were scratching our heads.

Edited by Bobby Biskie

At first I loved the new design and I like that we are thinking out of the box in designing the new stadium. But the more I look at it, the cheesier it looks and over time we are going to say WTF. We had the same experience with the Omni and its "Waffle" roof design. At first it was innovative and futuristic but after 5 years we left scratching our heads.

i think Bobby Biskie and Xfactor should go on a hunger strike until Arthur Blank reconsiders and changes his mind and builds these guys dream-generic stadium.

At first I loved the new design and I like that we are thinking out of the box in designing the new stadium. But the more I look at it, the cheesier it looks and over time we are going to say WTF. We had the same experience with the Omni and its "Waffle" roof design. At first it was innovative and futuristic but after 5 years we left scratching our heads.

I need stronger glasses.

You have a point. Unfortunately, we build things in this city to be eventually torn down. I give this building 25 yrs before we start construction on a newer facility.

I can understand what you're trying to say about the Omni butI think this design is an architectural marvel. (sp) It has so many different angles and sight lines. As an artist I think it's a work of art and the fact that we are the Falcons, and it reminds me of a Transformer's bird nest, makes it the perfect design.

Well sir, I happen to know a thing or two about the Omni...I saw Metallica there. Saw Def Leppard there, too. Plus Jimmy Page once and Robert Plant twice. And this new stadium? It's no Omni, no sir. Not one bit. This new stadium is what you would call a legitimate wonder of architectural world.

I loved the old team the hawks had when they played at the omni.. Mookie blaylock, Steve smith, mutombo, Tyrone Corbin, Stacy augmon..those where the days..

I can go back further, to the Roundfield, John Drew, and Eddie Johnson days before Nique was traded here. To compare the Omni to this new facility is like comparing spam to filet mignon...

It's a kick *** stadium but I'm waiting for the announcement that the retractable roof will be replaced by a sky dome like inflatable due to cost over runs or structural constraints. I have little faith that 360 can pull it off. Met Life was supposed to be a retractable roof stadium as well, but it became a lackluster generic stadium that changes colors.

Also don’t count on Arthur Blank spending 100 million on a video board that spans around the perimeter of the roof. At most there will be four regular sized boards hung on each side of the octagon. I'll bet $100.

At first I loved the new design and I like that we are thinking out of the box in designing the new stadium. But the more I look at it, the cheesier it looks and over time we are going to say WTF. We had the same experience with the Omni and its "Waffle" roof design. At first it was innovative and futuristic but after 5 years we were scratching our heads.

whats important here is HOW THE F___ YOU START A NEW TOPIC?