Man Of Steel

Willy Mo

I just saw it last night. anyone else here seen man of steel?

just thought I'd make a thread to see RC peoples opinion on it.

not dropping any spoilers, I'd give it a 7.5/10 or an 8/10

the best part about it IMO was the "controversial" ending the movie had. [if you watched you know what I'm talking about]

anyway, I recommend seeing it, it's a mix of semi-good story telling and over-the-top summer movie action

Going this weekend with my girl. Superman is/was my all time favorite comic hero. Superman is the best of them all and could easily win most battles vs other popular comic hero's. It does get on my nerves when a certain undeserving individual calls himself or is referred to as Superman.

The Flashback scenes were pretty good, too bad they were sandwiched between a prologue and main feature that actively tried to lose me at every turn. It looked great - don't get me wrong - it works as pure spectacle just fine. But a movie like this only works if you care, and I didn't. :(

The Flashback scenes were pretty good, too bad they were sandwiched between a prologue and main feature that actively tried to lose me at every turn. It looked great - don't get me wrong - it works as pure spectacle just fine. But a movie like this only works if you care, and I didn't. sad.png

you are right. the splicing if the flashbacks was pretty bad. [spoilers] and once it cuts from the first 20 minutes on krypton to clark on earth, one scene that threw me was the ice cave with the suit and how bad it was at explaining how he got there. I'm gonna rewatch it later today so maybe I'll understand that the second time around.

Anyone ever seen Superman 2 - The Richard Donner Cut?

Yeah, it's worth seeing, but it's super (heh) difficult to divorce my childhood nostalgia from the original release and judge them both on their own merits. Zod was less over the top in the Donner cut, I didn't like the re-use of the time-travel deus ex machine, and the return trip to beat up the mean trucker seemed disconnected and pointless in this edit. It was still good, but the Lester version wins IMO.

Yeah, it's worth seeing, but it's super (heh) difficult to divorce my childhood nostalgia from the original release and judge them both on their own merits. Zod was less over the top in the Donner cut, I didn't like the re-use of the time-travel deus ex machine, and the return trip to beat up the mean trucker seemed disconnected and pointless in this edit. It was still good, but the Lester version wins IMO.

I'm on the opposite side. No Lois in Paris, no Niagara river, no burned hand, made for addition by subtraction.