Ps3 Update Bricking Consoles

Quality.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/06/ps3-4-45-update-bricking-peoples-consoles/

"

PS3-4.45-Firmware-brick-515x289.jpg

Sony has released firmware 4.45 for the PS3 just a few minutes ago. However, there have been numerous reports that it bricks your console.

There have been numerous people on twitter that say their console is frozen after they’ve downloaded the firmware. It’s not just one person, but several people are stuck when they reboot the system. All they see is wavy lines and the console never starts up again. There’s even more evidence of people experiencing problems on the official PlayStation forums.

We warn users not to update your PS3 until a fix is made. Hopefully Sony resolves the issue soon before even more people experience bricked PS3 consoles…

A photo of the glitch can be seen below as taken from a user on twitter:

ps3-firmware-glitch-169x300.jpg

Update: Some people are saying this only affects people with hard drives over 500GB. Still, it’s best to keep things safe and not download the update just yet until Sony fixes it.

Update: Sony rolled back Firmware 4.45. When you boot up your PS3, you will no longer be prompted to download."

Thanks for the heads up. Does this update do anything though?

The only update mentioned when I updated was regarding trophy notifications. I'm sure there's more to it though. I noticed a progress bar on the preparing background downloads screen when I was downloading stuff from the store.

The only update mentioned when I updated was regarding trophy notifications. I'm sure there's more to it though. I noticed a progress bar on the preparing background downloads screen when I was downloading stuff from the store.

They need sooooooooooo badly to have games that download in the background install automatically. I got PS+ and spent two full days running back and clicking install on all those games that downloaded

They need sooooooooooo badly to have games that download in the background install automatically. I got PS+ and spent two full days running back and clicking install on all those games that downloaded

I agree, but what I do is leave my stuff to download when I'm away or at night when I go to bed. When you have stuff downloading and go to power down the PS3 it asks if you want the system to automatically shut off after downloads are completed. Check that box, hit yes, it will finish downloading and install before shutting off. I also leave my controller to charge when I do this. Works great for me. But I agree. It would be better if it installed automatically.

I think if you have stuff to install it will give you the same prompt when you go to power off even if you're not downloading.

The problems were mostly for consoles over 500 GB HDD

Regardless, they have rolled back the update. Don't know how they will help the people with a useless box now.

That sucks. Hopefully it's something that can get sorted out without much problem.

Sony will release a new PlayStation 3 firmware update next week that aims to fix the 4.45 update that "bricked" some consoles, the company announced today. The new update will be released on June 27.

"We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week," Sony said in a statement. "A new PS3 system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue."

"Thank you for your patience and understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience."

Several users reported on the PlayStation forums this week that the 4.45 update caused their systems to become locked down. Sony pulled the update, though the company has not said how many systems were affected.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-launching-ps3-firmware-fix-next-week-6410578

yep same here.. that sucks it has caused this problem.

Yeah... and it's kinda funny that it's only seeming to affect PS3's with 500+ GB hard drives. Funny to me because I was saying to myself that I would take the 500 GB hard drive out of the PS4 when I get it, put it in the PS3, and put a 1 TB in the PS4.