Steven Jackson : “ Atlanta Offense Makes Me Raise My Game”

If I have said it once I have said it a million times. Steven Jackson is one of the most underrated signings of all time. This guy is going to run wild this season. It is going to be a show... I can't wait

Calm down Susan. Let's see the man play first.

If I have said it once I have said it a million times. Steven Jackson is one of the most underrated signings of all time. This guy is going to run wild this season. It is going to be a show... I can't wait

You may be right; however, the good news for the Falcons is that Jackson does not have to run wild and accumulate gaudy rushing stats. So long as he can reach the edges and hits the holes with violence and speed, he will likely average nearly 5 yards per attempt which will force the defense to stay honest and play with 8 in the box at times. That is all we need from Jackson cause it will open it up even more for Ryan and Co. If SJ can do this while being a receiving threat from the backfield, it will be a successful season for both he and the Falcons, regardless of what his total rushing yardage looks like.

Edited by Falconsin2012

You may be right; however, the good news for the Falcons is that Jackson does not have to run wild and accumulate gaudy rushing stats. So long as he can reach the edges and hits the holes with violence and speed, he will likely average nearly 5 yards per attempt which will force the defense to stay honest and play with 8 in the box at times. That is all we need from Jackson cause it will open it up even more for Ryan and Co. If SJ can do this while being a receiving threat from the backfield, it will be a successful season for both he and the Falcons, regardless of what his total rushing yardage looks like.

I know this... that's the point. He isn't going to "have" to do all that much.

He can cut back or bounce outside. He is already used to crappy blocking, playing for Rams.

Agree, but unlike when he was playing with the Rams he is going to be fresh playing for us. He won't be carrying this team on his back

Guest Negatorris

SJax will only be as good as our Oline. Trust me.

Yeah, because he just came from a team with a run blocking OL on par with the Niners.

Guest Regular Guy

That is one big sombitch! I think he's going to have no issues here, clearly an upgrade over MT33. I think he'll bring back what we HAD with Turner 2-3 years ago and with our offense more developed than it was then, the results should be great. Let's hope for a great season and that all of our weapons stay healthy.

SJax will only be as good as our Oline. Trust me.

He was really good with the Ram who had a horrible Oline and were overall a horrible team for years.

SJ will be as good or better than he was on the Rams regardless of our oline and that is an upgrade to what turner has done the last few years.

I'm not necessarily expecting his stats to be eye-popping.

The true value he'll add is on 3rd and shorts to sustain drives. Turner had almost zero burst last year when it came to converting short yardage situations. I don't know the stats, but my guess is that we threw the ball more than almost any team on short yardage situations. Anyone know where to find such data?

He'll probably break 1000 yards, but given our pass-first mentality, I don't think 1,500 is realistic in this offense.