New Atlanta Falcons Stadium Website Up!

IceFalcon

If that's the final design I'm heartbroken I was sooo looking forward to a beautiful stadium we could call home. That design is not only one of the ugliest buildings but by far the ugliest football stadium I've ever seen. I remember looking for a expensive print of the Georgia Dome at night to hang in my office but decided to wait to see the new design pics. I wouldn't hang that in my basement.

If that's the final design I'm heartbroken I was sooo looking forward to a beautiful stadium we could call home. That design is not only one of the ugliest buildings but by far the ugliest football stadium I've ever seen. I remember looking for a expensive print of the Georgia Dome at night to hang in my office but decided to wait to see the new design pics. I wouldn't hang that in my basement.

I too felt it was ugly at first but it has grown on me and I personally can not wait to have not only one of the most original unique stadiums in the NFL but also the world. I think people from ATL will come to appreciate it.

Atlanta will be known for the stadium and vice versa. It will be like the opera house and Sydney how people assimilate the two. I for one much prefer this over having another boring retractable roof dome. We will be ahead of our time with this structure.

Have you seen San Frans new stadium?

Building a new stadium with 80k or more permanent seats today is as asinine as putting up a 35k seat arena for an NBA team. Even if the team is a national draw (Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Bears), it would still be difficult to sell all of those seats when the team is 4-9, which happens to everyone at some point.

With more and more folks willing to just pay for the Sunday Ticket and stay home, it makes less than no sense to go beyond 70k without having to give duckets away every week, especially if the team is having a down year.

Now if the stadium has the versatility to add 5-10,000 seats for special occasions and/or the playoffs, that's fine. Otherwise, it makes no sense....

Edited by ratesforless

Please don't say it's worse than this if so freaking fantastic they deserve it.

What's the point in a new stadium if it looks like Lucas Oil part two? Might as well just stick with the Dome. This would add a bigger dimension to not only the skyline of Atlanta, but the city itself. When you see the Dome, you know it's Atlanta, but it's not anything special. If you're going to spend $1B on a stadium, it better look like it.

I just saw a picture of the proposed new stadium. How many hundreds of millions of dollars are going to be spent on that? Meanwhile we are cutting education. Schools are in disrepair and teachers are getting cut left and right, but you'll have a brand new stadium to "play football". Unbelievable.... You're really going to build this? Really?

I just saw a picture of the proposed new stadium. How many hundreds of millions of dollars are going to be spent on that? Meanwhile we are cutting education. Schools are in disrepair and teachers are getting cut left and right, but you'll have a brand new stadium to "play football". Unbelievable.... You're really going to build this? Really?

Because the stadium will make them more money. That's all its about.